Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mad Cow Disease, check it out
regilas
post Jan 22 2004, 08:14 AM
Post #1

Writer

Group: Activist
Member No.: 929

I found this link moments ago. Very interesting. For all of you beef eaters, I'd stop.

--------------------
A world this evil should be black, blind, and deaf, and without any feelings at all. Then there won't be any color to be seen, no hatred to be heard, and no pain to be felt.
- Anne Moody.

The simplest man or woman with passion will be more persuasive than the most eloquent without.
- Descartes
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rev79
post Jan 22 2004, 08:37 AM
Post #2

Nun Chuka Kata

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 412

In the U.S., which has only one documented case of Mad Cow to this point, we can't go around fearing beef, in my opinion. Or any other meat for that matter. I've been eating meat my entire life, and it will continue that way. The 'scare' over this latest incident is no different then anything else we can be worried about as humans. Seems silly that they're always coming up with dangerous shit dealing with things that we've been doing for thousands of years.

--------------------
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. Now, I'm going to hang up this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world...where anything is possible.
Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

+Quote Post
Dubbilex
post Jan 22 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #3

Mind your heads.

Member No.: 1,458

It's kind of like Salmonella - despite the fact that it could be in raw eggs, has anyone ever stopped eating cookie dough?

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Jan 22 2004, 01:25 PM
Post #4

I what do! Eat drums!

Member No.: 26

I no longer eat beef clap2.gif

Forget mad cow disease, check out what that stuff does to your colon ermm.gif
Other reasons to stop eating beef (1) it's hard to digest (2) Beef is high in fat (3) Cows are pumped up with growth hormones and antibiotics that effect our health. These chemicals are excreted through their waste. Cow waste has to be stored in ponds that contaminate our wells and drinking water. People have died and become ill as a result of this (4) Beef increases uric acid in the body which causes heart and kidney problems.

This post has been edited by ZDLRfan: Jan 22 2004, 02:17 PM

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
regilas
post Jan 22 2004, 01:25 PM
Post #5

Writer

QUOTE (revolutionusa @ Jan 22 2004, 10:37 AM)
In the U.S., which has only one documented case of Mad Cow to this point, we can't go around fearing beef, in my opinion. Or any other meat for that matter. I've been eating meat my entire life, and it will continue that way. The 'scare' over this latest incident is no different then anything else we can be worried about as humans. Seems silly that they're always coming up with dangerous shit dealing with things that we've been doing for thousands of years.

U-huh

Believe what you wanna believe, rusa.

That's just the beginning. They don't even label whether the cow was treated with the shit they feed em (literally).

And now they feed the babies blood formula instead of milk formula. Washington may be just the beginning, but it's rediculous that they have to use that stuff in the first place. You (again) sound like someone old. "I've been eatin that for 60 years, and there ain't not-in wrong wit it."

I've eaten all kinds of meat. It's good, but think about eating shit off a cow. I don't eat beef, and I hardly eat chicken. Turkey = once a year. I wouldn't call myself a vegetarian, however.

No, we haven't been feeding blood and shit to cows for years.

--------------------
A world this evil should be black, blind, and deaf, and without any feelings at all. Then there won't be any color to be seen, no hatred to be heard, and no pain to be felt.
- Anne Moody.

The simplest man or woman with passion will be more persuasive than the most eloquent without.
- Descartes

+Quote Post
rev79
post Jan 22 2004, 02:02 PM
Post #6

Nun Chuka Kata

QUOTE (regilas @ Jan 22 2004, 04:25 PM)
You (again) sound like someone old. "I've been eatin that for 60 years, and there ain't not-in wrong wit it."

rolleyes.gif And you, again, sound like someone very young afraid of their own shadow because you can't realize when you're being bullshitted!

--------------------
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. Now, I'm going to hang up this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world...where anything is possible.

+Quote Post
Rage Man Leca
post Jan 23 2004, 04:55 PM
Post #7

GRAPEFRUIT MOON

Member No.: 357

^and your being bullshitted by buying into the most corupt/biggest corperation ever wink.gif

--------------------
riot of words

What exactly are the great historical accomplishments of your race that makes you pround to be white? Capitalism? Slavery? Genocide? Sitcoms? Guns? War? Pollution? NAFTA? This is your fucking white-history my friend.
-Propagandhi

NATIONALISM ONLY BRINGS DEATH
NO BORDERS NO NATIONS

+Quote Post
regilas
post Jan 23 2004, 09:22 PM
Post #8

Writer

Young and buying into bullshit, am I?

Well, not that I'm looking forward to it, but when you get Mad Cow and can't post on here anymore, I'll be celebrating. There have been deaths, as read, and much proof has shown that, yes, as researched, that you get holes in your brain. If you really believe that this is all just a conspiracy or some bullshit story to get people goin on things, you're "dead" wrong.

Even milk cows, which we now buy organic, because there is no difference between the feeding of them and beef cows. Both are fed shit as adults and blood with water as babies. But you believe it's all bullshit, and that since you been eatin beef for whatever amount of years, it's ok.

Again, when I'm right, you'll regret it for a moment. Not that I'm saying it'll happen to you, because it doesn't happen to everyone. Just those found with the disease. There is plenty of evidence showing it. I don't see your evidence arguing against it.

--------------------
- Anne Moody.

