IPB

( | )

7 V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rock Vs Rap, Which Do You Prefer?
V
Which kind of music do you prefer in general?
: 80

Renegades
Jun 20 2004, 07:45 AM

Estou perdido...

Moderators
30-November 02
SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE...

I'm kinda curious to see how the mixture of rockers and hip hop heads differs on this site... cool.gif

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
regilas
Jun 20 2004, 08:32 AM

Writer

Activist
10-October 03
Minnesota

^ You picked rap, right? I chose nothing, cuz I like em both as much.

--------------------
A world this evil should be black, blind, and deaf, and without any feelings at all. Then there won't be any color to be seen, no hatred to be heard, and no pain to be felt.
- Anne Moody.

The simplest man or woman with passion will be more persuasive than the most eloquent without.
- Descartes

+Quote Post
rev79
Jun 20 2004, 12:01 PM

Nun Chuka Kata

Moderators
29-April 03
On top of you

Ren, you should've had a third option as the 'rap-rock' hybrid..I voted for rock, even though its about split down the middle these days for me.

--------------------
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. Now, I'm going to hang up this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world...where anything is possible.
Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

+Quote Post
Martyr
Jun 20 2004, 01:43 PM

Freedom Advocate

Moderators
12-June 03
Toronto, ON

Im down with alot more hip hop than I used to be, and as far as what I listen to more, its pretty even, but no contest really. Rock, metal, classic rock...some folk...(anything with a guitar, really) I find alot easier to get into.

+Quote Post
RunninFree
Jun 20 2004, 07:18 PM

Sanity Slips Away...

Activist
29-January 04
Alberta, Canada

to be quit frank...i have a certain hatred for rap unsure.gif

don't hate me

--------------------

I will lay in the gentle hands of your controlling gaze
I will be your servant, through your darkest days
I will make the sacrifice and change just for you
I will dive into the essence of your purest blue

+Quote Post
regilas
Jun 20 2004, 07:28 PM

Writer

Activist
10-October 03
Minnesota

^ I don't hate you .......... yet, anyway

Why do you hate rap?

--------------------
A world this evil should be black, blind, and deaf, and without any feelings at all. Then there won't be any color to be seen, no hatred to be heard, and no pain to be felt.
- Anne Moody.

The simplest man or woman with passion will be more persuasive than the most eloquent without.
- Descartes

+Quote Post
TheShootingStar
Jun 20 2004, 10:52 PM

Freedom Advocate

Activist
2-April 03

Rock and Rap.. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Renegades
Jun 21 2004, 06:24 AM

Estou perdido...

Moderators
30-November 02
SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE...

I personally believe that Zack's solo album with be more hip hop based than rock, judging by the people he's collaborated with over the past few years. "March Of Death" had a rock-n-roll vibe, but essentially - it was still a DJ spinning the beat and not a guitar, bass and drum kit.

I think that a lot of Zack's fans on this site, who mightn't have heard tracks that Zack has released since he left RATM (other than "March Of Death") are expecting a more 'rock' project of some kind. I really don't think that this will happen. I've listened to the artists that Zack's collaborated with, and if he enjoys their music then I can't imagine he'd be going back to his "Inside Out" ways (I mean come on, that was 16 years ago!). Don't get me wrong, I reckon Zack will be angry on his album - but I also reckon he'll have a fair few chilled out tracks too.

I'm curious to see how this poll ends up, cause either way, some people on this site are probably not going to like the solo album. To me it's like the rockers look one way while the hip hoppers look another - but hopefully Zack tears the page down the middle.

blackhair.gif

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
regilas
Jun 21 2004, 09:47 AM

Writer

Activist
10-October 03
Minnesota

^ I seriously believe that it'll be hip-hop based, cuz that's what it is, isn't it? Adding on to it, it's supposed to have a "scary" sound to it. This makes me think of a weirder version of March of Death. Still, rap or rock, I'll like it, cuz I like both. That's why I nulled my vote. wink.gif

--------------------
- Anne Moody.

- Descartes

+Quote Post
RunninFree
Jun 21 2004, 05:36 PM

Sanity Slips Away...

Activist
29-January 04
Alberta, Canada

QUOTE (regilas @ Jun 20 2004, 08:28 PM)
^ I don't hate you .......... yet, anyway

Why do you hate rap?

i dislike almost everything about it...i find the music..well stupid..i don't like d.j's effects and scratching...i like harder music to...stuff that gets me going kinda with awesome guitar solos rap can't really do that for me

hate me yet?

