IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wild International Lyric, what is the meaning behind...
Zaina
post Jun 2 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #1

Urban Guerrilla

Group: Activist
Member No.: 944

" Both Mohammad and Christ word life will lay your body down...
to a tune so wild international,
In the desert full of bullets let your body rot,
with my chrome, with my verse, with my body rock..."

can someone break it down for a sista?
is Z is for or against Islam...?

--------------------
" Free speech is a lot like money,
some people just have more of it than others..."

" If you shudder with indignation at every injustice,
then you are a comrade of mine'...CHE

" Roti, caprah aur makan!"
Pakistani People's Party Slogan

" Today is a good day to fight - today is a good day to die!"
Crazy Horse Oglala Sioux.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Tearz4Fearz_*
post Jun 2 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Unregistered / Not Logged In

Z is crazy, and he'll get you "sista" (and you're little dog too!)

AHHH HAHSAHAHAHHAHA

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
JessicaLynn4
post Jun 2 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #3

Activist

Member No.: 7,453

I found this little blurb of an interview with Zack... Hopefully this clears things up for you, Zaina

The first ODAAL single is called “Wild International.” That implies a global politics from the get go. How does your work fit into that scenario?

Zack- Before we get into the larger thing, that song is a response to the way we saw the U.S. government try to reframe the conflicts of the world. Particularly when the Soviet Union had collapsed, there was no way to subject the country to the kind of fear needed to justify what I consider to be an ill distribution of wealth. After 9/11 you could see that reframing taking place. The specter of Communism no longer haunted the U.S., justifying its actions in Latin America and all over the world. What filled that void were Al Qaeda and the Muslim world in general. That song is, in an abstract way, addressing the way the right has distracted people from this huge rush of wealth from the bottom to the top.
Beyond that, I’m speaking toward a deeper sentiment that I feel and I know a lot of people feel. Most of the songs have to do with redemptive moments that come in the face of some real indignity. And that’s the current that I’m trying to tap into, because I think that for a lot of people -- for the real participants who live in the shadows and work at car washes and are forced to cross the border and are struggling and facing the real economic consequences -- they’re often left out off the debate because of the language they speak or even the terminology that they use.
So it stems from my own frustration. It stems from seeing how things have been developing politically, and watching so much dissatisfaction and people very upset about the way the country is going. And watching all of that frustration steered back into a more traditional political process. The problems stem far deeper than anything that Brother Obama can address, and eventually people are going to have to respond.
I think maybe like a conduit for that expression. I have those same feelings too. I’m a Mexicano growing up in that colonized Southwest. I’m an artist, but I didn’t grow up wealthy.

This post has been edited by JessicaLynn4: Jun 2 2009, 02:00 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Tearz4Fearz_*
post Jun 2 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #4

..and that's his problem right there, that's why Z and rage never got anywhere, I can jump right in and analyze or psycho-analyze these statements and with deeper insight say that Z's mind is too stuck on his chicano upbrining, its too "black" white" wealthy" "poor" rich " impoverished, and political non political and so on and so forth .. . no, that's not the problems with the world and his lyrics won't address the problems with the world if stuck in political turmoil due to the fact that political strife and groups fighting will always exist, but the problems facing the nation will not be solved by the anti christ (obama) and his minions, nor will it ever be solved by the government in america or any other nation, because obama osama ain't your brother you fool, and the system about to get blown up and you're still trying to exist within these confines .. . my advice?

Free your mind . ..

Your in convoluted political chains and that ain't christ and his eternal reign or God's Kingdom ..

Its just the system and you are defining spiritual and MORAL problems by the system .. .

That ain't hte problem in this nation it is gonna be GODS JUDGEMENT on America for moral decay . .

The problems are with corrupted leaders" so called leaders like obama and blagojevich etc. the problem is within . .

The problem aint gonna be solved with money or weapons it will be solved with Christ and the healing power of the Lord . . .a flaming sword, also known as TRUTH . .

the rest is ancient history

+Quote Post
Zaina
post Jun 3 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #5

Urban Guerrilla

Member No.: 944

Thanx jessicalynn4! at least you are a worth while member of this page!
That other guy can go fuck himself AND his little dog too! mwahahahaha!

