Feb 26 2008, 10:39 AM

Activist

Activist
2-November 06

QUOTE (Lovie @ Feb 26 2008, 07:31 AM) *
QUOTE (gingingrl @ Feb 25 2008, 11:08 PM) *
QUOTE (thary @ Feb 25 2008, 03:17 PM) *
QUOTE (gingingrl @ Jan 14 2008, 07:40 PM) *
what bar? i'm movig to LA in a couple months...hopefully i'll have a Zack sighting!

I hear he frequents the Starbucks in the Los Feliz area.

well..hopefully if i run into him it won't be at a Starfucks....

however I do have a very shameful Frappachino addiction...

Crylol.gif

HA HA HA >> "starfucks" . ..

stupid piece of ### drug dealerz, you should sell that slogan to the mass media and get some publicity .. could be a good spin-off of the mega whores .. .

Well, if it's good enough for Zack...

But in case you feel bold, and you do run into him in a Starbucks, you should yell out, "What the hell are you doing here?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lovie
Feb 26 2008, 11:17 AM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
31-December 07

It's funny to compare the West and East Coast when it comes to the caffeine-machine, because for the longest time I grew up with Disco Era Dunkin Donuts that god-awful orange and pink sign with the sooooo caffeinated coffee that people line up for miles on the drive-thru any given Sunday just to get a fix of that coffee that I am sure is completely LACED with caffeine ( a gimmick to get people hooked to get them to keep sucking it down) raking in the $$$$$$$$ ... anyway, so I get to Los Angeles and the West Coast and its like, Starbucks on every freaking corner .. . Starbucks Starbucks Starbucks and I'm like, what the f*ck STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I avoid it for awhile, clinging to my ill-conceived notion that ALL COFFEE MUST BE DUNKINS OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, this gets old after awhile, and the nice lighting in this little starbucks coffeehouse in Rancho Cucamonga or wherever that is starts to pull me in, and I"m totally mindf*cked by these elite see through glasses of gourmet coffee, like, HEY! Maybe they have something here .. . Soooo .. . anyway, I'm the in process of transferring my East Coast swang for a West Coast thang and about to switch to starbucks totally . .

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .. .. . (on second thought, nahhhh)

Forget coffee altogether, I like tea, Earl Grey anyone?

PeaCE

PS GO TO STARBUCKS TODAY THEY ALL ARE CLOSING AT 5 PM and there is 99 cent lattes to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(to celebrate what I am not sure, but hey, cheap LaTTes =)

+Quote Post
thary
Feb 26 2008, 10:50 PM

Activist

Activist
2-November 06

I'm reminded of a Tom Morello quote when people ask him how he feels about Rage being signed to a major label. He says something along the lines of, "Would Noam Chomsky be mad that his books are sold in Barnes & Noble? No. It's simply where books are sold." The same can be said about Starbucks.

+Quote Post
Lovie
Feb 27 2008, 02:33 AM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
31-December 07

Starbucks is part of the corporate machine used to subdue the masses . .

The same can be said about RAGE ..

Rage uses machines to make music and sells it to the masses . .

starbucks uses machines to make coffee and sell it to the masses,

Both are a drug, one is a chemical drug known as caffeine, the other a mind altering drug called music, made to allude and fill the senses with a false sense of feeling touch taste sight or sound . .that is the way mind altering drugs work .. . both chemicals on the brain in different ways, both affect people's mood and outlook on life .. . release either feel good chemicals like endorphins or a downer disguised as an upper where you feel good only to come crashing down, both are only a temporary fix to an ongoing problem...

Did you ever see the starbucks commercial where they are singing in a band to a man walking to his boring hum drum monotonous 9-5 job trying to make that man feel like he is special?

I have . .

Believe you me starbucks is a drug for the average work-a-holic to subdue his mind into thinking he/she is happy when he/she really hates his job etc.

Rage is the same way, a temporary fix to your typical spoiled teenage son or daughter in the states or abroad who feels as if they have something to share with or rebel against the world for . . most people just use music as a crutch with no real meaning .. doesn't matter if rage ever stood for something or not, that is how most people see it .. music as an escape from a humdrum reality .. and that is the way most people use it too . . "we're young we're angry WE'RE REBELS YEAH!"

+Quote Post
Salva Veritate
Feb 27 2008, 05:16 PM

Rippin Shocks One Track at a Time

Activist
2-December 06

Rage makes music, so they must be a lie.

--------------------
Don't step to the beats of all the false rebels
With your fist in the air, foot to the pedal
Let the world know that you're never gonna settle
Let the world hear our sorrow songs
Freedom rider, keep the fight going on!

COLMES: Should you have been investigated when you said about Bill Clinton, "The only issue is whether to impeach or assassinate"? Should you have been investigated for that?

