> Introducing Zack To Zdlr, Some should do it
V
ratmandtotti
Nov 19 2008, 02:08 PM

ratmandtotti

Activist
8-April 07
Toronto, Ont

Someone should introduce Zack de la Rocha to this forum. Maybe when we start going to One Day As A Lion shows we could talk to him back stage. I know people from the Vietnow forum having been trying to ask Tom to check their forum out. What do you guys think, is it possible? Has anyone tried doing it before?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Al3x
Nov 19 2008, 03:50 PM

TheFoNz

Activist
9-February 07
north hollwood

QUOTE (ratmandtotti @ Nov 19 2008, 02:08 PM) *
Someone should introduce Zack de la Rocha to this forum. Maybe when we start going to One Day As A Lion shows we could talk to him back stage. I know people from the Vietnow forum having been trying to ask Tom to check their forum out. What do you guys think, is it possible? Has anyone tried doing it before?

well I thought I saw on an old topic here that he was awear of this site . But I wasn't Sure if it was ledgite or not...but not a bad idea

--------------------
Its sad when you realize that this world is covered by the darkness of greed.....

+Quote Post
Casbah
Nov 19 2008, 05:20 PM

Trouble Man

Activist
12-April 03
Denver, Colorado

As I understand it, he's aware of this site.

Tom actually replied to a handful of TM.net member's questions.

--------------------
I fucking SAID this would happen!

-Karl Marx

+Quote Post
RaTm1211
Nov 20 2008, 01:11 PM

Tonatiuh

ZDLRNet Admin
5-March 03
LA CA

Yep, Zack knows about this place. My bro talked to him about it at some show. Zack joked around saying that we should take some of those embarrasing pictures down from the gallery.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zaina
Nov 23 2008, 12:27 PM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
13-October 03
Australia / Pakistan

If he knows about this site, then why dosn't he spend a little time with the fans who have been supporting him here since '03'?

Then maybe the "Ask Zack" section would actually have a purpose!

--------------------
" Free speech is a lot like money,
some people just have more of it than others..."

" If you shudder with indignation at every injustice,
then you are a comrade of mine'...CHE

" Roti, caprah aur makan!"
Pakistani People's Party Slogan

" Today is a good day to fight - today is a good day to die!"
Crazy Horse Oglala Sioux.

+Quote Post
Renegades
Feb 15 2009, 02:32 PM

Estou perdido...

Moderators
30-November 02
SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE...

He doesn't owe us anything. We're just fans... seriously, we come and go everyday.

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
Zaina
Jun 5 2009, 06:36 AM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
13-October 03
Australia / Pakistan

This has been bothering me for some time.
I never meant that he "Owe's" us anything. My point is that if other people can spend the time to reply to fan mail, of visit sites and acknowledge the fans, then why can't he?
All i'm saying is it would be kinda nice to read something from the man himself ya know? just a statement here and there. I bet i'm not the only one who feels this way....

--------------------

+Quote Post
JessicaLynn4
Jun 5 2009, 08:22 AM

Activist

Activist
11-May 09
somewhere....

It would be nice to hear from Z personaly. he has a way of disappearing on us. He shows up for a march or two and then its back to his cave. huh.gif

+Quote Post
Zaina
Jun 5 2009, 08:52 AM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
13-October 03
Australia / Pakistan

It shits me because he seems to have so much to say with his lyrics. If he wants to express himself, why not do it here also? directly to the ones who are listening...who have always been listening?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Tearz4Fearz_*
Jun 5 2009, 10:42 AM

Unregistered / Not Logged In

QUOTE (JessicaLynn4 @ Jun 5 2009, 08:22 AM) *
It would be nice to hear from Z personaly. he has a way of disappearing on us. He shows up for a march or two and then its back to his cave. huh.gif

That wouldn't be the batcave, would it?

I would get a kick outta this site if I were Zack, actually I already do, its great entertainment.

Clean up all those swears in your lyrics Z! *if you're listening..*

Seriously . .

+Quote Post
Guest_Tearz4Fearz_*
Jun 5 2009, 10:51 AM

I'd get a kick out of it for sure, but I must say, I digress.

This website is a huge disappointment due to the fact that most fans seem to think "zack is hot" or what not, so many people interested in his personal life (over 12000) hits on the "fiance" thread, but no one seems genuinely concerned (or outraged!) at the real issues, like the ones Fremen Bryan posted, there are some serious serious social and political injustices occuring. People are being injured, people are being murdered, raped, attacked (often mercilessly) by the powers that be. Freedom is slowly and certainly being stripped .. stripped. . and finally taken until there is no freedom. The cellphones are still sounding deftones .. we still wear Columbia jackets instead of swastikas but it is really the same symbolism, and America is still zoning out in front of television instead of living their lives. We are a nation fallen into complacency and we tolerate abortion or mass murder of unborn babies, the KKK promoting Europeanism through the celebrity industry and the indoctrination of our real selves. All that is still true, but who here really cares? Why do not people start standing up to this-try to, it is bad and sometimes we do not realize how bad it really is until those nazis come to take us away, just like the poetry I've read. Why aren't more people outraged, it is bad out there, it is not getting better-its horribe. Take the time to realize that satans got so many people hypnotized by lies . .hey, thats a good lyric . .. anyway,

thats my two cents (take it or leave it)

+Quote Post
JessicaLynn4
Jun 5 2009, 11:56 AM

Activist

Activist
11-May 09
somewhere....

