> Fox News Attacks Ratm
Sen04
post May 9 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #1

Junior Activist

Group: Activist
Member No.: 4,596

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CjcqLTXlmk
Fox is a buch of lying, manipulative, disrespectful dicks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Metzli
post May 9 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #2

forum gangsta
Group Icon

Group: MOTF
Member No.: 144

lol

--------------------
i wear my stunna glasses at night...

+Quote Post
Raspute
post May 9 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #3

Junior Activist

Group: Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
Member No.: 5,851

Amusing.

--------------------
"The Bush Administration does have moral values. Their moral values are very explicit: shine the boots of the rich and the powerful, kick everybody else in the face, and let your grandchildren pay for it. That simple principle predicts almost everything that's happening."
-Noam Chomsky

+Quote Post
battousai
post May 9 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #4

Junior Activist

Member No.: 4,168

shouldn't the little headline say "fox news bashes rage against the machine" ?
just another reason why i don't watch fox

+Quote Post
Evil Empire
post May 9 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #5

The Witch

Member No.: 3,907

QUOTE(battousai @ May 9 2007, 11:29 PM) [snapback]207071[/snapback]
shouldn't the little headline say "fox news bashes rage against the machine" ?
just another reason why i don't watch fox

Yeah, But you miss all the entertainment . HAHA.

--------------------
I TALK WHAT I FUCKING WANT TO SAY!

http://guerrillaradio.net./

+Quote Post
Renegades
post May 9 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #6

Estou perdido...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 20

Wow. That was horrible. We don't have Fox News here, but I can't believe how right winged that whole piece was! It actually made me angry watching it! For gods sake, what kind of a debate is it if everyone agrees with each other? huh.gif

Totally disgusting example of controlled media. It's no wonder the United States is constantly viewed as an arrogant, dumb nation by the rest of the world with people like Ann Coulter running around.

Seriously, she didn't even do any research on the band!! blink.gif She had absolutely nothing constructive to say because she knew nothing about the topic!! The only thing Fox showed the viewer was an eight second clip, which was only a snippit of Zack's speech.

Fox news cuts off the ending of Zack's speech, which is "…as any war criminal should be". Now, if you ask me, it does sound somewhat hostile to say "they should be hung and tried and shot", however there is obviously more substance to the argument than shown if you add "…as any war criminal should be".

When Fox cut Zack de la Rocha's speech like this, they effectively doctored what he was saying into what appears to be a mindless rant. I actually think the speech is quite powerful when played in full, not doctored.

"The solo guy tries a career for seven years, bombs completely" Ann Coulter says at one point. wacko.gif

I hope the Secret Service does have an investigation. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
RaTm1211
post May 9 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #7

Tonatiuh
Group Icon

Group: ZDLRNet Admin
Member No.: 254

haha she did her research for RATM and Zack by asking a friend at MTV! haha makes me laugh. Goin to Mtv for rage and zack info, o jeeeezzzzz, she should have just gone to zdlr.net for that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Renegades
post May 9 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #8

Estou perdido...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 20

I can honestly say that I think Ann Coulter is a total dickhead. She's a product a wealthy family, what more is there to say? Might I add that she's also a speaker on the anti-Michael Moore flick FahrenHYPE 9/11.

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
aphydro
post May 9 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #9

Activist

Member No.: 198

ahhhh...
dismiss it.

+Quote Post
DTA
post May 10 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #10

delinquent
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 250

QUOTE(Renegades @ May 9 2007, 10:45 PM) [snapback]207076[/snapback]
Wow. That was horrible. We don't have Fox News here, but I can't believe how right winged that whole piece was! It actually made me angry watching it! For gods sake, what kind of a debate is it if everyone agrees with each other? huh.gif

Totally disgusting example of controlled media. It's no wonder the United States is constantly viewed as an arrogant, dumb nation by the rest of the world with people like Ann Coulter running around.

Seriously, she didn't even do any research on the band!! blink.gif She had absolutely nothing constructive to say because she knew nothing about the topic!! The only thing Fox showed the viewer was an eight second clip, which was only a snippit of Zack's speech.

Fox news cuts off the ending of Zack's speech, which is "…as any war criminal should be". Now, if you ask me, it does sound somewhat hostile to say "they should be hung and tried and shot", however there is obviously more substance to the argument than shown if you add "…as any war criminal should be".

When Fox cut Zack de la Rocha's speech like this, they effectively doctored what he was saying into what appears to be a mindless rant. I actually think the speech is quite powerful when played in full, not doctored.

