Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mad Cow Disease
Zack de la Rocha Network Forum > the 'burbs > .:: Best and Worst... ::. > .:: "the hot seat" ::.
regilas
I found this link moments ago. Very interesting. For all of you beef eaters, I'd stop.
rev79
In the U.S., which has only one documented case of Mad Cow to this point, we can't go around fearing beef, in my opinion. Or any other meat for that matter. I've been eating meat my entire life, and it will continue that way. The 'scare' over this latest incident is no different then anything else we can be worried about as humans. Seems silly that they're always coming up with dangerous shit dealing with things that we've been doing for thousands of years.
Dubbilex
It's kind of like Salmonella - despite the fact that it could be in raw eggs, has anyone ever stopped eating cookie dough?
Moremi
I no longer eat beef clap2.gif

Forget mad cow disease, check out what that stuff does to your colon ermm.gif
Other reasons to stop eating beef (1) it's hard to digest (2) Beef is high in fat (3) Cows are pumped up with growth hormones and antibiotics that effect our health. These chemicals are excreted through their waste. Cow waste has to be stored in ponds that contaminate our wells and drinking water. People have died and become ill as a result of this (4) Beef increases uric acid in the body which causes heart and kidney problems.
regilas
QUOTE (revolutionusa @ Jan 22 2004, 10:37 AM)
In the U.S., which has only one documented case of Mad Cow to this point, we can't go around fearing beef, in my opinion. Or any other meat for that matter. I've been eating meat my entire life, and it will continue that way. The 'scare' over this latest incident is no different then anything else we can be worried about as humans. Seems silly that they're always coming up with dangerous shit dealing with things that we've been doing for thousands of years.

U-huh

Believe what you wanna believe, rusa.

That's just the beginning. They don't even label whether the cow was treated with the shit they feed em (literally).

And now they feed the babies blood formula instead of milk formula. Washington may be just the beginning, but it's rediculous that they have to use that stuff in the first place. You (again) sound like someone old. "I've been eatin that for 60 years, and there ain't not-in wrong wit it."

I've eaten all kinds of meat. It's good, but think about eating shit off a cow. I don't eat beef, and I hardly eat chicken. Turkey = once a year. I wouldn't call myself a vegetarian, however.

No, we haven't been feeding blood and shit to cows for years.
rev79
QUOTE (regilas @ Jan 22 2004, 04:25 PM)
You (again) sound like someone old. "I've been eatin that for 60 years, and there ain't not-in wrong wit it."

rolleyes.gif And you, again, sound like someone very young afraid of their own shadow because you can't realize when you're being bullshitted!
Rage Man Leca
^and your being bullshitted by buying into the most corupt/biggest corperation ever wink.gif
regilas
Young and buying into bullshit, am I?

Well, not that I'm looking forward to it, but when you get Mad Cow and can't post on here anymore, I'll be celebrating. There have been deaths, as read, and much proof has shown that, yes, as researched, that you get holes in your brain. If you really believe that this is all just a conspiracy or some bullshit story to get people goin on things, you're "dead" wrong.

Even milk cows, which we now buy organic, because there is no difference between the feeding of them and beef cows. Both are fed shit as adults and blood with water as babies. But you believe it's all bullshit, and that since you been eatin beef for whatever amount of years, it's ok.

Again, when I'm right, you'll regret it for a moment. Not that I'm saying it'll happen to you, because it doesn't happen to everyone. Just those found with the disease. There is plenty of evidence showing it. I don't see your evidence arguing against it.
rev79
QUOTE (Rage Man Leca @ Jan 23 2004, 07:55 PM)
^and your being bullshitted by buying into the most corupt/biggest corperation ever

I don't particularly care to get into a discussion with you, ass. Soon as I heard you spitting on the graves of people lost during 9-11, I kind of put you on ignore. I eat meat because it tastes good to me and I get hungry. Plain and simple. Doesn't have a damn thing to do with me 'buying into a corperation'
rev79
QUOTE (regilas @ Jan 24 2004, 12:22 AM)
Young and buying into bullshit, am I?

