grooviechickie
post Sep 30 2007, 12:54 AM
Post #1

Junior Activist

Group: Activist
Member No.: 6,184

Hi all,

I'm one angry woman on a mission from Dog. mad.gif

I don't know if you realise that Rage have announced two gigs in Sydney and Melbourne in Australia, set for January 22nd and 30th respectively, 2008. They have only announced one gig in each city, plus they are headlining at The Big Day Out in Sydney on January 26 2008.

There's a a scandal happening, and I would really like to bring this to the attention of someone important who could pass it on to the Rage boys themselves.

This article (http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/fans-rage-against-the-scalpers/2007/09/28/1190486540211.html) gives you an idea of what is happening.

I am the woman, Belinda, in the article. I am furious beyond belief and many, many, many die-hard fans have totally missed out on this opportunity. I have brought my 15 yo son up in the ways of Rage and they are his favourite band. Four of us missed out on buying tickets and now there is an uprising on eBay against ticket scalpers (fight the system!).

I am planning to take this further than just an article in a newspaper. This is going all the way, baby. There is a guy who is also helping me from Melbourne. We have never met but plan to fight this. He put up an eBay auction titled, "Rage Ticket Scalpers Can Go And Get F*ck*ed". He got three pages of people who were all angry at missing out, and railing against the scalpers asking over $10,000 (Australian) for two tickets. They only paid $111.70 for each ticket. Unfortunately, this page was pulled down as some great language was used... laughing.gif

This led to a whole lot of people fighting the scalpers by creating fake eBay usernames and driving the prices up to as much as $10,000,000. When the auction ends, they fail to pay up, forcing the scalper to relist them. smile.gif Here's a link to the ticket costs on eBay tonight: http://tickets-travel.search.ebay.com.au/r...11730QQsbrsrtZd

First stop is the two ticketing companies which control all of Australia's ticket market: Ticketek and Ticketmaster.

Then I'm moving on to eBay to get them to change their policy.

I understand there is going to be a lot of blaming of each other, but if they work together to overhaul the system, it would be good for everyone involved.

I am sure that the Rage boys would be upset to find out what is happening to us, the fans. They stand for social injustice and discrimination!

My son and his friend were planning to get mosh tickets and had saved up all their money ($240 between them). I had just enough to buy two seated tickets for my friend and I ($180). Now, even if I were to pool my money and theirs, I can't even get two tickets for my son and his friend (I would give up my seats for him and her - they are fabulous kids). It's just wrong.

Take the power back!

Cheers,
Belinda

--------------------
I've got to get a girlfriend, just for the summer, until this wears off. She'll be a summery girl. She'll have hair. She'll have summery friends who know how to be outside. She'll play tennis and wear dresses and have bare feet, and in the autumn, I'll ditch her, because she's my summer girl!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
grooviechickie
post Sep 30 2007, 01:01 AM
Post #2

Junior Activist

Oh, and I meant to ask you all if you would like to help in some way. I'm not sure how, yet, but maybe you could think of something.

Stand up against scalpers taking all the fans' tickets and then trying to sell them off for a disgustingly overinflated profit!

Send letters to eBay Australia (www.ebay.com.au) and Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.com.au) and explain how upset you are with their disgraceful behaviour and their unwillingness to change anything because it will cost them money (the poor petals obviously don't make enough).

Cheers,
Belinda

--------------------
I've got to get a girlfriend, just for the summer, until this wears off. She'll be a summery girl. She'll have hair. She'll have summery friends who know how to be outside. She'll play tennis and wear dresses and have bare feet, and in the autumn, I'll ditch her, because she's my summer girl!

+Quote Post
fish
post Sep 30 2007, 02:21 AM
Post #3

Urban Guerrilla

Member No.: 5,939

QUOTE(grooviechickie @ Sep 30 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]209950[/snapback]
Oh, and I meant to ask you all if you would like to help in some way. I'm not sure how, yet, but maybe you could think of something.

Stand up against scalpers taking all the fans' tickets and then trying to sell them off for a disgustingly overinflated profit!

Send letters to eBay Australia (www.ebay.com.au) and Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.com.au) and explain how upset you are with their disgraceful behaviour and their unwillingness to change anything because it will cost them money (the poor petals obviously don't make enough).

Cheers,
Belinda

you think you've got problems!, how about rage touring perth apart from the BDO!

--------------------
There once was a man who fourteen years ago was caught up to the highest heaven!.
Whether in the body or out of the body I don't know, only God knows.

