Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coachella Afterthoughts...
whut
post Apr 30 2007, 10:55 AM
Post #16

Activist

Group: Activist
Member No.: 1,768

absolute madness! mano chao was dope but as people waited and pushed to get closer after their set, all hell broke loose. as soon as rage began it was fuckin chaos. everyone was moshing...even if u didnt want to. the heat and lack of fresh air in the enormous crowd made it feel like u were suffocating. first few tracks were hard to enjoy because it felt like u were fighting for your life up there...but otherwise...DOPE FUCKIN SHOW MAN!!!

cosmic put it right..like they never broke up

--------------------
"well i sat in the back of the radioshack with an axe and a fat sack hat to the back"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tomalegrand
post Apr 30 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #17

Activist

Member No.: 846

QUOTE(whut @ Apr 30 2007, 06:55 PM) [snapback]206423[/snapback]
mano chao was dope

Manu chao is a French singer who sings in Spanish, he sounds like to Zack cause like him he's fighting for freedom, equality and respect throughout the world.

You can't say mano was dope.

--------------------
WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR MUSIC

+Quote Post
THE UPSETTER
post Apr 30 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #18

Revolutionary

Member No.: 30

umm, he's not saying Manu was a dope, but dope as in good(dope=slang for good here in the U.S.)

This post has been edited by THE UPSETTER: Apr 30 2007, 11:56 AM

+Quote Post
tomalegrand
post Apr 30 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #19

Activist

Member No.: 846

Ok I'm sorry but I hadn't understood.

It's difficult for me to understand some of the posts in this forum.

Good night cause it's time to sleep in France, and tomorrow when I'll wake up I want to see the hole show on youtube winknudge.gif winknudge.gif winknudge.gif

Yes it's my dream

This post has been edited by tomalegrand: Apr 30 2007, 12:07 PM

--------------------
WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR MUSIC

+Quote Post
SHFT
post Apr 30 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #20

Fight the war, fuck the norm

Member No.: 4,079

manu chao also sings a song about EZLN wink.gif
Pff I wish I had seen RATM sad.gif

+Quote Post
RunninFree
post Apr 30 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #21

Sanity Slips Away...

Member No.: 1,589

It's great to hear they rocked hard. I'd kill to see a show... world tour ftw.

--------------------

I will lay in the gentle hands of your controlling gaze
I will be your servant, through your darkest days
I will make the sacrifice and change just for you
I will dive into the essence of your purest blue

+Quote Post
Holter
post Apr 30 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #22

BRUTAL HONESTY

Member No.: 1,772

how about an album?

--------------------
IPB ImageHAVING DREAMS IS WHAT MAKES LIFE TOLERABLEIPB Image
IPB Image
"It is easy to be negative, and much harder to find that silver lining behind the clouds of modern society." - Billy Corgan
"everyone there is so damn opinionated yet they won't even listen to whatever anyone else has to say" politics on the left
OMG POWER CHORDS ARE TEH BAD EMO! HAHAHA

+Quote Post
reapiswhatyousow
post Apr 30 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #23

beep boob

Member No.: 1,966

the best concert of my life, completely epic.

i woke up this morning in shock, is this a dream?

--------------------
april 29th makes me want to say, its a beautiful world.
ohh what a beautiful world.

+Quote Post
aphydro
post Apr 30 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #24

Activist

Member No.: 198

Stood through Willie Nelson. Got closer during crowded house. Got crushed during Manu Chau. Made it to the front on Tom's side to make sure i see the Mighty Rage hit the stage. Hell broke loose during Testify and the rest is history. The most unbelievable performance i have ever seen in person..They proved again they are the best live band ever. The crowd was so wild and like many have already said, you had to fight to stay alive and breath near the front. It was crazy. Thanks to all who made it as great as it was!

+Quote Post
TheShootingStar
post Apr 30 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #25

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 352

QUOTE(cosmic @ Apr 30 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]206365[/snapback]
Just got back from Coachella. Whoa...I'm pooped. The performance was as if they never broke up.

I should have some clips up tomorrow.

Your thoughts...

Can't wait!! Can't wait!! clap2.gif How did u manage to sneak a camera in there Cosmo?!? smile.gif I figured they would be pretty strict on that.. How close were u?!?!

+Quote Post
TheShootingStar
post Apr 30 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #26

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 352

QUOTE(RaTm1211 @ Apr 30 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]206406[/snapback]
Man, what a fucking show. I still cant believe they played Renegades of Funk. I just lost it when they played Down Rodeo. Wow...

They played Renegades of Funk?!?! Are u kidding me?!?!? MAN!! Thats sooo hard to believe.. NICE!! I bet they ripped that song to pieces!! winknudge.gif

+Quote Post
seditious beats
post Apr 30 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #27

El Broma ¡BOO!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 42

QUOTE(RaTm1211 @ Apr 30 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]206406[/snapback]
Man, what a fucking show. I still cant believe they played Renegades of Funk. I just lost it when they played Down Rodeo. Wow...