Well, not that I'm looking forward to it, but when you get Mad Cow and can't post on here anymore, I'll be celebrating. There have been deaths, as read, and much proof has shown that, yes, as researched, that you get holes in your brain. If you really believe that this is all just a conspiracy or some bullshit story to get people goin on things, you're "dead" wrong.

Even milk cows, which we now buy organic, because there is no difference between the feeding of them and beef cows. Both are fed shit as adults and blood with water as babies. But you believe it's all bullshit, and that since you been eatin beef for whatever amount of years, it's ok.

Again, when I'm right, you'll regret it for a moment. Not that I'm saying it'll happen to you, because it doesn't happen to everyone. Just those found with the disease. There is plenty of evidence showing it. I don't see your evidence arguing against it.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll happen won't it? Hell, we've had a whole one documented case in the U.S. to this point.. unsure.gif That article you posted was pure speculation.
Like I said, go ahead and live in fear. Its the equivalent of not living at all.
regilas
Fear ain't the problem. Do you live in fear of the police?

The equivilant of not living at all is death.

That one documented case is proof that Mad Cow is spreading from Europe to here. Canada already got quite a bit of it. It is better to prevent that stuff from comin into the US than to let it happen and then react. That kills more people, or worse, completely destroys people except for their life.

Besides, as the old saying goes, "Better safe than sorry"

Oh, and one more thing:

Rage Man, you spat on those people's graves? Where is this posted? How sick, man. They are dead and you're spittin on them graves. That's like Bush's case:

"Oh please, don't kill me." he said, as a woman in Texas was killed seconds later.''

Don't even do that, man, that ain't right.
Sara
QUOTE (Rage Man Leca @ Jan 24 2004, 01:55 PM)
^and your being bullshitted by buying into the most corupt/biggest corperation ever wink.gif

why r we buying into corporations when we eat meat...we've been eating meat for like thousands of years now...

i know that the disease is there...but for cows to get the disease, they have to be fed meat...and that as far as im concerned, took place mainly in braitin...so it's not like, everyone does it, if someone gets their meat from farms, organic kind...chances are it is being fed grains, or grass....

Well, not that I'm looking forward to it, but when you get Mad Cow and can't post on here anymore, I'll be celebrating.

it's really nice to know that the person debating u has absolutely no feelings w00t.gif u'll celebrate when someone disagreeing with u on something, dies? wow...ur sweet arent u mellow.gif
Sara
QUOTE (regilas @ Jan 24 2004, 06:42 PM)
That one documented case is proof that Mad Cow is spreading from Europe to here. Canada already got quite a bit of it. It is better to prevent that stuff from comin into the US than to let it happen and then react. That kills more people, or worse, completely destroys people except for their life.

for the record one case doesnt constitute a trend or a pattern... wink.gif
Rage Man Leca
Soon as I heard you spitting on the graves of people lost during 9-11

wtf, all i said was we shouldn't be standing in silence and going to assemblys being told that all iraq's are bad people blah blah.

i said that it was bad that it happened, but people die everyday, so do millions or animals each month.

lets not get off topic

revusa...you eat meat, great good job. i couldn't care less, but if you want "revolution", then why the hell do you support the biggest corperation? all im saying bro, lets not get out of context.

why r we buying into corporations when we eat meat...we've been eating meat for like thousands of years now...

it never ends sarah, i love it embar.gif

but anywho the meat industy is the biggest corperation out there, plain and simple.
its supports death, and its so corrput. i just hate all the peace posers/revoultion people who want change blah blah... then they the go and eat a big steak. somewhere things don't make sense.

shit just read Peter Singer and he'll shut all you up smile.gif

Turd Ferguson
QUOTE (Rage Man Leca @ Jan 25 2004, 08:39 PM)
but anywho the meat industy is the biggest corperation out there, plain and simple.

