Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mars Volta In Santa Cruz
Zack de la Rocha Network Forum > the 'burbs > .:: Commons of Culture ::. > .:: Music Room ::. > Upcoming Shows
Pages: 1, 2
TheShootingStar
cry.gif
Metzli
dunno.gif
TheShootingStar
nonono.gif
DTA
wha its right over the hill for me. score its like 20 mins away or less. im so gonna go.
TheShootingStar
^ Do you already got your tickets?!?!? Because I think its sold out.. dunno.gif
Metzli
the "advance" ticket sales sold out.. But I think he can just go to the catalyst WAY early and get in for $20 ... it's worth a shot!
TheShootingStar
^ Oh ok... Thats cool.. Elisium you better get there early then.. I know the lines will probably be packed!!!
Metzli
zyes.gif yEP!

I'm leaving school at 4:30 and hopefully We'll get there before two hours and then get the tix and yeah.. meh... yay! It'll be fun! smile.gif
TheShootingStar
^ So, are u gettin hyped about this yet Rage-Babe???? grin.gif

They will be playin NEW material!!!! clap2.gif I can't wait!!!! I can't wait!!!! clap2.gif
Metzli
w00t.gif
TheShootingStar
I wonder how many new songs they play?!??! grin.gif
DTA
fuck babe its gonna take you like wha 3 hours to get there. im so glad i live so close. fuck it im just gonna chill on the beach untill its time for the show. me and rico will go. just hang out in santa cruz. you can no longer play hacky sak on the main street in santa cruz. sad.gif they banned it you can get fined. they have so much to do there. the whole day will be fun. hey rage if you need a place to crash i just moved to a bigger house you more than welcome to stay here if you want.
Metzli
It wont take that long! I swear it'll take like 2 hours!! Anyways... we're gonna drive back to my house after the show... as tired as we'll be.. It's cool dude! Maybe I'll run into some people there... shifty.gif

laugh.gif Ahh It's in 4 days! yay!

and tomorrow.. Bob Dylan! grin.gif
TheShootingStar
QUOTE(Rage-Babe @ Oct 17 2004, 09:57 PM)
Maybe I'll run into some people there... shifty.gif
[right][snapback]139306[/snapback][/right]

Tell Zack I said what up... grin.gif
Metzli
I HIGHLY doubt he'll be there.

According to Mapquest.. It'll take us 2hours and 14 minutes... So we'll be there right before 7.. and doors open at 8 I think... or 7:30..

TSS: I won't meet anyone famous or anything... so don't trip! wink.gif
TheShootingStar
^ So, did your source tell ya he wasn't goin??!?! shifty.gif laughing.gif

We'll see about that though.. I just got a feeling that your going to bump into or meet Cedric before the show.. grin.gif

Oh, and don't trust Mapquest.. I swear they be givin you the right directions.. But, they take you around in circles and send you ways you don't need to go!! Trust me, I know.. ermm.gif
Metzli
You honestly think that I'll run into him?? w00t.gif

clap2.gif

Nah.. I don't think so ermm.gif
zack19709
^Yeah right... tongue.gif
Just see the facts shifty.gif laughing.gif
DTA
QUOTE(Rage-Babe @ Oct 17 2004, 03:08 PM)
I HIGHLY doubt he'll be there.

According to Mapquest.. It'll take us 2hours and 14 minutes... So we'll be there right before 7.. and doors open at 8 I think... or 7:30..

TSS: I won't meet anyone famous or anything... so don't trip! wink.gif
[right][snapback]139314[/snapback][/right]

so you taking 101 to 17 or I5 to 880 to 101 to 17

QUOTE(TheShootingStar @ Oct 17 2004, 03:20 PM)
^ So, did your source tell ya he wasn't goin??!?!  shifty.gif    laughing.gif

We'll see about that though..  I just got a feeling that your going to bump into or meet Cedric before the show..  grin.gif

Oh, and don't trust Mapquest..  I swear they be givin you the right directions..  But, they take you around in circles and send you ways you don't need to go!! Trust me, I know..  ermm.gif
[right][snapback]139320[/snapback][/right]

yup

QUOTE(Rage-Babe @ Oct 17 2004, 03:32 PM)

clap2.gif

[right][snapback]139323[/snapback][/right]

my friend meet them in san francisco. they were just walking around. all of them. so you might. ill be there or around there all day.

