IPB

( | )

2 V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> One Day As A Lion..., What do you think?
V
ARMTH3HOMELESS
Jul 29 2008, 03:30 PM

Nick

Activist
3-July 08
Cleveland, Ohio

Just wondering what you guys thought of the new album...

I personally thought that it was pretty good! clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zapette
Jul 29 2008, 03:48 PM

Junior Activist

Activist
29-July 08

playing the ep nonstop since 21/7

excited since day (twenty)one
the tracks get better with every listen

the lyrics are pure brilliance

ONE DAY AS A LION
the next volume of raw truth

+Quote Post
Casbah
Jul 29 2008, 04:27 PM

Trouble Man

Activist
12-April 03
Denver, Colorado

I think the lyrics are alright.. Whack in some places.. Wild International is a disapointment to me.. I loved the lyrics til the chorus.. And the vocal effect toward the end is lame.. Worst track on this EP..

Jon Theodore is a machine.. Top notch drummer..

The keyboard bass does get repetitive..

For a grade, I give it somewhere in the realm of a B..

--------------------
I fucking SAID this would happen!

-Karl Marx

+Quote Post
duby
Jul 30 2008, 01:07 AM

Guerrilla

Activist
1-February 07
Perth, Australia

As for 'wild international,' it is a fav of mine. I agree and think that vocal effect at the end of the track lowers the production values of that particular track. Its like when u buy a new program or you play in photoshop for the first time. You smash out all the wiz bang filters and effects forgetting what the real aim of you work is supposed to achieve.

Has anyone noticed the major instrumental similarity of the tracks 'wild international' and 'if you fear dying?????'
Like the guitar/bass/synth/sample/whatever riff is like identical. just in a different tone and bpm.

And Im not the biggest fan of that guitar/bass/synth/sample/whatever. Like its not shit. But kinda overused. Real guitar, like with a not soo over processed and filterd sound would have been better. But hey its unique. And Its got zack spittn his hooks. SO im proud and i play it loud!

rock on! this shits dope!

--------------------
DUBY ON MYSPACE > http://www.myspace.com/duby1984

Activist Noam Chomsky argues that “Mumia's case is symbolic of something much broader...The US prison system is simply class and race war...Mumia and other prisoners are the kind of people that get assassinated by what's called 'social cleansing' in US client states like Colombia.”

How Long? Not Long! Cause what you reap, is what what you sow!
WAKE UP!

+Quote Post
ARMTH3HOMELESS
Jul 30 2008, 12:39 PM

Nick

Activist
3-July 08
Cleveland, Ohio

QUOTE (Casbah @ Jul 29 2008, 05:27 PM) *
I think the lyrics are alright.. Whack in some places.. Wild International is a disapointment to me.. I loved the lyrics til the chorus.. And the vocal effect toward the end is lame.. Worst track on this EP..

Jon Theodore is a machine.. Top notch drummer..

The keyboard bass does get repetitive..

For a grade, I give it somewhere in the realm of a B..

Yeah I would give it a B, too and I also think that Wild International is disapointing cuz of the voice effects...

+Quote Post
ARMTH3HOMELESS
Jul 30 2008, 12:41 PM

Nick

Activist
3-July 08
Cleveland, Ohio

QUOTE (duby @ Jul 30 2008, 02:07 AM) *
As for 'wild international,' it is a fav of mine. I agree and think that vocal effect at the end of the track lowers the production values of that particular track. Its like when u buy a new program or you play in photoshop for the first time. You smash out all the wiz bang filters and effects forgetting what the real aim of you work is supposed to achieve.

Has anyone noticed the major instrumental similarity of the tracks 'wild international' and 'if you fear dying?????'
Like the guitar/bass/synth/sample/whatever riff is like identical. just in a different tone and bpm.

And Im not the biggest fan of that guitar/bass/synth/sample/whatever. Like its not shit. But kinda overused. Real guitar, like with a not soo over processed and filterd sound would have been better. But hey its unique. And Its got zack spittn his hooks. SO im proud and i play it loud!

rock on! this shits dope!

