Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ann Coulter T-shirts
deskim
post Aug 30 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Junior Activist

Group: Activist
Member No.: 6,079

A friend of mine sent this to me and I thought they were funny. Might be worth dropping $20 on to wear to the next show I go to.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sara
post Aug 31 2007, 06:39 AM
Post #2

Sunny Sunflower

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

How can you hang someone, then try them, then shoot them?! Shooting a dead person right after trying them, which takes place right after hanging them... I don't get it... And I mean no disrespect, but since when is it OK to say things like that, even as a joke...? ermm.gif

I'd also like to add, I very much doubt that Coulter has any influence on American culture. How many people actually like her? The 30% that supports the President? And even if she did, we all know how violence undermines any cause, no matter how noble it may seem. I honestly can think of far better ways to express annoyance with Coulter. But I don't think we should even bother. She is not all that significant. It's like people that make a big deal about Bill O. He's nauseating to watch, but can be fun. I mean... those two are literally pinheads, and I just think it's a waste of civilised discourse to keep bringing them up.

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
Raspute 2
post Aug 31 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Activist

Member No.: 5,925

QUOTE(Sara @ Aug 31 2007, 06:39 AM) [snapback]209429[/snapback]
How can you hang someone, then try them, then shoot them?! Shooting a dead person right after trying them, which takes place right after hanging them... I don't get it... And I mean no disrespect, but since when is it OK to say things like that, even as a joke...? ermm.gif

I always wondered why Zack chose to word his speech like that.
Catchy though.

--------------------
"We who have a voice should speak for the voiceless"
-Oscar Romero

+Quote Post
Bruno2k5
post Aug 31 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #4

Junior Activist

Member No.: 6,053

QUOTE(deskim @ Aug 31 2007, 02:15 AM) [snapback]209418[/snapback]
A friend of mine sent this to me and I thought they were funny. Might be worth dropping $20 on to wear to the next show I go to.

I would pay top dollar for that... where can I buy it?

+Quote Post
deskim
post Aug 31 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #5

Junior Activist

I think it was made on one of those websites where you can customize shirts. I think they cost like $20. If you don't think it is funny then don't get one. The speech wasn't originally all by Zach. Noam Chomsky actually deserves more credit.

+Quote Post
Sara
post Aug 31 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #6

Sunny Sunflower

What did Chomsky say?

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
Raspute 2
post Sep 1 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #7

Activist

QUOTE(Sara @ Aug 31 2007, 10:42 PM) [snapback]209450[/snapback]
What did Chomsky say?

Well in Zack's speech he said "an old friend of ours once said" and then the whole hung/tried/shot/war criminal thing, which was basically derived from Chomsky(the old friend).

--------------------
-Oscar Romero

+Quote Post
duby
post Sep 2 2007, 04:47 AM
Post #8

Guerrilla

Member No.: 5,366

QUOTE(Raspute 2 @ Sep 2 2007, 12:16 AM) [snapback]209454[/snapback]
What did Chomsky say?

Well in Zack's speech he said "an old friend of ours once said" and then the whole hung/tried/shot/war criminal thing, which was basically derived from Chomsky(the old friend).

Maybe with that ordering of those particluar words was a deliberate In making a bold statement. Like to say - We already know they are guilty and that these guilty parties should be Hung without question. Like shott first ask questions later. The same kinda mentality these Right winged parties enforce within their political actions.......

Just a thought.

--------------------
DUBY ON MYSPACE > http://www.myspace.com/duby1984

Activist Noam Chomsky argues that “Mumia's case is symbolic of something much broader...The US prison system is simply class and race war...Mumia and other prisoners are the kind of people that get assassinated by what's called 'social cleansing' in US client states like Colombia.”

How Long? Not Long! Cause what you reap, is what what you sow!
WAKE UP!

+Quote Post
FoskcoRATM7
post Sep 2 2007, 06:43 AM
Post #9

FoSkCoRATM7

Member No.: 5,680

id deffinitley buy one of those shirts

--------------------
Bomb Hills, Not Countries!

(((F)))

+Quote Post
Evil Empire
post Sep 2 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #10

The Witch

Member No.: 3,907

Id rather buy a new Rage Against The Machine shirt. Just a thought.

Does anybody know what the shirts look like at the Festivals they been Playing?

--------------------
I TALK WHAT I FUCKING WANT TO SAY!

http://guerrillaradio.net./

+Quote Post
Bruno2k5
post Sep 2 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #11

Junior Activist

Member No.: 6,053

QUOTE(Evil Empire @ Sep 2 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]209470[/snapback]
Id rather buy a new Rage Against The Machine shirt. Just a thought.

Does anybody know what the shirts look like at the Festivals they been Playing?

Here is one of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=016

+Quote Post
Sara
post Sep 2 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #12

Sunny Sunflower

QUOTE(Raspute 2 @ Sep 2 2007, 04:16 AM) [snapback]209454[/snapback]
What did Chomsky say?

That was about WAR CRIMINALS. About people who commit crimes against humanity. Not about a blonde clueless dumbass who thinks Clinton is gay and Bush is smart. Please. That trivializes Chomsky's remarks by taking them out of context and misquoting them. Really, Coulter is the threat we face today?! A war is going on and no one is held accountable for it, and Coulter is the rotten source of all misery...? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
deskim
post Sep 2 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #13

Junior Activist

QUOTE(Sara @ Sep 2 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]209481[/snapback]
That was about WAR CRIMINALS. About people who commit crimes against humanity. Not about a blonde clueless dumbass who thinks Clinton is gay and Bush is smart. Please. That trivializes Chomsky's remarks by taking them out of context and misquoting them. Really, Coulter is the threat we face today?! A war is going on and no one is held accountable for it, and Coulter is the rotten source of all misery...? unsure.gif

I think that is the irony of the t-shirt. She trivialized his remarks and it is making fun of her The shirts from the festivals have been pretty cool. They have had the BOLA outline with "The Battle of Indio (or "The Bells") on them.

+Quote Post
Raspute 2
post Sep 3 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #14

Activist

QUOTE(Sara @ Sep 2 2007, 06:06 PM) [snapback]209481[/snapback]

Taking them out of context and misquoting them is what she did, so its just poetic irony.

--------------------
-Oscar Romero

+Quote Post
Sara
post Sep 4 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #15

Sunny Sunflower

She misquoted them and she called RATM losers. She was also the same person who brought up the assassination of Clinton as a matter of discussion. But, really, who the fuck is she?! I mean does it matter what she says? She does not have the power to discredit RATM or Chomsky. Or the fans. Also, it seems more effective to have Zack's response to her in his later shows, actually responding to the decontextualizing of his statements, printed on a T-shirt, if people want to display some sort of response. It just seems... it doesn't seem ironic to use this quote against her, it just seems knee-jerk reactionary and it seems it would only further trivialize the original quote. You could not use this quote against every other person who looks at you funny. We're talking about trying war criminals.

At any rate, not much else for me to add. Good luck with the T-shirt stuff. At least, they are American made T-shirts.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th April 2020 - 11:32 AM