Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 13 Year Old Father, UGH!
Guest_ragetta_*
post Feb 14 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #1

Unregistered / Not Logged In

blink.gif I was shocked and disgusted when I saw this on the news the other day. And I was curious to how old the mother was, so I searched it....she's 15!!!

Read this article: http://www.nypost.com/seven/02132009/news/...hild_154999.htm

What does everyone else think about this? How does this make you feel?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Renegades
post Feb 14 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #2

Estou perdido...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 20

Haha yeah I read about this just earlier... pretty messed up... That part of the UK is pretty white trash though, can't say it surprises me massively. The mother was older though - 15!!

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
Guest_ragetta_*
post Feb 14 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #3

^Hahaha! Well it's not that I'm shocked about the part of the world this story was from...it's just that HE'S 13! So no matter where it is, that is sick and shocking to hear. But I guess I shouldn't be shocked, with this day in age! I hate to see what the world will be like when MY kids are growing up.

...and yeah, she's 15! That is gross. What are they doing having sex. And the fact that he said they WANTED a child. And on the New York news, the kid said "What is finance?", when asked how their finances are. WOW!

This post has been edited by ragetta: Feb 14 2009, 10:22 AM

+Quote Post
Rain
post Feb 14 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #4

Xanada Bound

Group: Activist
Member No.: 125

I think it's sad.

What does 'white trash' mean?

--------------------
Yin To Your Yang

All of those rocks there, all of them,
Thrown at us for as long as we can remember.
All of our dreams, all of them,
Flattened and crushed, as soon as they start taking shape.
Ah baby, who do they take us for.

Battered and bruised,
constantly,
relentlessly.
Killing? Not their aim.
Keeping us in an unimportant place is what this is about.
Ah baby, who do they think we are.

+Quote Post
Salva Veritate
post Feb 14 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #5

Rippin Shocks One Track at a Time

Member No.: 4,603

I guess people will call the kid Sweet Sweetback for the rest of his life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_ragetta_*
post Feb 14 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Rain @ Feb 14 2009, 10:32 AM) *
I think it's sad.

What does 'white trash' mean?

I agree...it's sad.

BUT, ummm...come again?????? WHAT DOES "WHITE TRASH" MEAN? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Um, well...white trash means what you would think of when thinking about extremely low class white folk. I don't mean low class, as in economic status. Normally people conisidered White trash, have no morals and their values are in the shitter, anything goes. Family structure is gone. Kids end up like this kid. 12, 13...with kids. Stereotypical stuff basically.

I hate stereotypes, but there are quite a few people I would consider white trash. If it's true it's true.

+Quote Post
Rain
post Feb 14 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #7

Xanada Bound

I asked because I don't really know how offensive or how this term is generally used in English-speaking countries. Usually, any term containing 'colour' may or may not offend. Believe it or not, it is around the fourth time I have heard this term, and I am still not sure what it means

This post has been edited by Rain: Feb 14 2009, 11:19 AM

--------------------
Yin To Your Yang

Battered and bruised,
constantly,
relentlessly.
Killing? Not their aim.

+Quote Post
Guest_ragetta_*
post Feb 14 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Rain @ Feb 14 2009, 11:13 AM) *
I asked because I don't really know how offensive or how this term is generally used in English-speaking countries. Usually, any term containing 'colour' may or may not offend. Believe it or not, it is around the fourth time I have heard this term, and I am still not sure what it means

I just told you what it meant. I'm sorry, under your name doesn't say what country you're from. So I guess I just figured..."who doesn't know what this means?". I do know that people in other countries aren't as familiar with American speaking, as Americans are, so I apologize again.

But read my other post again...I explained it...so if you read it, I would think you would NOW KNOW what it means.

+Quote Post
Rain
post Feb 14 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #9

Xanada Bound

No need to apologise.

Yes, I read your definition, and another person I asked also gave me a definition. It doesn't mean I fully understand how it is used yet. Here you used it to describe a 'social group'. The first time I heard it, it was used not to insult someone, but it was definitely used in a negative way about someone who was educated and not poor (but implying they looked like that). Expressions like that are not easy to understand in one go.

