- - -
Zack Has A Fiancee!
Zack de la Rocha Network Forum > Metropolis > .:: ZDLR Symposium ::.
1, 2, 3
Lamalditaprimavera
Hi everyone. I have just registered so therefore I'm new, but I have been reading on here for a long time smile.gif

Anyways this is a neat story about how Zack almost missed the Coachella show while he was with his fiancee and father. I'm surprised that he has a fiancee and that his father was with him. It sounds like good news because he seems to be in a good place now.

http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...NTS17/705120324
duby
Good work. But I'm 100% sure that a similar post already exists under the Coachella 07 section of the ZDLR.net web page.

Yeah, Zack and a fiance. I think it's new to everyone here. Cool! cool.gif
Lamalditaprimavera
QUOTE(duby @ May 13 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]207220[/snapback]
Good work. But I'm 100% sure that a similar post already exists under the Coachella 07 section of the ZDLR.net web page.

Yeah, Zack and a fiance. I think it's new to everyone here. Cool! cool.gif

Opps I didn't happen to see that one. It sounds more sensational as "Zack has a fiancee!" maybe thats why I didn't open that post. Here I thought I had news..... oh well sad.gif
Dorotea
Sweet! Finally he's settling down grin.gif
Pocoyo
QUOTE(Dorotea @ May 14 2007, 09:05 AM) [snapback]207242[/snapback]

How the old dawg do it blink.gif ???
He's got a face like a chewed fuckin' moccasin
thary
Wow, they haven't been together that long. I also think she's quite younger than him, more than ten years younger? Can anyone verify. But I guess that's none of my business.

Glad that everything in his life is working out. Where is his mom though?
Callum
QUOTE(Pocoyo @ May 14 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]207243[/snapback]

I wouldnt say no rolleyes.gif
lari
QUOTE(Pocoyo @ May 14 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]207243[/snapback]

What do you mean how did he do it? There are plenty of girls out there who can only hope to one day find a guy like Zack. He's artistic, open, intelligent, can work a crowd, and isn't afraid to fight for what he believes in. Your "chewed up moccasin " analogy was so sophomoric. I actually think his face is cute and boyish, and if he does have a fiancee, she's a very lucky lady.
Evil Empire
He seems to be happy!!! So Im happy for him.
fishy!
it's good to see him happy. i never knew he was getting married. i hope they have a happy, bright future. thanks for putting this up.
reunion
well i'm glad to hear that he has a personal life. although i was kinda hoping he had a whole family of his own by now. the disappearance of zack for years led me to believe that maybe he was raising a family. in some other article it said he had a girlfriend. i was thrown from this thought when i read "girlfriend" instead of wife. but then again, knowing zack, he would not want to give into the political institution of marriage. i could see him living with a woman for life and never marrying, but having kids. so, i hope he's happy. i hope the absence meant that he found some personal fulfillment and had less time for politics and music. otherwise, i'd be bummed about the lack of a promised solo album.

i'm just glad he met someone. i just hope she's mexican or chicana. it would clash with his public political persona if she's some white young coed. but i doubt that. i can't help but think his girlfriend has been some kind of inspiration for his interest in music from his culture.
kort
QUOTE(reunion @ May 19 2007, 02:54 AM) [snapback]207404[/snapback]
well i'm glad to hear that he has a personal life. although i was kinda hoping he had a whole family of his own by now. the disappearance of zack for years led me to believe that maybe he was raising a family. in some other article it said he had a girlfriend. i was thrown from this thought when i read "girlfriend" instead of wife. but then again, knowing zack, he would not want to give into the political institution of marriage. i could see him living with a woman for life and never marrying, but having kids. so, i hope he's happy. i hope the absence meant that he found some personal fulfillment and had less time for politics and music. otherwise, i'd be bummed about the lack of a promised solo album.

i'm just glad he met someone. i just hope she's mexican or chicana. it would clash with his public political persona if she's some white young coed. but i doubt that. i can't help but think his girlfriend has been some kind of inspiration for his interest in music from his culture.

yes she is
reunion
QUOTE(kort @ May 19 2007, 02:45 AM) [snapback]207406[/snapback]

yes she is

yes she is, chicana or mexican? or yes she is a white young coed? and may i ask how you know?
TheShootingStar
Nice find.. smile.gif
Evil Empire
I saw a picture of her. Shes very pretty I think shes Chicano. Thats an alright word to use? I think she is also involved in the music and has inspired him.
reunion
excellent! good show, zack! can you show us the picture you have?
insurrection
QUOTE(reunion @ May 19 2007, 07:10 PM) [snapback]207421[/snapback]

yes she is

yes she is, chicana or mexican? or yes she is a white young coed? and may i ask how you know?

Someone posted a link to an article with some info about them, I think it was in the other thread on this subject.
kort
QUOTE(insurrection @ May 20 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]207456[/snapback]
QUOTE(reunion @ May 19 2007, 07:10 PM) [snapback]207421[/snapback]

yes she is

Someone posted a link to an article with some info about them, I think it was in the other thread on this subject.

I know because everytime certain people here or on other boards ran into him, it was mentioned that he was with a woman who is Chicana, yes there was another article that was in the other thread that told all about Zack, Son Jarocho and mentions her, I'll repost it ...again
http://www.ocweekly.com/music/music/zack-is-back/26288/

cancerdancer
At a boy.

good find. zacks a busy man...
Riot!grrrl
If he had a fiancee when this came out, don't you think he'd be married by now??
well, i don't know about you, but i haven't seen the ring and believe me, i checked for it.
rolleyes.gif hes gorgeous! so if he really is with someone, she is a lucky girl!
jESS_RAGE
if i found a guy like him i would marry him
shes verrrry lucky
i guess my chances are slim now.lol
ratmandtotti
Here is a site containing a photo with zack and his girlfriend. Her name is Carolina Sarmiento. She's a pretty good looking girl. http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing.aspx?...AL&ym=20062
kort
QUOTE(Riot!grrrl @ Sep 30 2007, 06:45 AM) [snapback]209957[/snapback]
If he had a fiancee when this came out, don't you think he'd be married by now??
well, i don't know about you, but i haven't seen the ring and believe me, i checked for it.
rolleyes.gif hes gorgeous! so if he really is with someone, she is a lucky girl!