COULTER: No, that was a serious legal point…

Rage Live show video downloads:
Brielport, Belgium 6/6/93
Coachella 10/10/99
Tibetan Freedom Concert 6/13/99
The Battle of Korea 6/21/00
Rock the Bells in NY 7/28/07

+Quote Post
Lovie
Feb 27 2008, 09:57 PM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
31-December 07

Rage Against the Machine makes money do not delude yourself.

They MADE music, like a few songs every few years. . then repetition .. .

Repetitiously playing the same 11 or 12 songs at concerts the same setlist show after show during tour is nothing more the an elaborate money-making scheme on the part of Sony Record Company or whatever . . .also mass media pushing these bands . .

Do not try to tell me there is anything else to it, plenty of people make music, plenty of people make art, plenty of people make poetry .. not everyone is part of the money-making machine that pushes the product on the public . .

Not every band or artist travels the country or the world raking in millions after selling the same music on the same CD's and playing the same song time after time after time . . .

I would reckon to say REAL ARTISTS would shun the idea, they make music and art because they love it and to express themselves, nothing to do with money ..

Although initially the idea of making music sounds good, when it goes on CD and then is sold by the millions and broadcasted on TV and radio and go on tour it eventually turns into a capitalistic enterprise, that is reality .. just the way it is..deny it all you want, but its true.

+Quote Post
thary
Feb 28 2008, 11:21 AM

Activist

Activist
2-November 06

QUOTE (Lovie @ Feb 27 2008, 02:33 AM) *
Believe you me starbucks is a drug for the average work-a-holic to subdue his mind into thinking he/she is happy when he/she really hates his job etc.

Believe me, I can make any argument for false consciousness too, but you are overthinking coffee. I would say that coffee is a tool of socializing. It could have been anything else, but it just happened to be coffee (I would argue that smoking used to serve the same function)...that part of the reason we drink coffee that comes from a Starbucks is the same as why we like to go to restaurants to eat, to socialize.

+Quote Post
Lovie
Feb 28 2008, 01:24 PM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
31-December 07

People are social creatures ... people like to congregate and be sociable, smoking, drinking alcohol or coffee, going to eat at at a restaurant, teenagers at the mall, hang-outs, skiing in groups, clubs, churches, school, work etc. etc. etc. all ways for people to get together and talk to each other because we are social by nature .. yes I agree . .

However, that being said, caffeine is a drug. I saw in a National Geographic a picture of caffeine in its most potent form after being skimmed off coffee from brazil and it looks like crack cocaine or crystal meth . .. Cafeine is a drug, part of the addiction to Dunkins or Starbucks or Folgers or Maxwell House is that the coffee bean has caffeine which is a drug, same with chocolate and coca-cola or pepsi or anything else, even coffee ice cream ..

In my abnormal psych. book it had a list of all the drugs and it was interesting to note that some drugs that are LEGAL are MORE ADDICTIVE than drugs that are illegal, but those illegal ones are more potent and stronger to the brain function at the time of toxicity or when someone firsts ingests/inhales it ..

Interesting point .. also, anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medication are indeed DRUGS that mess with neurotransmitters in the brain, that is why many students at Harvard take Ritalin or other performance enhancing PRESCRIPTION (Though misused) drugs to enhance school performance. . drug addiction is a problem in all places even Ivy League institutions . .

On the "overthinking coffee" subject, nahh, don't think I am .. although I do tend to psychoanalyze and overthink EVERYTHING but I like to intellectualize . .. whatever, exercise for the mind ..

Anyway .. . I know a lot of people in the working world and they really do suck on coffee as a drug to escape their anxiety and problems about their jobs, in college, right before an intense exam I used to make sure I had coffee or another caffeinated drink to use as a crutch to enhance my performance on a test, I made straight A's doing this . .well, I knew how to study it enhanced my concentration though . .

Well, Starbucks is just another icon of American society, welcome to the club .. . peace!

+Quote Post
Salva Veritate
Feb 29 2008, 09:27 PM

Rippin Shocks One Track at a Time

Activist
2-December 06

QUOTE (Lovie @ Feb 28 2008, 12:57 AM) *
Rage Against the Machine makes money do not delude yourself.

They MADE music, like a few songs every few years. . then repetition .. .

Repetitiously playing the same 11 or 12 songs at concerts the same setlist show after show during tour is nothing more the an elaborate money-making scheme on the part of Sony Record Company or whatever . . .also mass media pushing these bands . .

Do not try to tell me there is anything else to it, plenty of people make music, plenty of people make art, plenty of people make poetry .. not everyone is part of the money-making machine that pushes the product on the public . .

Not every band or artist travels the country or the world raking in millions after selling the same music on the same CD's and playing the same song time after time after time . . .

I would reckon to say REAL ARTISTS would shun the idea, they make music and art because they love it and to express themselves, nothing to do with money ..

