Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Racism?, Have you been a victim?
smooth FeEdBak
post Jul 20 2003, 03:03 PM
Post #1

"Welcome to Neotokyo"

Group: Activist
Member No.: 534

I was wondering since we had a topic on the word "nigga" and it got such a stong response, has anybody been the on the recieving end of racism? My friend who is a female and is white , has a brother that just came back home and hes racist as hell he hates me. Skinned head and all, he even thinks the holocaust never happened, he says all those bodies were Germans. I really hate that people are like this in this day of age. mad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ImperialAerosolK...
post Jul 20 2003, 03:11 PM
Post #2

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 483

QUOTE (soulbrother @ Jul 20 2003, 11:03 PM)
My friend who is a female and is white , has a brother that just came back home and hes racist as hell he hates me. Skinned head and all, he even thinks the holocaust never happened, he says all those bodies were Germans. I really hate that people are like this in this day of age. mad.gif

Amen...

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Jul 20 2003, 05:54 PM
Post #3

I what do! Eat drums!

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (soulbrother @ Jul 20 2003, 07:03 PM)
has anybody been the on the recieving end of racism?

Yes I have. Some of the things I have experienced are not things I would want to discuss on an open forum but I think I've seen the worst of it. I was shot at once ermm.gif My parents chose some very interesting places to live. One town we moved to, my mother was the first black nurse in their hospital. I don't know if they were in denial or if they were more concerned about building a life for themselves that they ignored it.

Why does your friends brother hate you? Are you black? Latin? Jewish?

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
smooth FeEdBak
post Jul 20 2003, 06:15 PM
Post #4

"Welcome to Neotokyo"

Im black, and ive got remarks and threats by her brother before. I understand and respect your decision not to want to talk about it here but I would love to talk to you privetly you can IM me if you want.

+Quote Post
Turd Ferguson
post Jul 20 2003, 07:59 PM
Post #5

bite me, it's fun

Member No.: 226

When I was in high school, there was a career fair at the gym, so I skipped class and went to it. Back then I was interested in a career in the Navy, and so I talk with the military recruiter. He gives me an appointment, and he starts bombarding me with Navy propaganda. wacko.gif It turns out that he kept perpetuating that 75% of the Navy are Filipinos, and hence thought I was dumb enough to actually believe that hype. I was the "ideal" high school graduate.....so to speak, just cuz I am a Filipina. ermm.gif

note: the main reason why there are a lot of Filipinos in the Navy is because they want U.S. citizenship, NOT to fight for this ungrateful country (emphasis on the first syllable).

--------------------
I'd still hit it!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
nice_one_bruva
post Jul 20 2003, 08:18 PM
Post #6

Urban Guerrilla

Member No.: 204

I grew up in Penrith, which was (back in the early 90's) the very western suburb of Sydney as you could get. All my friends came from various ethnic groups (mostly aboriginal, African, and Italian) and we were all friends until mid high school when people... i dunno how you put it but my friends basically came to despise one another. i had to choose which group of friends i liked the most and it was horrible.

now i live in melbourne and nothing much has changed, i see people attacking each other because of their race and it sucks because i've seen how it can ruin friendships. i don't dig racism, and i can't understand how people can't respect each other's values.

--------------------
She starts swingin with the boys in the school
with her feet flyin up in the air
Singing hey diddle diddle with a kitty in the middle
I was swingin like I didn't care
So I took a big chance at the high school dance
With a misses who was ready to play
Wasn't me she was foolin cause she knew what she was doin
when she told me how to walk this way...

Run-DMC

+Quote Post
smooth FeEdBak
post Jul 20 2003, 08:41 PM
Post #7

"Welcome to Neotokyo"

I see where you guys are coming from and I also wish it would just end, this is a very emotional subject b/c I feel so sorry for people who just have that much hate in them against someone they dont even know. huh.gif mad.gif (Y| sad.gif cry.gif

+Quote Post
ImperialAerosolK...
post Jul 20 2003, 08:45 PM
Post #8

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 483

QUOTE (soulbrother @ Jul 21 2003, 04:41 AM)
I feel so sorry for people who just have that much hate in them against someone they dont even know.

it seems to me that a few people need an ass-whoopin'....