- Descartes

+Quote Post
rev79
post Jan 23 2004, 09:33 PM
Post #9

Nun Chuka Kata

QUOTE (Rage Man Leca @ Jan 23 2004, 07:55 PM)
^and your being bullshitted by buying into the most corupt/biggest corperation ever

I don't particularly care to get into a discussion with you, ass. Soon as I heard you spitting on the graves of people lost during 9-11, I kind of put you on ignore. I eat meat because it tastes good to me and I get hungry. Plain and simple. Doesn't have a damn thing to do with me 'buying into a corperation'

--------------------

+Quote Post
rev79
post Jan 23 2004, 09:36 PM
Post #10

Nun Chuka Kata

QUOTE (regilas @ Jan 24 2004, 12:22 AM)
Young and buying into bullshit, am I?

Well, not that I'm looking forward to it, but when you get Mad Cow and can't post on here anymore, I'll be celebrating. There have been deaths, as read, and much proof has shown that, yes, as researched, that you get holes in your brain. If you really believe that this is all just a conspiracy or some bullshit story to get people goin on things, you're "dead" wrong.

Even milk cows, which we now buy organic, because there is no difference between the feeding of them and beef cows. Both are fed shit as adults and blood with water as babies. But you believe it's all bullshit, and that since you been eatin beef for whatever amount of years, it's ok.

Again, when I'm right, you'll regret it for a moment. Not that I'm saying it'll happen to you, because it doesn't happen to everyone. Just those found with the disease. There is plenty of evidence showing it. I don't see your evidence arguing against it.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll happen won't it? Hell, we've had a whole one documented case in the U.S. to this point.. unsure.gif That article you posted was pure speculation.
Like I said, go ahead and live in fear. Its the equivalent of not living at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
regilas
post Jan 23 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #11

Writer

Fear ain't the problem. Do you live in fear of the police?

The equivilant of not living at all is death.

That one documented case is proof that Mad Cow is spreading from Europe to here. Canada already got quite a bit of it. It is better to prevent that stuff from comin into the US than to let it happen and then react. That kills more people, or worse, completely destroys people except for their life.

Besides, as the old saying goes, "Better safe than sorry"

Oh, and one more thing:

Rage Man, you spat on those people's graves? Where is this posted? How sick, man. They are dead and you're spittin on them graves. That's like Bush's case:

"Oh please, don't kill me." he said, as a woman in Texas was killed seconds later.''

Don't even do that, man, that ain't right.

--------------------
- Anne Moody.

- Descartes

+Quote Post
Sara
post Jan 23 2004, 09:45 PM
Post #12

Sunny Sunflower

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Rage Man Leca @ Jan 24 2004, 01:55 PM)
^and your being bullshitted by buying into the most corupt/biggest corperation ever wink.gif

why r we buying into corporations when we eat meat...we've been eating meat for like thousands of years now...

i know that the disease is there...but for cows to get the disease, they have to be fed meat...and that as far as im concerned, took place mainly in braitin...so it's not like, everyone does it, if someone gets their meat from farms, organic kind...chances are it is being fed grains, or grass....

Well, not that I'm looking forward to it, but when you get Mad Cow and can't post on here anymore, I'll be celebrating.

it's really nice to know that the person debating u has absolutely no feelings w00t.gif u'll celebrate when someone disagreeing with u on something, dies? wow...ur sweet arent u mellow.gif

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
Sara
post Jan 23 2004, 09:57 PM
Post #13

Sunny Sunflower

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (regilas @ Jan 24 2004, 06:42 PM)
That one documented case is proof that Mad Cow is spreading from Europe to here. Canada already got quite a bit of it. It is better to prevent that stuff from comin into the US than to let it happen and then react. That kills more people, or worse, completely destroys people except for their life.

for the record one case doesnt constitute a trend or a pattern... wink.gif

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
Rage Man Leca
post Jan 25 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #14

GRAPEFRUIT MOON

Member No.: 357

Soon as I heard you spitting on the graves of people lost during 9-11

wtf, all i said was we shouldn't be standing in silence and going to assemblys being told that all iraq's are bad people blah blah.

i said that it was bad that it happened, but people die everyday, so do millions or animals each month.

lets not get off topic

revusa...you eat meat, great good job. i couldn't care less, but if you want "revolution", then why the hell do you support the biggest corperation? all im saying bro, lets not get out of context.

why r we buying into corporations when we eat meat...we've been eating meat for like thousands of years now...

it never ends sarah, i love it embar.gif

but anywho the meat industy is the biggest corperation out there, plain and simple.
its supports death, and its so corrput. i just hate all the peace posers/revoultion people who want change blah blah... then they the go and eat a big steak. somewhere things don't make sense.

shit just read Peter Singer and he'll shut all you up smile.gif

--------------------
riot of words

What exactly are the great historical accomplishments of your race that makes you pround to be white? Capitalism? Slavery? Genocide? Sitcoms? Guns? War? Pollution? NAFTA? This is your fucking white-history my friend.
-Propagandhi

NATIONALISM ONLY BRINGS DEATH
NO BORDERS NO NATIONS

+Quote Post
Turd Ferguson
post Jan 25 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #15

bite me, it's fun

Member No.: 226

QUOTE (Rage Man Leca @ Jan 25 2004, 08:39 PM)
but anywho the meat industy is the biggest corperation out there, plain and simple.

I totally agree. I won't argue with that....
i just hate all the peace posers/revoultion people who want change blah blah... then they the go and eat a big steak. somewhere things don't make sense.

hold up!!! there are different interpretations and methods to peace/revolution! (there's more to progressive causes other than animal rights...different strokes for different folks!) I absolutely loathe this whole absolutist mentality that goes on between fellow leftist comrades! This is exactly what the uber-conservative assholes anticipated of us......to bicker about the "true" devotion of our causes, to expose the fact that even though we think progressively, when it comes to our various issues....we try to kill each other, hence regressing from our collective fundamental ideologies!!! zmat2.gif

--------------------
I'd still hit it!!
user posted image

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th August 2020 - 11:28 PM