I totally agree. I won't argue with that....
i just hate all the peace posers/revoultion people who want change blah blah... then they the go and eat a big steak. somewhere things don't make sense.

hold up!!! there are different interpretations and methods to peace/revolution! (there's more to progressive causes other than animal rights...different strokes for different folks!) I absolutely loathe this whole absolutist mentality that goes on between fellow leftist comrades! This is exactly what the uber-conservative assholes anticipated of us......to bicker about the "true" devotion of our causes, to expose the fact that even though we think progressively, when it comes to our various issues....we try to kill each other, hence regressing from our collective fundamental ideologies!!! zmat2.gif
Turd Ferguson
dammit! can't we ALL just get along, vegans and omnivores alike? ohno.gif
Sara
QUOTE (Rage Man Leca @ Jan 26 2004, 04:39 PM)
it never ends sarah, i love it embar.gif

its supports death, and its so corrput. i just hate all the peace posers/revoultion people who want change blah blah... then they the go and eat a big steak. somewhere things don't make sense.

shit just read Peter Singer and he'll shut all you up smile.gif

laugh.gif

but u realise if one chooses to buy organics, u'd be buying it from a non-corporation?

also, ur talking bout coroprations, ur using a computer now, made by who? microsoft and the like...they're all corporate arent they? why is it ok to use it, but not eat it? huh.gif

one more thing, this is completely off topic!! we're talking bout mad cow disease, please everyone, stick to that!
Renegades
Well, I'm in Washington state right now, the home of the first case of Mad Cow disease in the states, and I can honestly say - what they did was fucking stupid. I heard on the radio today, confirmed, that these farmers were feeding their cows brains and spinal chords to their stock to 'beef them up' quicker. After what happened in England, you'd think that people would've learnt not to fuck with nature like this. You can't play god like that. I mean, forcing a cow to eat spinal chords and brains? That's just sick... mad.gif
regilas
So then, Sarah, you don't mind sweatshops, right? (I should pull SweatShopUnionRules in here)

Read Fast Food Nation. Once you're done, you shouldn't have to worry about eating much meat anymore. If you have already read it, then I suppose you read it just for the sake of it.

But, back on topic...

Again, one is just the beginning. You're tellin me that people won't get sick. Blood and water formula? Whoa, man, when those cows are older, and it's now proven that there is no difference between the way they feed milk or beef cows, the nation will be spread. England's disease will arrive here. It ain't even England's disease, actually, it's those trying to get money comin in. The darkness of greed is a cause of this.

They can't afford to use a fair amount of milk formula on their cows, so they will use the blood mixed with water and other chemicals to disguise the taste of blood and feed it to the cows. And the blood comes from the cows that they slaughter. In fact, we are now buying organic milk, because of the crap that's done to the milk cows.

And, I don't remember posting this, so: a man went on NPR to say that he had eaten the cow that was tested. "I suppose you can track me and see what happens."

You don't find that moving, to believe that someone is going to lose his brain and then die? OOOOOOOOOOOOk
Sara
QUOTE (regilas @ Jan 27 2004, 08:25 AM)
So then, Sarah, you don't mind sweatshops, right? (I should pull SweatShopUnionRules in here)

whaaaat when did i say that? unsure.gif
Turd Ferguson
what about porcine spongiform encephalopathy? (mad pig disease?).......... dunno.gif

I heard that someone got mad cow from a Vietnamese restaurant eating pho....ohno.gif
regilas
QUOTE (Sarah @ Jan 26 2004, 06:43 PM)
QUOTE (regilas @ Jan 27 2004, 08:25 AM)

whaaaat when did i say that? unsure.gif

also, ur talking bout coroprations, ur using a computer now, made by who? microsoft and the like...they're all corporate arent they? why is it ok to use it, but not eat it?

Good point, but those big corporations are usually sweatshops.

Although, going back off-topic for the hundredth time: yes, it is stupid to think that eating it ain't ok. wink.gif

Anyhow, I don't eat pig, really. Nope, no bacon; no pork; no ham (except turkey ham); and that leaves this to those meat eaters expense.

But, back on-topic, Mad Cow Disease, yes, well, there are plenty of links. I only posted one. Go to www.google.com if you wanna see more links. Plenty of info. I've only read hardly anything.