Why would he be married now? That article came out after Coachella. Look how long it took for his solo album to be finished wink.gif
Since being even engaged might be a private issue for them, maybe they don't wear rings if they're already married.

btw ...those pictures listed are about 2 years old.
Riot!grrrl
QUOTE(kort @ Oct 1 2007, 05:29 AM) [snapback]209990[/snapback]

Why would he be married now? That article came out after Coachella. Look how long it took for his solo album to be finished wink.gif
Since being even engaged might be a private issue for them, maybe they don't wear rings if they're already married.

Yeah but you would think that they would wear rings? I mean yeah its a personal matter but why go through the trouble of hiding it? you know what i mean? so to me that just doesn't make sense. but oh well. like i said before, if he is with this girl, shes the luckiest girl in the world, and I hope that they are happy together. thats all that really matters smile.gif

...even though i know all of us girls on here would love to be her.. shifty.gif haha
Riot!grrrl
wait a sec.
if that is zach's girlfriend. then i found an column on her and her childhood. she seems like an amazing lady!!!!
BUT, it also talks about her 2 daughters. kids? if its zach's girlfriend....are they his kids? dunno.gif

here is the story on her...read it...let me know if any new info comes out.

the story
kort
QUOTE(Riot!grrrl @ Oct 1 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]210000[/snapback]
wait a sec.
if that is zach's girlfriend. then i found an column on her and her childhood. she seems like an amazing lady!!!!
BUT, it also talks about her 2 daughters. kids? if its zach's girlfriend....are they his kids? dunno.gif

the story

no that is not her or his kids. That is a different woman. She is Carolina, the beginning of the story.
Riot!grrrl
QUOTE(kort @ Oct 1 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]210004[/snapback]
QUOTE(Riot!grrrl @ Oct 1 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]210000[/snapback]
wait a sec.

the story

no that is not her or his kids. That is a different woman. She is Carolina, the beginning of the story.

ah. i see.
well anyways, beside the fact that i think he is perfect, I am happy for him!
and after reading that and some other things on her, she is an amazing woman!!
she does wonderful things and I am happy for the both of them!
clap2.gif
ratmandtotti

Where does it say that those pictures are 2 years old? First of all, on the top of the page it is clearly printed 02/25/2006. Second of all, the movie Duck Season was released in august of 2007 which is less than 2 years ago.
TheShootingStar
QUOTE(ratmandtotti @ Oct 1 2007, 01:04 AM) [snapback]209976[/snapback]
Here is a site containing a photo with zack and his girlfriend. Her name is Carolina Sarmiento. She's a pretty good looking girl. http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing.aspx?...AL&ym=20062

Yeah Zack!! She is a hottie.. wub.gif
kort
QUOTE(ratmandtotti @ Oct 1 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]210008[/snapback]

Where does it say that those pictures are 2 years old? First of all, on the top of the page it is clearly printed 02/25/2006. Second of all, the movie Duck Season was released in august of 2007 which is less than 2 years ago.

My bad, I'm sorry. I had them around March of 06, I thought it was 05. I got it confused w/South Central Farmers pics
Dorotea
I can only imagine the wedding...who would be the best man, Tim? laughing.gif
TheShootingStar
^ laughing.gif
Dorotea
Well, it seems like the most logical move. It would be shitty of him to choose anyone else.
Riot!grrrl
just an update:
I talked to this girl who knows zach. says hes planning his wedding
smile.gif
kort
yes. the next logical step. Thanks for the info.
Dorotea
This is going to be awesome.

Can't wait to see the photos grin.gif
kort
yah.... huh.gif
Max420
poor guy. he has his business everywhere. I'd hate to be him knowing all my 411 was out there like that.
kort
yah. leave his wedding biz alone.
Dorotea
Well, he's famous, and that's sadly what comes with fame.
Raspute 2
QUOTE(ratmandtotti @ Sep 30 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]209976[/snapback]

If there's any basis for the rumors about Zack being a hypocrite, we now know where they came from.
Dorotea
What's that supposed to mean?
WindBelow

Ya..what is that supposed to mean?
cancerdancer
QUOTE(WindBelow @ Oct 10 2007, 12:59 PM) [snapback]210353[/snapback]
Ya..what is that supposed to mean?

WindBelow
huh?
kort
The pictures make him a hypocrite? Cause he's going out on a date with another person who is apparently a pretty big community activist herself? Or I guess he's a hypocrite for going off and getting married and adhering to an institution of the state. Do you even know how many "revolutionary" minded people actually do that? Plenty. The man is happy and apparently wants to be with her, that's HIS business..and well I guess that just wipes away all those other causes he's been involved in and anything else he's done then? (i.e. everyone running around with EZLN or Che on their tshirts not having a CLUE what that stands for, but oh wait the whole other bunch of people who saw that then did their homework).

I could care less. He's not "leading the revolution" people.
Dorotea
Amen, sister.
duby
Chill people. He looks happy. She looks gorgeous.

Whats the big prob if people want to marry n e way. Just wish them both the very best for a long and happy life together =)
cancerdancer
i love how people are arguing about the marriage
kort
actually it's kind of stupid
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.