--------------------
" Free speech is a lot like money,
some people just have more of it than others..."

" If you shudder with indignation at every injustice,
then you are a comrade of mine'...CHE

" Roti, caprah aur makan!"
Pakistani People's Party Slogan

" Today is a good day to fight - today is a good day to die!"
Crazy Horse Oglala Sioux.

+Quote Post
JessicaLynn4
post Jun 3 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #6

Activist

zyes.gif
I know what you mean! Some people you just have to take with a grain of salt

+Quote Post
Sarielite
post Jun 3 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #7

Internet Cowboy

Member No.: 5,906

Do you have the whole interview? I'd be interested in reading it. I was particularly interested in this passage:

Beyond that, I’m speaking toward a deeper sentiment that I feel and I know a lot of people feel. Most of the songs have to do with redemptive moments that come in the face of some real indignity. And that’s the current that I’m trying to tap into, because I think that for a lot of people -- for the real participants who live in the shadows and work at car washes and are forced to cross the border and are struggling and facing the real economic consequences -- they’re often left out off the debate because of the language they speak or even the terminology that they use.

--------------------
Peace.
Equality.
Integrity.
Simplicity.

+Quote Post
JessicaLynn4
post Jun 3 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #8

Activist

Unfortunately, I only found this blurb, but I too would love to read the rest of the interview. Zack rarely talks, but when he does, it's worth waiting for. He's a Very well spoken man.

+Quote Post
Guest_Tearz4Fearz_*
post Jun 4 2009, 06:23 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Zaina @ Jun 3 2009, 09:41 AM) *
Thanx jessicalynn4! at least you are a worth while member of this page!
That other guy can go fuck himself AND his little dog too! mwahahahaha!

rolleyes.gif

Take a joke why don'tcha . ..

+Quote Post
Guest_Tearz4Fearz_*
post Jun 4 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (JessicaLynn4 @ Jun 3 2009, 10:34 AM) *
zyes.gif
I know what you mean! Some people you just have to take with a grain of salt

Wipe the smirk (smug) expression and TAKE A JOKE and a chillpill already ..

Sheesh!

mad.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Tearz4Fearz_*
post Jun 4 2009, 06:31 AM
Post #11

Stop worshipping this guy like he's your hero and find a real hero, his name is JESUS CHRIST.

Do not play with my quotes, do not change them, I did not write Richard SImons and I am warning you not to mock me or Jesus again-that is a warning, if you do not listen I am not to be responsible for what happens to you. Peace (I'm out)

This post has been edited by Tearz4Fearz: Jun 4 2009, 12:12 PM

+Quote Post
JessicaLynn4
post Jun 4 2009, 06:50 AM
Post #12

Activist

unsure.gif

I grew up in a christian household, so I would say that I already know Jesus Christ. I was forced to go church well before I even knew what they were preaching

This is a ZDLR fansite, why do you take offense when a fan posts something in admiration of the man. I mean, what did you expect?

+Quote Post
Sarielite
post Jun 4 2009, 07:17 AM
Post #13

Internet Cowboy

Member No.: 5,906

It's my understanding that Zack de la Rocha is a Marxist; Marx believed that almost all human behavior could be attributed to particular economic forces that were applied to them. While I don't agree with the conclusions that Marx drew, I think he has some interesting ideas. I like to hear other people's views on one of the most important philosophers in the 19th century.

--------------------
Peace.
Equality.
Integrity.
Simplicity.

+Quote Post
RaTm1211
post Jun 4 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #14

Tonatiuh
Group Icon

Group: ZDLRNet Admin
Member No.: 254

rolleyes.gif I just had to have a little fun with this guy...

--------------------

+Quote Post
DTA
post Jun 4 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #15

delinquent
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 250

pm sent.

on thing i will say is keep you religion out of my politics. they have nothing to do with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2020 - 05:07 AM