Although initially the idea of making music sounds good, when it goes on CD and then is sold by the millions and broadcasted on TV and radio and go on tour it eventually turns into a capitalistic enterprise, that is reality .. just the way it is..deny it all you want, but its true.

The point of Rage is to broadcast the message to the masses, not the product. If they don't reach a wide audience with popular music, how else would they broadcast the message? There are underground bands like Outernational that are just like Rage, but they don't have shit for effect on anyone but a small circle of fans because nobody knows about them or their message.

And like I've said before, during their original run from '92 to 2000, they donated over half their profits from concerts and sales to different charities and organizations.

Are you getting it now?

--------------------
Don't step to the beats of all the false rebels
Let the world know that you're never gonna settle
Let the world hear our sorrow songs
Freedom rider, keep the fight going on!

COLMES: Should you have been investigated when you said about Bill Clinton, "The only issue is whether to impeach or assassinate"? Should you have been investigated for that?

COULTER: No, that was a serious legal point…

Rage Live show video downloads:
Brielport, Belgium 6/6/93
Coachella 10/10/99
Tibetan Freedom Concert 6/13/99
The Battle of Korea 6/21/00
Rock the Bells in NY 7/28/07

+Quote Post
thary
Mar 1 2008, 01:02 AM

Activist

Activist
2-November 06

QUOTE (Lovie @ Feb 28 2008, 01:24 PM) *
People are social creatures ... people like to congregate and be sociable, smoking, drinking alcohol or coffee, going to eat at at a restaurant, teenagers at the mall, hang-outs, skiing in groups, clubs, churches, school, work etc. etc. etc. all ways for people to get together and talk to each other because we are social by nature .. yes I agree . .

However, that being said, caffeine is a drug. I saw in a National Geographic a picture of caffeine in its most potent form after being skimmed off coffee from brazil and it looks like crack cocaine or crystal meth . .. Cafeine is a drug, part of the addiction to Dunkins or Starbucks or Folgers or Maxwell House is that the coffee bean has caffeine which is a drug, same with chocolate and coca-cola or pepsi or anything else, even coffee ice cream ..

In my abnormal psych. book it had a list of all the drugs and it was interesting to note that some drugs that are LEGAL are MORE ADDICTIVE than drugs that are illegal, but those illegal ones are more potent and stronger to the brain function at the time of toxicity or when someone firsts ingests/inhales it ..

Interesting point .. also, anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medication are indeed DRUGS that mess with neurotransmitters in the brain, that is why many students at Harvard take Ritalin or other performance enhancing PRESCRIPTION (Though misused) drugs to enhance school performance. . drug addiction is a problem in all places even Ivy League institutions . .

On the "overthinking coffee" subject, nahh, don't think I am .. although I do tend to psychoanalyze and overthink EVERYTHING but I like to intellectualize . .. whatever, exercise for the mind ..

Anyway .. . I know a lot of people in the working world and they really do suck on coffee as a drug to escape their anxiety and problems about their jobs, in college, right before an intense exam I used to make sure I had coffee or another caffeinated drink to use as a crutch to enhance my performance on a test, I made straight A's doing this . .well, I knew how to study it enhanced my concentration though . .

Well, Starbucks is just another icon of American society, welcome to the club .. . peace!

I was a psychology major. I know what you are talking about, and I never argued that caffeine is not a drug. I just don't think it is numbing the minds of the masses in the radical way you describe.

I used to be a big fan of psychology and then I discovered social psychology and then sociology. Social theory better explains why people still work jobs that they hate more than caffeine does, why we spend more time thinking about what kind of coffee to get over our lack of real choices than the actual effects of caffeine on our physiology. Maybe that's exactly what you're trying to argue, what Starbucks as a company represents (but you can say that about any consumer choices we have), but when you start to mention drug addiction, you're straying from that point. That's why I emphasized the social aspects of coffee.

+Quote Post
Lovie
Mar 1 2008, 04:29 AM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
31-December 07

The point of Rage is to broadcast the message to the masses, not the product. If they don't reach a wide audience with popular music, how else would they broadcast the message? There are underground bands like Outernational that are just like Rage, but they don't have shit for effect on anyone but a small circle of fans because nobody knows about them or their message.

And like I've said before, during their original run from '92 to 2000, they donated over half their profits from concerts and sales to different charities and organizations.

Are you getting it now?

I do not have to "get" anything, I've thought of it from all angles, including this one, and you are, in a word, WRONG . .. no reason to go on a tour right now since those songs came out in 1999 and 1997, the CD's already exist, the music already exists, this is just another band cashing in, it is nothing more than a gigantic CASH COW at this point in time, whatever it started out to be .. . its called reel 'em in, give 'em line, reel 'em in, jerk it a little .. . it is all a conspiracy to make $$money$$ .. .