"The solo guy tries a career for seven years, bombs completely" Ann Coulter says at one point. wacko.gif

I hope the Secret Service does have an investigation. rolleyes.gif

i have to agree with ren on this one. i would like to see her debate with tom and zack and have some one film that. and not have it on fox.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dex81
post May 10 2007, 05:45 AM
Post #11

Activist

Member No.: 1,513

Here in Italy we do have fox tv, but it broadcasts only sitcoms, cartoons (eg the simpsons, like in the U.S) only via satellite. No fucking manipulated news.

I've been in the U.S. twice, and when i saw FOX TV i noticed a monstrous amount of advertising for cars, fast food chains and amusement parks like six flags.

Here we have Berlusconi who owns three channels, several newspapers and so on, but the situation isn't as bad as in the U.S...

This post has been edited by Dex81: May 10 2007, 05:46 AM

--------------------

Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?

+Quote Post
chido
post May 10 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #12

Junior Activist

Member No.: 3,024

man that shit is sickening...

zack never even tried a solo career.. he was making an album but he never finished, so I don't see how he could have "bombed completely." who cares what Fox or Coulter have to say

--------------------
i'm heading up the river with a boat and no paddle and i'm handing out beatdowns...

+Quote Post
ghost of no shel...
post May 10 2007, 05:44 PM
Post #13

Activist

Member No.: 5,559

wow! that was the worst press Ive ever seen for rage that blond lady said the band was a bunch of losers and that their fans were losers thats what burned me up the most. who the hell does she think she is, she obviously wouldn't take a minute to listen to rage and form an honest opinion. i hate how when freedom of speech is used by a rock band it gets blown out of proportion. this debate was going nowhere they all sounded like a bunch of kinder gardeners fighting over a dirty word some kid said in class. and obliviously they didn't do their homework, and why is Ted nugent consulted, the whole thing is out of order, if your going to report on a band using harsh words against the president, at least do it in a professional fashion, something FOX hasn't learned to do yet i guess! i do like that the other woman kinda defended the band's freedom of speech though , but i think what Zack said was in the spur of the moment and it just...came out like that. anyway i shrugged it off for the most part, but i hope new york doesn't ban rage from doing the rock the bells shows, and i hope they don't get hassled on stage at these shows by angry bush supporters that would be sad
I think everything will go OK, but im not going to watch fox news anymore that broadcast was the last straw! anyway thats my freedom of speech on this matter! furious.gif

bet this will get them more fans! if they interviewed the band and got their comments that would be cool.

This post has been edited by ghost of no shelter: May 10 2007, 06:43 PM

--------------------
"There's a thin line between entertainment and war"a society where the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor. The media controls with censors and fear so express yourself and be glad your still here. Let the sounds of Rage caress and fill your ears cause better days are ahead, and good times are so near.

+Quote Post
Sen04
post May 11 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #14

Junior Activist

Member No.: 4,596

Ugh.....I started to write all the quotes from this that upseted me, (and comment on them), but there was just SO many quotes....I gave up. But anyway, the 1st time I watched this, I was SO angry at everything tey were saying, and I took a swing at my computer screen when ann coulter said "they're losers, and all they're fans are losers"....my fist didn't actually touch the screen -- I "fake punched" it. But really, what she said was the true "hate speach". its bad enough that she dissed RATM, but she had to bring ME, and all other RATM fans into it.

One thing that these people are missing is that ZACK DIDN'T EVEN MENTION BUSH. so said "this current administration (which doesnt target anyone specifically). yet, they based the whole discussion on threatening to shoot the president.

And here is a part where coulter tries to make Rage seem ignorant:
"They are also very unfarmiliar with DC's gun laws if they think they can shoot the president"
1. Zack/RATM didn't say they "can shoot the president". Where is she getting this from?
2. If they were gonna shoot bush, homocide laws would be a much bigger thing to worry about.

i wanted to write more, but i g2g

+Quote Post
Morrison
post May 11 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #15

Junior Activist

Member No.: 5,622

That Ann Coulter is only a mutherfucker cock eater bitch who earns money thanks to Zack, RATM and all of us... If Zack wouldn't said those words, she wouldn't said hers and she wouldn't be in everybody's mouth...

She better rot in hell whit her nasty and bloody pussy, and let us not to see her ugly face and her snake tongue speaking that shits she says.

I'm not going to make her famous talking about her polemic words... she better get a real job instead of living from others.

See you!

This post has been edited by Morrison: May 11 2007, 06:43 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd April 2020 - 03:43 PM