+Quote Post
grooviechickie
post Sep 30 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #4

Junior Activist

QUOTE(fish @ Sep 30 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]209952[/snapback]
you think you've got problems!, how about rage touring perth apart from the BDO!

Hey, you choose to live all the way over there. laugh.gif Haven't you lot seceded yet? tongue.gif

Just kidding - I think it stinks that most other cities in Oz miss out. We're so Sydney-centric.

You'd think the boys would remember to visit Perth. My niece lives there and saw Audioslave last time they were out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Salva Veritate
post Sep 30 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #5

Rippin Shocks One Track at a Time

Member No.: 4,603

I support this movement! I'd contribute to this but it won't verify my credit card for some reason. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Salva Veritate: Sep 30 2007, 01:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
grooviechickie
post Sep 30 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #6

Junior Activist

QUOTE(Salva Veritate @ Oct 1 2007, 07:44 AM) [snapback]209967[/snapback]
I support this movement! I'd contribute to this but it won't verify my credit card for some reason. sad.gif

Ha. I'll have to fix my scamming and scanning programme - it's obviously not working the way it should.

Seriously, I am just an older woman who is very pissed off. I will certainly be talking to as many people as possible about this.

Scalpers buying and selling is just wrong. I understand the legitimate need to sell tickets (hell, I've done it myself - went to see the Peppers and I had mosh tickets, but my daughter decided she didn't want to be in the pit so I sold them at a loss and bought seated tickets), but to make a profit and rip off fans is unethical.

Cheers,
Belinda

--------------------

+Quote Post
duby
post Oct 1 2007, 05:04 AM
Post #7

Guerrilla

Member No.: 5,366

Yo Belinda,

Just like to say it's great to see a fellow fan taking these matters a litlle further. The whole scalping industry is corupt and in this particular case it's raping the opportunity for passionate RAGE fans of seeing their favourite band for the first time playing oz in 10yrs.

I esspecially feel sorry for die hard fans like Rennegades who waited outside in a long line outside a tickettek stall eager to purchases tickets only to be turned away.
I was also denied whilst waiting for ther 9am sales began on the ticketek website.

Keep fighting this. Hopefully those that missed out get an opportunity to catch RAGE at BDO. And lets hope that those tickets scalpers cop a sweet serving of tha boomerrang effect!!!

PEACE

--------------------
DUBY ON MYSPACE > http://www.myspace.com/duby1984

Activist Noam Chomsky argues that “Mumia's case is symbolic of something much broader...The US prison system is simply class and race war...Mumia and other prisoners are the kind of people that get assassinated by what's called 'social cleansing' in US client states like Colombia.”

How Long? Not Long! Cause what you reap, is what what you sow!
WAKE UP!

+Quote Post
duby
post Oct 1 2007, 05:04 AM
Post #8

Guerrilla

Member No.: 5,366

Yo Belinda,

Just like to say it's great to see a fellow fan taking these matters a litlle further. The whole scalping industry is corupt and in this particular case it's raping the opportunity for passionate RAGE fans of seeing their favourite band for the first time playing oz in 10yrs.

I esspecially feel sorry for die hard fans like Rennegades who waited outside in a long line outside a tickettek stall eager to purchases tickets only to be turned away.
I was also denied whilst waiting for ther 9am sales began on the ticketek website.

Keep fighting this. Hopefully those that missed out get an opportunity to catch RAGE at BDO. And lets hope that those tickets scalpers cop a sweet serving of tha boomerrang effect!!!

PEACE

--------------------
DUBY ON MYSPACE > http://www.myspace.com/duby1984

Activist Noam Chomsky argues that “Mumia's case is symbolic of something much broader...The US prison system is simply class and race war...Mumia and other prisoners are the kind of people that get assassinated by what's called 'social cleansing' in US client states like Colombia.”

How Long? Not Long! Cause what you reap, is what what you sow!
WAKE UP!

+Quote Post
grooviechickie
post Oct 1 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #9

Junior Activist

QUOTE(duby @ Oct 1 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]209988[/snapback]

PEACE

Cheers mate.

I plan to keep fighting (see here: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rage-Against-Scalpe...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url] Please help by passing that link around to as many fans as you know.

I have also contacted A Current Affair (bad I know, but slightly better that Today Tonight!).

I have taken it further with eBay and Ticketmaster - I am just waiting for replies.