I think at the same time, Zack would be upset at the number of people who are trying to push their religious views onto other people on the board, especially after watching his father's life be consumed by religion and ultimately causing him emotional breakdown.

Before I started listening to Z's music, I could probably be classified as a bigot, and I'm probably the farthest thing from it now, so he would probably be happy for the many people here who's lives his lyrics changed.

I don't think that everyone on this board is just concerned with his personal life. I, for one, was elated to see him out protesting against Arapio when I saw that nutcase interviewed on the Colbert Report.... that's not to say that I didn't read the "Zack has a fiance" thread or that I've never blabbered on about looks, but thats what makes me a fan, and I think Zack would be understanding to that.

+Quote Post
Al3x
Jun 5 2009, 03:37 PM

TheFoNz

Activist
9-February 07
north hollwood

QUOTE (Zaina @ Jun 5 2009, 07:36 AM) *
This has been bothering me for some time.
I never meant that he "Owe's" us anything. My point is that if other people can spend the time to reply to fan mail, of visit sites and acknowledge the fans, then why can't he?
All i'm saying is it would be kinda nice to read something from the man himself ya know? just a statement here and there. I bet i'm not the only one who feels this way....

Agreed!

--------------------
Its sad when you realize that this world is covered by the darkness of greed.....

+Quote Post
Guest_Tearz4Fearz_*
Jun 5 2009, 04:06 PM

QUOTE (JessicaLynn4 @ Jun 5 2009, 11:56 AM) *
I think at the same time, Zack would be upset at the number of people who are trying to push their religious views onto other people on the board, especially after watching his father's life be consumed by religion and ultimately causing him emotional breakdown.

Before I started listening to Z's music, I could probably be classified as a bigot, and I'm probably the farthest thing from it now, so he would probably be happy for the many people here who's lives his lyrics changed.

I don't think that everyone on this board is just concerned with his personal life. I, for one, was elated to see him out protesting against Arapio when I saw that nutcase interviewed on the Colbert Report.... that's not to say that I didn't read the "Zack has a fiance" thread or that I've never blabbered on about looks, but thats what makes me a fan, and I think Zack would be understanding to that.

Woah .. hold up right there.

There are a number of people on this board, and I do not believe anyone is pushing their beliefs on anyone. I am a Christian and state my beliefs and also my opinion about people who do not believe in Christ. I can certainly state my point of view and beliefs without forcing you to agree *or believe* what I believe. However, I will speak with conviction because that is how I see things. Other people here have been editing , deleting, and even changing posts that I post. I do not claim to speak for Z but I am sure an open minded individual *or maybe Jesus himself* would agree that this is wrong, it takes the place of cyber bullying, which is exactly what it is. People haphazardly claiming other people here are "mental cases" and nuts" and "need to be on medication is just plain brutal and this board has no saints on it when it comes to name calling. Personally, I am more offended by people treating other people like garbage, having no thought or consideration for their feelings, and all the name calling than by any post that claims "Z has looks my gosh! He's hot" However, you claim that he would be so understanding to the "he's hot" quotes,how can you be so sure? I suppose you think he would be accepting of the Christian bashing and name calling that goes on, again, are you sure? What makes you so sure? Do you really know? No, of course not, for all you know he's the most zealous Christian on the planet or the most crazy rebel ever or perhaps the most shallow guy that is aware of his charismatic charm and good looks or perhaps all three or none of the above. Point is, you do not know what another person is thinking or what they are like, and its not like he's here speaking his mind and his interviews are cryptic, ambiguous and rather elusive if you ask me, so its a mystery. you can only guess, but what I figure you are most likely doing i taking your own opinions and turning them into what you wish Z would say, because it would suit you.

Also, you say "reading the fiance thread and blabbering about his looks " make you a 'real fan' so to speak, really? Is that what constitutes a "real fan?" What makes you so sure ?

+Quote Post
JessicaLynn4
Jun 5 2009, 08:00 PM

Activist

Activist
11-May 09
somewhere....

Well, Tearz, I can only ask you, how are you so sure that Zack would back you up? Has he personally said, "Tearz, you my favorite member on ZDLR.net??"

I didn't say that's what constitutes a "real" fan, but it does mean I am a fan. Pay closer attention to detail next time.

+Quote Post

3 V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·

: 3rd December 2020 - 11:47 PM