And no, Sarah, I wasn't saying, "yeah, you're dead, in your face!", I clearly meant that he won't know it hit him (literally, being that you lose your brain). Anyhow, post your comments. Sorry about my boring repetitive crap.
joemomma86
well, mad cow is just one reason why humans should begin to phase out their WANTS not NEEDS for eating meat. fucking with nature backfires on us in small amounts as some kind of warning and there's always the handful that say "fuck you i'm not scared". and sarah do you know any other primates or even animals that slaughter billions of animals a year? i didn't think so, that's really natural isn't it? guess it's human nature to be greedy and bloodthirsty. and that one guy is right, how can you believe in peace when you support a corporation that gets its profits from massive amounts of suffering and death...and i know there will be the assholes on here that try to justify their meat eating with pathetic excuses just so they can stuff their faces with more death. whatever, fuck you "revolutionaries".
Renegades
QUOTE (joemomma86 @ Jan 27 2004, 02:42 PM)
well, mad cow is just one reason why humans should begin to phase out their WANTS not NEEDS for eating meat. fucking with nature backfires on us in small amounts as some kind of warning and there's always the handful that say "fuck you i'm not scared". and sarah do you know any other primates or even animals that slaughter billions of animals a year? i didn't think so, that's really natural isn't it? guess it's human nature to be greedy and bloodthirsty. and that one guy is right, how can you believe in peace when you support a corporation that gets its profits from massive amounts of suffering and death...and i know there will be the assholes on here that try to justify their meat eating with pathetic excuses just so they can stuff their faces with more death. whatever, fuck you "revolutionaries".

Dude, chill out. Attacking people here isn't going to change anything - so don't turn on your own. Face it, people eat meat. It's nothing new, we've done it since we evolved into what we are. In fact, our ancestors eating meat helped us evolve into what we've become. But this arguement isn't out simply about "eating meat" though, is it? It's about how we're going about creating meat quickly. And that's the problem. People who just don't give a fuck and think that taking shortcuts (that might help save them an extra buck) won't harm anyone.

You're talking about suffering and death? That's where issues with battery hens and stable based cows fed on spinal chords and brains of their own spiecies come in. Lets face it, that's fucked up and the people who do this to their animals have to face the consiquences. Look at it this way, most animals aren't treated this badly. There are plenty of local communities where livestock are still farmed the free-lance ways they should be.
Aussie1975
I totally support joemomma86's train of thought. And I think he/she raises a very relevant and serious point...

do you know any other primates or even animals that slaughter billions of animals a year? i didn't think so, that's really natural isn't it?

As indicated in joemomma86's post, eating meat is a want rather than a need. We do not need to eat meat anymore. I take on board Renegades point about meat eating and evolution, but evolution is obviously an ongoing process. There are more and more people converting to vegetarianism and veganism, so perhaps (and hopefully) we are already beginning a new phase of evolution. My fingers are crossed.
rev79
QUOTE (Aussie1975 @ Jan 27 2004, 06:33 PM)
There are more and more people converting to vegetarianism and veganism,

Yes, and there are more and more people wasting away too..
Renegades
The problem isn't about people wanting to eat meat, it's about the methods the farmers are using to quicken the growth process of the stock. I love eating meat. It tastes nice. It's my right to enjoy eating it. So just like everyone (meateaters, vegies and vegans alike) I'm concerned about how these animals are being treated too.
Aussie1975
Yes, and there are more and more people wasting away too..

Whatever dude. I don't eat meat and I'm not wasting away...never been healthier.

The problem isn't about people wanting to eat meat, it's about the methods the farmers are using to quicken the growth process of the stock. I love eating meat. It tastes nice. It's my right to enjoy eating it. So just like everyone (meateaters, vegies and vegans alike) I'm concerned about how these animals are being treated too.

Yep, understood.
brainlessjon
Sorry but I will still eat meat. yummmmmmmm..beef! clap2.gif

regilas
^ laughing.gif

That's not funny tho, is it? The point of boycotting the beef is like all boycottings, to show that you won't buy the product if it is made under the conditions present.

I eat meat here and there, as I said, I think. Of course, I never liked beef anyway except for that hash stuff, but anyway; who's to say that it's only one case and that more won't come.

I agree with most of what Renegades said, I believe. rusa seems to be like all people, "don't show em that yer wrong."

But, again, I'm blabbering.
rev79
QUOTE (regilas @ Feb 5 2004, 10:14 AM)
rusa seems to be like all people, "don't show em that yer wrong."

Huh??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.