I got in the front during the roots and stayed there for a while. When Crowded House finished up it just went fucking crazy and we still had Mano Chao to perform. It just became too much for me, Icouldnt breathe right so i crowd surfed outta there. Even after I was out I couldnt breathe right. I then found a good spot and got closer going mosh pit to mosh pit.

Exactly what happened to you, happened to me. After Crowded House, it just got really stupid fast. Drunk idiots and other people were pushing and smashing the ones in front of them, and the shorter people were in some serious danger, everyone was. People were freaking out. Maybe it's just me, but I've been to some big events, but that was by far the one with the most disrespectul, with the most stupid wrotten apples I have ever been in. I was up front and was helping a bunch of people get out of there, then when a guy said "Well, I'm no longer enjoying myself" and surfed out, I had to stop and think that this guy was right, nobody around me was having a good time. When I got out of there, I saw almost every person around me had been taken out, too. I went around back, music started, pit started, and again the meatheads had to fuck shit up. Several fights almost broke out. Guys rapping along to the lyrics like they're about to hit someone, and some did... what the fuck? Then some other idiots were trying to start a fire with thousands of people around them on a field of dry grass. Lots of people in the pit gasping for air were sucking all that smoke up, myself included.

One of the things that annoyed me a lot was how people were telling Crowded House to get off stage, and I think someone threw something at them. I saw one Rage fan/activist I see all the time be a real idiot during Crowded House when he got on somebody's shoulders up in the front, and the guys in the band could clearly see him pointing at them and telling them to get off stage. I felt like throwing a rock at that idiot. I may not be a fan of Crowded House, but what the fuck was that all about? That guy in the band was a real good sport about it all.

When Rage first came on, I was super hyped up. After about 5 or 6 songs and looking around me, I don't know, it wasn't in me anymore.

Maybe it's just me again, but the band didn't look like they had been apart for years, but it sounded that way. Tom messed up a lot, and Tim was out of tune on a bunch of songs. I don't think they really practiced all that much before the show, because Tom and Zack played Down Rodeo in Chicago, and before they played it there, Zack's reminding Tom how to play it again.
I found it funny and kind of cool when I caught Tim and Brad looking at Zack to see what he was doing. haha Zack karate kicking the cabs was funny/cool. He ran to one side, didn't make it up and kicked off of it, then ran to the other side and decided that's not the stack he wanted to be on, and I think he went for a dropkick there, too, so he ran back to the other side and climbed on top.

Highlights for me were all the 1st album tracks and Calm Like A Bomb. First few songs they didn't take much time between songs, I noticed.

Other highlights for: Roots were fun. ?ueslove is very good and "Tuba Gooding Jr." has lung power. Playing Machine Gun with a fucking Tuba? Yes, that was super cool. Willy Nelson was another really cool set, but it felt really short. I was like WHOAAAAAAA@! when his son played Texas Flood. Johnny Knoxville was wigging out on the side of the stage to Willy's entire stage. I liked the War of the World theme, too.

--------------------
deep s.p . a . . c . . . e

+Quote Post
RaTm1211
post Apr 30 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #28

Tonatiuh
Group Icon

Group: ZDLRNet Admin
Member No.: 254

^ I coudlnt agree more about Crowded house. People were being fucking dicks throwing water bottles on stage (I saw at least three one of which missed his head and landed on the ground and soaked his amp). Too many drunk fucks around just messing things up. Seems like alot of the people there werent exactly rage fans, just people that heard of them through tony hawk and Grand Theft Auto. I still had a good time but it wasnt the best it could have been.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MooMoo
post Apr 30 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #29

Junior Activist

Member No.: 3,582

QUOTE(tomalegrand @ Apr 30 2007, 07:51 AM) [snapback]206372[/snapback]
Always nothing on Youtube

ranting_w.gif

Theres like 4 or 5 but they're so shitty it might just kill your enthusiasm to see them play. I just want to see the beginning, what song did they start with? Bulls? If it was anything like their last concert at the Grand Olympic Auditorium. Because that was the shit, Bulls and then revealing the red star.

+Quote Post
seditious beats
post Apr 30 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #30

El Broma ¡BOO!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 42

QUOTE(MooMoo @ Apr 30 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]206450[/snapback]
QUOTE(tomalegrand @ Apr 30 2007, 07:51 AM) [snapback]206372[/snapback]
Always nothing on Youtube

ranting_w.gif

Theres like 4 or 5 but they're so shitty it might just kill your enthusiasm to see them play. I just want to see the beginning, what song did they start with? Bulls? If it was anything like their last concert at the Grand Olympic Auditorium. Because that was the shit, Bulls and then revealing the red star.

They opened with Testify followed by Bulls on Parade, then they covered some Rage songs and Willy Nelson was spotted backstage riding one of Tim's bikes popping wheelies and jumping off curbs, it was unbuhleebubble
I fell asleep knowing the set list in order by heart, but it slipped me now.

--------------------
deep s.p . a . . c . . . e

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th April 2020 - 10:42 AM