+Quote Post
angiedavis
post Jul 20 2003, 09:04 PM
Post #9

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 148

I have been the butt of racist remarks from Mexicans. You want to know what is scary I am part Mexican and dealing with this shit is disgusting. Some chicanos take it upon themselves to degrade me in spanish not knowing that I speak spanish fluently. Ignorant and insecure.

--------------------
I don't need to live my life in the shadows of expired sages. Me

It was written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice. Joseph Conrad

There's something very wrong when people try to justify their use of a word this hateful or say they don't care who is offended whent hey use it...but you want to call me hypocrite. Get real! It's hypocrisy to pretend you care about racial relations in this country and then try to justify using a word that carries so much racial hatred.-Moremi

+Quote Post
Renegades
post Jul 20 2003, 11:14 PM
Post #10

Estou perdido...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 20

The low end at my old high school was the Germans making fun of the Jews... that was fucking annoying. It sucks how the minority have to take shit all the time. mad.gif

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
Sara
post Jul 21 2003, 02:18 AM
Post #11

Sunny Sunflower

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

yes i have put up with racism.

i dont feel sorry for racist fucks, in fact, sometimes i feel so bitter i wish i could kill them all. but i wont.

i dont expect anything from anyone, but respect is not much to ask for.

mellow.gif

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Jul 21 2003, 06:59 AM
Post #12

I what do! Eat drums!

QUOTE (soulbrother @ Jul 20 2003, 10:15 PM)
Im black, and ive got remarks and threats by her brother before. I understand and respect your decision not to want to talk about it here but I would love to talk to you privetly you can IM me if you want.

Ok, my AIM and Yahoo identity are the same: zdlrfan

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Jul 21 2003, 07:41 AM
Post #13

I what do! Eat drums!

I understand the anger and bitterness Sarah. Growing up, it seemed like my brother and I had to fight everyday. We were either being harassed by the white kids for being black, or the black kids for being African. One incident that has stayed with me happened in middle school. I was sitting at my desk and the desks in front of me belonged to a white girl and a white boy. The white boy turns around and looks at me with disgust - like he was looking at a piece of shit. He says, "You are sooo black. You're so ugly." The girl laughs and says, "That's not nice." And my teacher who heard everything, just looks at me and does nothing. I have too many memories like that.

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
Turd Ferguson
post Jul 21 2003, 01:58 PM
Post #14

bite me, it's fun

Member No.: 226

I really loathe the stereotype that Southeast Asian women (Filipinas included too) are pliant and great for subjugating. (This also applies to all Asian women.) Or they assume that we're prostitutes or housemaids.

Racism is bad enough from the outside, but within the ethnic group? That's just as bad! cry.gif

--------------------
I'd still hit it!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
rage baby
post Jul 21 2003, 02:50 PM
Post #15

flip this capital eclipse

Member No.: 353

i am a black female and yes unfortunately i have been faced with racism. There are some stores that i walk where people just stare or follow me around thinking i'm going to steal something it sucks concidering that i live in toronto and we're "multicultural." At my school there are these certain group of guys that make fun of asians. (if you guys are aware toronto has been hit with SARS and since the most cases of SARS were from asian countries like china and korea). anyway these certain group of guys wrote on the school wall Stupid Asians Ruining or School. i find these people absolutely disgusting especially at my school because its and artsy and a very diverse school. it is sad that in North America 2003 in an age of "civilization" "acceptance" and "development" there are still racist and prejudice people that continue to rome around in our society.

--------------------
They use the flag to control us
Brainwash us to be their patrotic slaves
Programs our minds by controlling what we learn
The only difference from the nazis is that
Someone tried to stop them
RED WHITE AND BRAINWASHED
The government says they're working for us
Just as long as we increase their pay