IPB

( | )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 9-11 Poll
V
Did you see the event live(televised or not)?
: 27

ImperialAerosolK...
May 14 2005, 09:46 PM

Freedom Advocate

Activist
21-June 03
Vermont

grim poll but I want to see how many people saw the thing happen in real time or on tv live.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ImperialAerosolK...
May 15 2005, 11:31 PM

Freedom Advocate

Activist
21-June 03
Vermont

do we have any New Yorkers in the house that were effected by it?

+Quote Post
RATMfiend
May 15 2005, 11:47 PM

Junior Activist

Activist
7-May 05

My uncle saw it happen cuz he worked in a near by building with his window facing the towers. He said he saw people jumping out of the windows...that has to suck cry.gif

+Quote Post
Georgi
May 20 2005, 11:00 AM

Activist

Activist
23-November 04
Houston, Tx

I didn't see it live, but when I picked up my daughter from daycare that day (she was 3) they had it on the tv and my daughter was glued to it and crying about the people jumping from the windows and stuff. No more day care after that!

--------------------
Until the philosophy which holds one race
Superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war

That until there is no longer first class
And second class citizens of any nation
Until the colour of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes
Me say war

+Quote Post
regilas
May 20 2005, 02:32 PM

Writer

Activist
10-October 03
Minnesota

I had/have no antenna, so we heard about it after somebody called us. Then we were glued to the radio all day.

--------------------
A world this evil should be black, blind, and deaf, and without any feelings at all. Then there won't be any color to be seen, no hatred to be heard, and no pain to be felt.
- Anne Moody.

The simplest man or woman with passion will be more persuasive than the most eloquent without.
- Descartes

+Quote Post
yabasta
Jul 14 2005, 11:17 AM

Crazy

Activist
10-December 03
Land of the Dead

I saw the event on a bank of televisions. I worked in the warehouse of an electrical store and it was quiet so i was on the shop floor. When it happened and afterwards the store seemed to get alot more quiet and the few customers we had were just watching it aswell.

--------------------
"The more sensitive you are, the more likely you are to be brutalised, develop scabs and never evolve. Never allow yourself to feel anything because you always feel too much." - Marlon Brando

+Quote Post
yabasta
Jul 14 2005, 11:18 AM

Crazy

Activist
10-December 03
Land of the Dead

p.s. Bush saw the first plane hit on t.v. according to him even though the first plane hit was not on t.v. at the time.

--------------------
"The more sensitive you are, the more likely you are to be brutalised, develop scabs and never evolve. Never allow yourself to feel anything because you always feel too much." - Marlon Brando

+Quote Post
Grimer 54
Jul 16 2005, 06:11 AM

loveable nemesis

Activist
17-December 03
New York City

p.s. Bush saw the first plane hit on t.v. according to him even though the first plane hit was not on t.v. at the time.

Bush was in a classroom when the first plane hit. I think thats a fact thats pretty well documented... it was in Michael Moore's movie, as well. He could have meant he saw some amateur footage of it after the fact... can I ask for a source?

Yes.

--------------------
This is the FiFTY-FOUR effect: (the loveable nemesis)
QUOTE(Grimer 54)
Society begets government. Anarchist theory is actually just a pseudo-intellectual state of denial, an idealistic illusion that can never be more than a wholly unfulfilled dream. Thus, it is a counter-productive measure that actually weakens, rather than improves the progress of society as government is inevitable in the maintenance of civilization. Therefore, it is infinitely more effective to pursue political upheaval through the system, rather then against the system. For despite all of its flaws, both Democracy and Capitalism are still rooted within the people themselves by rational and realistic means. That is not to say I advocate the status quo, but instead, a moral pursuit to right the endless wrongs brought on by the evils of human nature, via an unintimidated, undaunted, unmitigated spirit of liberty and justice for all, rather then the destructive hypocrisy of your so-called "revolution."

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it".
- attributed to Voltaire

Still a sheltered idealist... but learning:
This is no Oasis.

+Quote Post
yabasta
Jul 16 2005, 06:48 AM

Crazy

Activist
10-December 03
Land of the Dead

QUOTE(Grimer 54 @ Jul 16 2005, 02:11 PM)

Bush was in a classroom when the first plane hit. I think thats a fact thats pretty well documented... it was in Michael Moore's movie, as well. He could have meant he saw some amateur footage of it after the fact... can I ask for a source?

Yes.
[right][snapback]183046[/snapback][/right]

Actually the first plane hit was before he went into the classroom. That Michael Moore reference was to the second plane hitting the south tower.

The source for the Bush comment was the horse`s mouth. The documentary "in plane site" features a clip where Bush not only repsonds to a 9/11 question with a joke but he claims to have watched the first plane on t.v. I would buy you the movie but i am poor as hell right now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yabasta
Jul 16 2005, 08:10 AM

Crazy

Activist
10-December 03
Land of the Dead

I found video of him saying it. This is not the clip i had previously heard as that was an audio broadcast of a child asking him what he thought or something.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/b...firstplane1.ram

--------------------

+Quote Post
yabasta
Jul 16 2005, 08:17 AM

Crazy

Activist
10-December 03
Land of the Dead

I have yet to read this one because it is so long but it deals with the Bush claim aswell as the rest of the event.

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/timelin...restingday.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
Casbah
Jul 16 2005, 12:28 PM

Trouble Man

Activist
12-April 03
Denver, Colorado

I was in my Tech Systems class and the station I was at the first six weeks of the semester required us to watch the news every morning.. We were watching Goodmorning America and they cut into footage of a "plane crash at the WTC" that's what I remember them saying then the second crash happened in real-time.. me and my teacher(a family friend) were just silent... It was almost ghost-like in real time, it looked like a black silhouette of a plane flying into the building..

At first I remember everyone thought it was just a jackass pilot error behind the first crash..

Then my teacher and me were at his desk talking and he recieved an e-mail from someone saying there was a "fire inside the Pentagon"...

Both of us were pretty amazed by it, I have family in New York, and he's from New Jersey so it was somewhat of a "close to home" type thing..

By that time the whole school pretty much stopped functioning and a few teachers were going nuts from what I was told, but I seriously doubt there was anything pertaining to the normal curriculum going on in the building, most classes(all of mine did for the rest of the day) had the news on..

Worst part was all the backlash and jackass remarks made to all the Muslim and Middle-Eastern students in the hallways. That still is the worst memory I have from that day..

One of the more interesting things to me about 9/11 is the seizure of surveillance cameras from the surrounding buildings of each of the attack.. And only one's been released if I'm not mistaken.. It's from like a gas-station outside the Pentagon..

--------------------
I fucking SAID this would happen!

-Karl Marx

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·

: 28th November 2020 - 03:11 AM