It's brilliant, really, leave the band for a couple years, make everyone squirm, come back with the SAME MUSIC AND THE SAME OLD MESSAGE from a distant era that everyone already knows about to shove on the masses to MAKE MORE MONEY .. . ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . .. . . HA HA HA HA HA!

..and you're still defending these guys who are raking in your money . .. HA HA HA HA HA

I hope you "get it" someday, masses are easily fooled. . .HA HA HA

rolleyes.gif

Get it? Got it? GOOD!

+Quote Post
Lovie
Mar 1 2008, 04:38 AM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
31-December 07

I was a psychology major. I know what you are talking about, and I never argued that caffeine is not a drug. I just don't think it is numbing the minds of the masses in the radical way you describe.

I used to be a big fan of psychology and then I discovered social psychology and then sociology. Social theory better explains why people still work jobs that they hate more than caffeine does, why we spend more time thinking about what kind of coffee to get over our lack of real choices than the actual effects of caffeine on our physiology. Maybe that's exactly what you're trying to argue, what Starbucks as a company represents (but you can say that about any consumer choices we have), but when you start to mention drug addiction, you're straying from that point. That's why I emphasized the social aspects of coffee.

It IS numbing the masses to an even greater extent than I mentioned .. . no reason for so many Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts on the West and East Coast of this country but Satan has done a GREAT job at strategically placing them EVERYWHERE in order to subdue the masses into hypnotism ..

You don't want to believe it, that is fine, but it is the truth . . .I will not argue this point with you further.

It is mind and body, soul and spirit .. . yes they are all related . .

Part is physical, biological if you will, part is in the mind, mental I mean . . .

That is addiction for you, like in cocaine addiction, that stuff really does go into the mind and block the synapse so the neurotransmitters pile up, thus cloggin the brain of being able to function, caffeine is a drug and works on the brain too...

Yet sociological factors play a role in everyone's lives, some people keep jobs they hate for money reasons or family reasons or lack of insight into themselves to know what they really wished to be , sometimes students are in college because their parents forced them and it is an expectation, again, may different reasons why people do things, many ..

Yeah there are social aspects to everything .. . true enough. . .

I would write more but my arms hurt. . .talk to you later

+Quote Post
Sara
Mar 1 2008, 03:11 PM

Sunny Sunflower

Moderators
30-November 02
Isla del Sol

What the hell does ANY of this have to do with seeing Zack in a bar or a coffee place? How nauseating. You think you're the only one who knows about coffee and drugs and addiction and corporations, and must everything be shaped in religious terms, either Jesus or Satan? And you really think you get it and no one else does? How delusional. Stick to the topic. Just because this forum doesn't officially have a moderator, it doesn't mean people have to be subjected to your crapfest. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
Lovie
Mar 1 2008, 03:39 PM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
31-December 07

QUOTE (Sara @ Mar 1 2008, 03:11 PM) *
What the hell does ANY of this have to do with seeing Zack in a bar or a coffee place? How nauseating. You think you're the only one who knows about coffee and drugs and addiction and corporations, and must everything be shaped in religious terms, either Jesus or Satan? And you really think you get it and no one else does? How delusional. Stick to the topic. Just because this forum doesn't officially have a moderator, it doesn't mean people have to be subjected to your crapfest. rolleyes.gif

Just talking, it was where the conversation turned, not everything has to be in a box . . it is just conversation, if you object to conversations, maybe you shouldn't be on a bulletin board.

If I wish to shape it in religious terms so what . . . if I wish to stay off topic so what . .. if I wish to talk about drugs and corporations and lattes SO WHAT ..

FREEDOM OF SPEECH or is this fascist dictator trying to take that from us as well .. .

Moderator on a RAGE forum . ..

SHeesh

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Sara
Mar 1 2008, 04:05 PM

Sunny Sunflower

Moderators
30-November 02
Isla del Sol

QUOTE (Lovie @ Mar 2 2008, 12:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Sara @ Mar 1 2008, 03:11 PM) *

Just talking, it was where the conversation turned, not everything has to be in a box . . it is just conversation, if you object to conversations, maybe you shouldn't be on a bulletin board.

If I wish to shape it in religious terms so what . . . if I wish to stay off topic so what . .. if I wish to talk about drugs and corporations and lattes SO WHAT ..

FREEDOM OF SPEECH or is this fascist dictator trying to take that from us as well .. .

Moderator on a RAGE forum . ..

SHeesh

rolleyes.gif

If you knew the slightest thing about fascism and dictatorships you wouldn't be trying to bring forth this stupid argument. Moderating forums cannot possibly be compared to fascism. The suffering and torture inflicted on people under fascist rule is nothing like asking someone to stick to the topic on an online forum. Stop trivializing people's suffering, it's absurd.

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post

3 V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·

: 4th December 2020 - 12:46 AM