--------------------

+Quote Post
regilas
Jun 21 2004, 06:06 PM

Writer

Activist
10-October 03
Minnesota

^ Yeah

No, I kid.

But rap isn't just plain stupid. The lyrics sometimes are stupid, yes. The arrangement of the music is also sometimes stupid, but that's sometimes the case with rock songs; how many rap songs do you know, anyway? Another question: how old are you?

I'm not trying to argue, just talking.

--------------------
- Anne Moody.

- Descartes

+Quote Post
RunninFree
Jun 21 2004, 07:27 PM

Sanity Slips Away...

Activist
29-January 04
Alberta, Canada

QUOTE (regilas @ Jun 21 2004, 07:06 PM)
^ Yeah

No, I kid.

But rap isn't just plain stupid. The lyrics sometimes are stupid, yes. The arrangement of the music is also sometimes stupid, but that's sometimes the case with rock songs; how many rap songs do you know, anyway? Another question: how old are you?

I'm not trying to argue, just talking.

i know alot of rap songs mainly cuz there overplayed on the radio and alot of my friends and other people at school are into rap

i just don't like it mainly cuz the music and alot of the lyrics are stupid...

i'm one year younger then you.

don't judge me from my age though..i dedicate all my time to music

also not trying to argue

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheShootingStar
Jun 21 2004, 07:58 PM

Freedom Advocate

Activist
2-April 03

QUOTE (regilas @ Jun 21 2004, 05:47 PM)
^ I seriously believe that it'll be hip-hop based, cuz that's what it is, isn't it? Adding on to it, it's supposed to have a "scary" sound to it. This makes me think of a weirder version of March of Death. Still, rap or rock, I'll like it, cuz I like both. That's why I nulled my vote. wink.gif

Well said Regilas, I agree.. smile.gif

Renegades....

I DEFINITELY think the album will be more hip hop based than Rock because Zack said it was going to be a hip hop album right??? Well, I won't totally rule out that there won't be any Rock on the album.. But, I think the album will be more Drum n Bass and Hip Hop mixed together than anything... ya know???

But, either way... I don't care if its more Rock or more Rap, or Hip Hop... I know I will enjoy it for sure.................

IF IT EVER COMES OUT!!!!!!! laughing.gif

+Quote Post
regilas
Jun 22 2004, 08:44 AM

Writer

Activist
10-October 03
Minnesota

QUOTE (RunninFree @ Jun 21 2004, 10:27 PM)
i know alot of rap songs mainly cuz there overplayed on the radio and alot of my friends and other people at school are into rap

i just don't like it mainly cuz the music and alot of the lyrics are stupid...

i'm one year younger then you.

don't judge me from my age though..i dedicate all my time to music

also not trying to argue

I can hardly play rap on the one station I know of, cuz it's low volume and it sorta sucks, anyway. Actually, I first got into rap thru RATM. After listening to it, I was way more open-minded about music than I had ever been. It opened both rap and rock for me, and got me into more than just that, but anyway.

The lyrics do get pretty bad, yeah. But what about Kid Rock? The one song I know of theirs completely sucks. No lyrics, just a bunch of weird sounds he keeps making. I've heard it thru MTV three times, and that's saying alot, considering I don't even have TV.

I'm not judging you by your age. I'd just like to know because I was 15 when I got into music. Before then, I was only into the Smashing Pumpkins. It's most likely that when you're 16, you're gonna be more varied in music than you are now. But then, I don't know you, so I don't really know.

And don't dedicate ALL of your time to music. There's more to do! I suppose not, though, considering you're only 15.

--------------------
- Anne Moody.

- Descartes

+Quote Post
RunninFree
Jun 22 2004, 09:32 AM

Sanity Slips Away...

Activist
29-January 04
Alberta, Canada

i hate kid rock to...and korn is what got me into music when i was 13. and seriously i love dedicating my time to music its something i really really love to do both listen and play.

oh well i'm just not ment to be a rap/hip hop fan

i'm also not a fan of pop, techno and alot of newer punk stuff

what i'm into is rock, hard rock, metal, some punk and i guess the whole "rock/rap" thing.

sorry this is off topic almost completly i just like talking tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·