Metzli
Yeah... I'm still not all pumped about the show... and the reason is because There is Only ONE person that I know I'll have the most FUN with at the show... He was TRULY my best Friend! I miss him! and I wish I could've gone to the show with him! ermm.gif

URSA MINOR!! embar.gif

But Zoe and I will try to have as much fun as we can! smile.gif
DTA
thats the spirt
TheShootingStar
QUOTE(Rage-Babe @ Oct 17 2004, 10:32 PM)

clap2.gif

[right][snapback]139323[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I really do.. Thats the way you met them that one time.. So, its very possible... grin.gif
TheShootingStar
QUOTE(Rage-Babe @ Oct 18 2004, 06:46 AM)
Yeah... I'm still not all pumped about the show... and the reason is because There is Only ONE person that I know I'll have the most FUN with at the show... He was TRULY my best Friend! I miss him! and I wish I could've gone to the show with him! ermm.gif

URSA MINOR!!  embar.gif

But Zoe and I will try to have as much fun as we can! smile.gif
[right][snapback]139369[/snapback][/right]

What happened to him??? Why can't he go??
Metzli
He's far away.(back home) But He'll be in my heart... so It'll be like he was there. smile.gif
Deloused
So stoked on this...There isn't an opening band listed on the Catalyst site either! There is for every other show for the next month. I think it's going to be "An Evening with The Mars Volta". I bet they play the new album from front to back. GOING TO BE AWESOME! I'll be the one guy not wearing a trucker hat or afro... wink.gif
DTA
i will be the one with no pants. laughing.gif
Metzli
I'll be the Random person with long black hair and bangs... umm probably wearing Jeans and vans and some random top... and Zoe will be the other Random person with me and she has SHORT Black hair... so yeah Long black hair (ME) and SHort Black hair (Zoe)

laugh.gif

Yeah... It should be interesting!
Metzli
it's tomorrow! yay! clap2.gif
DTA
i cant go mad.gif stupid doctors apointment. since broke my ankle again i had to miss the deftones concert in sac. and now mars volta. cry.gif
TheShootingStar
QUOTE(Deloused @ Oct 19 2004, 05:53 PM)
I'll be the one guy not wearing a trucker hat or afro... wink.gif
[right][snapback]139571[/snapback][/right]

Way to narrow it down for them... wink.gif laughing.gif
TheShootingStar
QUOTE(elisium @ Oct 19 2004, 10:19 PM)
i will be the one with no pants.  laughing.gif
[right][snapback]139600[/snapback][/right]

So, shorts it is huh?!?!? laughing.gif

Its a little cold for that... blink.gif
TheShootingStar
QUOTE(Rage-Babe @ Oct 20 2004, 10:02 PM)
it's tomorrow! yay! clap2.gif
[right][snapback]139781[/snapback][/right]

Its today!!!! clap2.gif

Who's ready for this?!?!?!?!??! w00t.gif I can smell new material all over this show!!!!!!! clap2.gif Tell me how it goes Rage-Babe!!!! grin.gif I know you got to be hyped up for this now!!!!!!! tongue.gif I'm hyped and I'm not even going!!!! laughing.gif
Metzli
actually if you read my newest thread "Noooo!!" I'm not too hyped about anything right right now... I'm sure I'll be hyped for the show... but I'm kinda sad right now ermm.gif
TheShootingStar
^ Sorry to hear about the loss.. ermm.gif

Maybe the show tonight will cheer ya up a bit.. wink.gif
Metzli
Okay so here it goes....

We left Davis at about 5:15 se got on the freeway and got to Santa Cruz right before 8 so we got out tickets and we got inside... RUSHED IT to the Front.. and we still had to wait an hour and half... so for the mean time I made some friends... Zoe was with her guy so I just started talking to Random people.. I met these two guys from Chico... haha their names were Guillermo and David... but anyways... so Mars Volta comes on at 9:40 or so.. here's the Set:

Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt (this went on for about 20 minutes)
then it transitioned to
CONCERTINA w00t.gif and I went CRAZY!! then...
Drunkship... this was another 20 minute song... then
Eriatarka another one of my favorites again about 20 minutes.. then
Cicatriz WOW! Not kidding 25-30 minutes!! then they played
TELEVATORS!! I almost died!! cry.gif to close it off they...
played ROULETTE DARES!!!

so this means they didn't play any NEW stuff... but IT was A GREAT INTIMATE SHOW!

I swear My intestines and Insides are compressed by all the damn people in the pit! There was this IDIOT that kep Pushing me and I fucking went CRAZY and Pushed him WAY off! It was FUnny!! laugh.gif and then he didn't mess with me anymore orale.gif shiiiiii I should them what was what! drunk.gif ummm let's see... I came out of the PIt Soaked and all wet ... yucky.gif but overall... AWESOME! Cedric was talking to everybody in the crowd and telling people to be nice to everyone and he was telling people to CHill in the pit! It was quite nice of him...

OH!! I forgot to mention... but JON TOOK OFF HIS SHIRT (as he ALWAYS does) but when He did that I was lile w00t.gif essen.gif laugh.gif anyways... It was AWESOME POSSUM! Well WORTH the $15 grin.gif anyways... any Questions... feel free to ask...

TheShootingStar
Yeah, so I heard about the show.. I heard that they did a HECK of a good job promotin the new album... shifty.gif

laughing.gif So, Rage-Babe.. Whats this I hear about some dude throwin his shoe onstage???? And Cedric just has this intense look on his face??! w00t.gif So, were they moshin in the pit?!??! shifty.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.