I noticed the same thing with 'wild international' and 'if you fear dying'.. I actually thought the same song was starting over again lol

+Quote Post
ssploo7
Aug 20 2008, 04:28 AM

Junior Activist

Activist
20-August 08

hi guys
One day lion was strongest but when it's become more age it's feeling itself weak and for that way man once but his age he become feeble . So i tell everyone that it's not a story but it's real ;ife

Max

New York Drug Treatment

+Quote Post
samflutch
Aug 21 2008, 04:14 AM

Junior Activist

Activist
21-August 08

I have not delivered the promised review of the One Day as a Lion album. My apologies, folks. I've lost a dear friend...my home PC died. I'm scrambling. Unfortunately, I know nothing more than what I've read around music journals and their website. I'm looking forward to hearing the album to provide a full review.
----------------------
Samflutch

Vermont Drug Treatment

+Quote Post
ARMTH3HOMELESS
Aug 24 2008, 07:25 AM

Nick

Activist
3-July 08
Cleveland, Ohio

QUOTE (samflutch @ Aug 21 2008, 05:14 AM) *
I have not delivered the promised review of the One Day as a Lion album. My apologies, folks. I've lost a dear friend...my home PC died. I'm scrambling. Unfortunately, I know nothing more than what I've read around music journals and their website. I'm looking forward to hearing the album to provide a full review.
----------------------
Samflutch

Vermont Drug Treatment

RIP home PC.... cry.gif

+Quote Post
religionkills
Aug 26 2008, 08:36 AM

Junior Activist

Activist
26-August 08

I got the album 3 or 4 days ago.You cannot compare the sound with the music style Zach did in the past.But one you can say for sure the sound and also the lyrics are unique.I like this one very much and I hope one day as a lion will publish more stuff.I'm waiting.

+Quote Post
LaPoderosa
Sep 2 2008, 02:25 PM

ARTivIST

Activist
22-October 03
UMass Dartmouth

i like it for what it is, some loose jams concretized with some big zack lyrics.

i'd actually written up a more critical review but eff it, you can't really review anything you'e been waiting this long for fairly : ]

--------------------
not in my name

+Quote Post
ghost of no shel...
Sep 2 2008, 05:08 PM

Activist

Activist
7-March 07
Concord NH

I thought the EP was definitely good but it left me hungering for more rage, In a way it seemed that the songs were a little forced but it is a nice piece of work. I read that Zack and John plan to continue making albums and this is nice but it would be cool to get the guitar,bass, drums and vocals without the synth in there, not sure i like it much. As far as RATM, I hope they release a new record some point cause as a unit they are a tighter band. Whatever Zack wants to do though is cool and I'll definitely pick up the full album when it hits stores. I give the EP a B but I'm just not feeling it the way i would a new rage record but will see. cool.gif

--------------------
"There's a thin line between entertainment and war"a society where the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor. The media controls with censors and fear so express yourself and be glad your still here. Let the sounds of Rage caress and fill your ears cause better days are ahead, and good times are so near.

+Quote Post
snake
Sep 2 2008, 06:45 PM

Junior Activist

Activist
5-December 07

Anyone else notice Zack's voice is slowly disappearing? Its not as loud and powerful as it was but dude still pulls off an amazing job.

Wild International is an amazing track and my favorite, probably the most powerful lyrics Zack has ever wrote. You really have to listen to it over and over to gather what he's really saying.

The song One Day As A Lion is a cool track too.

Personally i thought this album had more to do with sound than lyrics cause Zack's writing in this is excellent. He's still trying very hard to send out his message cause i think he's given up on doing so with RATM (Which i hope is not the case).

Anyway to hear more of One Day As A Lion and also hope the do a few shows together.

--------------------

"They say that in war, the truth be the first casualty"

+Quote Post
Casbah
Sep 2 2008, 07:40 PM

Trouble Man

Activist
12-April 03
Denver, Colorado

QUOTE (snake @ Sep 3 2008, 03:45 AM) *
Anyone else notice Zack's voice is slowly disappearing? Its not as loud and powerful as it was but dude still pulls off an amazing job.

Zack also smokes.. I was a chain smoker for about 3 years and sometimes just getting out of bed made me long winded.. I dunno what it'd be like having to sing or recite poetry at the firing rate that Zack does..

It happens to the best of us though.. Trent Reznor can't hit the range that he used to either and he doesn't smoke..

--------------------
I fucking SAID this would happen!

-Karl Marx

+Quote Post
LaPoderosa
Sep 3 2008, 01:14 PM

ARTivIST

Activist
22-October 03
UMass Dartmouth

he's also 38. When did that happen lol.