This post has been edited by Rain: Feb 14 2009, 11:58 AM

--------------------
Yin To Your Yang

Battered and bruised,
constantly,
relentlessly.
Killing? Not their aim.

+Quote Post
Guest_ragetta_*
post Feb 14 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #10

^I understand what you mean.

Well, it CAN be used in the way that you heard it before. Like to say someone LOOKS like White trash or DRESSES like White trash. That is basically saying, that that person looks like what I described. They can look like they belong in a trailer park, they can dress sleazy, which would cause someone to say you look like White trash. These are all stereotypes. Obviously, just cuz you may be white and poor, doesn't mean you'll dress like that. And it doesn't mean that you are trash! It's just that these are stereotypes.

ALL Black people don't like chicken and watermelon. NOT ALL Black people are unable to swim.

ALL Asians aren't smart in Mathematics.

ALL Jewish people don't have losts of money.

So, there are so many stereotypes. And when someone looks a ceratain way, or does ceratin things....that will trigger someone to say that they are White trash.

+Quote Post
Fremen Bryan
post Feb 15 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #11

"The Sleeper must awaken"

Member No.: 6,365

White trash is in my understanding is a disticntly American phenomena, Europeans who are trashy are commonly known as 'Euro-Trash' :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Renegades
post Feb 15 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #12

Estou perdido...

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Fremen Bryan @ Feb 16 2009, 09:40 AM) *
White trash is in my understanding is a disticntly American phenomena, Europeans who are trashy are commonly known as 'Euro-Trash' :-)

Oh my god, Fremen, that was a normal post...!

Yeah, you're right too. In Europe, they're considered Euro-trash and in Australia we call them bogans. I believe the English use "Chav" as well to describe them. That said, every country has a word they use for their common people, although it varies on what it actually takes to be one.

In Australia, we don't really use the term white trash so often. I know what it means though and I'll use it in the case of online forums.

On the topic again, that 13 year old kid is amazingly developed - considering he looks about eight in all the pictures I've seen of him...

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
Martyr
post Feb 15 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #13

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 471

Lord thundering Christ, screw what the kid thinks; what are his parents doing letting them have the bloody thing? If you're 13, they can "influence" them out of their decision. Simple as that. Ridiculous.

On the white trash bit, meh, meaning sort of differs with whoever says it. Someone might call a rural country-person white trash for their appearance, or they might call someone with a lack of moral/responsible judgement white trash. Always thought it was a north american thing, guess not. You can take the "white" part out and it still means the same thing, it's not very subtle. Back home we called them hosers.

+Quote Post
Guest_ragetta_*
post Feb 15 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Martyr @ Feb 15 2009, 05:34 PM) *
Lord thundering Christ, screw what the kid thinks; what are his parents doing letting them have the bloody thing? If you're 13, they can "influence" them out of their decision. Simple as that. Ridiculous.

I agree. However, the parents probably were against abortion. OR just simply TRASHY parents that really didn't care. I mean, she is 15. But sadly enough many 15 year old girls, even in the U.S, have babies. It's sick. And her 13 year old baby daddy doesn't even know what finances are!! And he said his dad gives him 10 pounds...WWWWWWWOW! He's too grown for his own good. Why in the hell was he having sex to begin with...well, he did say they WANTED a baby, but still. That's just gross. That makes me mentally nauseated.

+Quote Post
Fremen Bryan
post Feb 16 2009, 04:44 PM
Post #15

"The Sleeper must awaken"

Member No.: 6,365

White Trash also does not mean people from Appalacia which is rich with cultural heritage (and music) or poor white people as often times those who are very rich in material riches have the trashiest values of all (morally bankrupt).

For official pictures of White Trash, See:-

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=
Britney+Spears&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

This post has been edited by Fremen Bryan: Feb 16 2009, 06:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th February 2020 - 07:54 PM