I don't want to go to the BDO! I'm not interested in standing, all hot, sunburned and crowded, with 16 year olds chomping down disco bickies, I'm afraid. I'm too old for that smile.gif

Let's see how far I can push this.

I wish I could contact Rage themselves and show them what is happening.

This post has been edited by grooviechickie: Oct 5 2007, 01:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
grooviechickie
post Oct 3 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #10

Junior Activist

I finally got through to the spokesman for eBay Australia. Nice enough bloke, and he made some good points.

I'm going to take it up with Ticketmaster tomorrow, and am planning to contact Live Performance Australia and NSW Department of Fair Trading. smile.gif

If you want to become actively involved, so far I have created a list of the disgruntled and miserable and am sending out a group email explaining what I am trying to do in order to keep everyone up to date. If you want to be included, my email address is aroma_goddess@yahoo.com.au

Cheers,
Belinda

This post has been edited by grooviechickie: Oct 3 2007, 11:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Salva Veritate
post Oct 6 2007, 08:19 AM
Post #11

We're cheering you on!

--------------------

+Quote Post
grooviechickie
post Oct 9 2007, 07:12 AM
Post #12

Junior Activist

QUOTE(Salva Veritate @ Oct 7 2007, 02:19 AM) [snapback]210213[/snapback]
We're cheering you on!

Ta.

I've hit a bit of a brick wall, and am now playing the waiting game. Two people have forwarded my email address and phone number on to the promoters. Triple J haven't bothered contacting me at all (pisses me off!).

I have raised a fair few dedicated people and make regular group emails to let them know who I have contacted, what they have said, and what they are going to do to help us.

I have also asked the group to give me suggestions for alternatives to the current ticketing system. I put this idea to you, brought to you by a guy named Chris:

"hi, i had an idea today about ticket sales:

what if ticketmaster had a pre release registration where everybody who wanted to go put down their names for tickets. you could only buy one ticket (since its a list you wouldnt need to get half a dozen tickets for mates).

then when the tickets are released you are emailed a link (or sms'd a phone number to call) to confirm and pay for your ticket. They wouldnt have to print your name on the ticket. just confirm your ID when you pick it up at the venue on the night. (possibly make it ticketless, ie you just rock up. show youre id, they check you off on the computer and you are let in)

this way every ticket goes to a fan. and the most dedicated fans (the ones who would leap onto the site as soon as concert was announced) would get tickets. If you confirm and pay and can then no longer go, you return your ticket, get a refund and your ticket goes to the next person in line.

If ticket sales were like this and you still missed out. then at least you wouldnt have to see the tickets on Ebay and you could always put your name on the list just in case.

obviously if there were any tickets left over they could be sold as normal and possibly scalped but odds are there would be no money in it.

what do you think of that idea?"

Well? Do you think it will work?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Salva Veritate
post Oct 9 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #13

I think 1-4 tickets would work fine, because what about cases like yours? Would your son have to pay separately?

But apart from that, it seems like a great idea. Everyone on this site and other Rage fansites, and everyone who passes through should gather together and pool our resources and bomb them with emails or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Everdream
post Oct 14 2007, 01:01 AM
Post #14

Urban Guerrilla

Member No.: 133

hi belinda,

I fell exactly into the same situation as you and i've read many in the same situation as well and it's appauling and im prepared to make a stance. I have had to stoop as low to BDO and I feel the same as in the atmosphere not being as how i wanted it to be as the private show would be.

I felt cheated and ripped off beyond belief and even started questioning my interest in the band because i felt so depressed by it the situation, even being die hard fan since 93'. Anyways i'll be supporting you a 100%.

talk to you later

Regards,
Mark

--------------------
"free speech is alot like money - some have more then others" - RATM

+Quote Post
cancerdancer
post Oct 15 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #15

And through history's rivers of blood she regenerates

Member No.: 6,180

QUOTE(Everdream @ Oct 14 2007, 01:01 AM) [snapback]210451[/snapback]
hi belinda,

I fell exactly into the same situation as you and i've read many in the same situation as well and it's appauling and im prepared to make a stance. I have had to stoop as low to BDO and I feel the same as in the atmosphere not being as how i wanted it to be as the private show would be.

I felt cheated and ripped off beyond belief and even started questioning my interest in the band because i felt so depressed by it the situation, even being die hard fan since 93'. Anyways i'll be supporting you a 100%.

talk to you later

Regards,
Mark

Die hard fan since 93 damn ur a fan.. and never question your interest of the band NEVER

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd April 2020 - 04:28 PM