IPB

( | )

3 V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Isn't A Threat To The Government?
V
EZLN libertad
Apr 27 2005, 07:31 AM

master's apprentice

Activist
4-August 04
Milwaukee, WI

and i was talking in general, not just about the US

in the US i agree that a major threat the gov faces is intelligent people....or an intelligent president wink.gif

--------------------
Entertain the thought that we are still alive
Entertain the notion of impending doom
Entertain our worst suspicions and our fears
Just pull us in and take us down
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fred
Apr 28 2005, 05:35 AM

Freedom Advocate

Activist
19-December 02
uk dorset

however most pepole in the usa agree with the goverment. sick as that makes me feel its true

fred

+Quote Post
Casbah
Apr 28 2005, 07:13 PM

Trouble Man

Activist
12-April 03
Denver, Colorado

but there are a lot of exceptions, especially in Africa and the Middle East, but look at Ukraine, they knew the government needed a tweak, so they spoke out, and enough of them got together to change it, so it was changed

Into a pro-western government.

unlike ragists, us, who have thousands all over the US, protesting, speaking out

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
I fucking SAID this would happen!

-Karl Marx

+Quote Post
insurrection
Apr 30 2005, 07:14 PM

Very busy w. school >_<

Activist
18-April 04
Toronto, ON

QUOTE(Fred @ Apr 28 2005, 09:35 AM)
however most pepole in the usa agree with the goverment. sick as that makes me feel its true

fred
[right][snapback]170397[/snapback][/right]

49 percent of them don't.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bllrghtz
Apr 30 2005, 08:33 PM

Corporate media...The more you watch, the less you know

Activist
10-March 05
Lost Iceni

and 100% of 'em have to be pretty damn dedicated to the search if they want to find objective, factual information to base their opinions/positions on......

When a population is generally unaware that much of what they are told on television & in mass market media is very misleading or outright false, it is difficult to judge exactly what their true positions might be if accurately informed.........

--------------------
Imagine a world....

WATCH THIS: PART 1 , PART 2 , PART 3 [right click - 'save target as' ]

+Quote Post
Satyagraha
Apr 30 2005, 08:53 PM

Junior Activist

Activist
22-April 05
Ballwin, MO

I love how the only government being questioned in this post is the United States ...

Almost all governmental establishments work out of fear, or use fear to gain support. Whether or not this fear is justified or not, that's for you to decide.

--------------------
Today young men on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.

+Quote Post
Fred
May 1 2005, 12:59 AM

Freedom Advocate

Activist
19-December 02
uk dorset

i think the left is leading it self down the garden parth if it thinks all it has to do is inform pepole and they will suddlenly change from repulicans to soclists.

First i think we have to come to our sences and exset that most pepole at the monet are in the right wing camp.

then instead of complainng we go froward and prosent new idears on a much wider broadcast an we have to get away from a class imige which has ruined trade uniusm. we have to present our selfs as the only ones displined enough and mutirey enough to change the country for the better. screaming about the "fasits goverment" only terms pepole off and gives the imgige we are looney lefties. A few well placed clever questions would go futher then all the shouting in the world. And every dusbin thowen thugh a mcdonalds window on a protest march only turns more and more pepole of voting soclist i mean we hardly look like a respocible goverment that pepole want to give the pensions to and leave in charge of a army with nuclear wepons.

maturty and displin will win the day.

fred

+Quote Post
insurrection
May 2 2005, 12:47 PM

Very busy w. school >_<

Activist
18-April 04
Toronto, ON

QUOTE(Fred @ May 1 2005, 04:59 AM)
i think the left is leading it self down the garden parth if it thinks all it has to do is inform pepole and they will suddlenly change from repulicans to soclists.

First i think we have to come to our sences and exset that most pepole at the monet are in the right wing camp.

fred
[right][snapback]170988[/snapback][/right]

I don't think that that is true...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Satyagraha
May 2 2005, 04:04 PM

Junior Activist

Activist
22-April 05
Ballwin, MO

Actually, I believe with ins ... as it seems each new generation has broken traditional right wing values in it's own way, your average Joe is now becoming leftist.

--------------------
Today young men on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.

+Quote Post
Grimer 54
May 3 2005, 09:34 AM

loveable nemesis

Activist
17-December 03
New York City

THere have been studies, that college students were becoming more conservative.

In the end though, I believe the majority will always reside in the center, and that militant radicalism is a threat to democracy.

--------------------
This is the FiFTY-FOUR effect: (the loveable nemesis)
QUOTE(Grimer 54)
Society begets government. Anarchist theory is actually just a pseudo-intellectual state of denial, an idealistic illusion that can never be more than a wholly unfulfilled dream. Thus, it is a counter-productive measure that actually weakens, rather than improves the progress of society as government is inevitable in the maintenance of civilization. Therefore, it is infinitely more effective to pursue political upheaval through the system, rather then against the system. For despite all of its flaws, both Democracy and Capitalism are still rooted within the people themselves by rational and realistic means. That is not to say I advocate the status quo, but instead, a moral pursuit to right the endless wrongs brought on by the evils of human nature, via an unintimidated, undaunted, unmitigated spirit of liberty and justice for all, rather then the destructive hypocrisy of your so-called "revolution."

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it".
- attributed to Voltaire

Still a sheltered idealist... but learning:
This is no Oasis.

+Quote Post
Lostphoenix
May 3 2005, 09:46 AM

soul rebel

Activist
31-December 04

so militant democracy like USA is not a threat to the peace of the world..

god you are such perfect citizen grimer.

--------------------
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

+Quote Post
Bllrghtz
May 3 2005, 09:50 AM

Activist
10-March 05
Lost Iceni

I would be curious as to who conducted those studies grimer - not a 'let's see the data' kind of challenge.......I just mean that one can't give any credence to any study/poll etc unless one first knows whose paying for it to be done/taken, and one can review in detail it's methodology etc......

--------------------
Imagine a world....

+Quote Post
Grimer 54
May 3 2005, 10:49 AM

loveable nemesis

Activist
17-December 03
New York City

I'll look for it, I saw it in this magazine I read, awhile back.

If you can, check out this magazine called 'The Week' it takes the issues of the week, and contrasts the different media sources' views on them.

The article spoke about how ultra-liberal profs were pushing students towards conservatism. It also spoke about "South-Park Conservatives" which I googled and found this article on.

--------------------
QUOTE(Grimer 54)
Society begets government. Anarchist theory is actually just a pseudo-intellectual state of denial, an idealistic illusion that can never be more than a wholly unfulfilled dream. Thus, it is a counter-productive measure that actually weakens, rather than improves the progress of society as government is inevitable in the maintenance of civilization. Therefore, it is infinitely more effective to pursue political upheaval through the system, rather then against the system. For despite all of its flaws, both Democracy and Capitalism are still rooted within the people themselves by rational and realistic means. That is not to say I advocate the status quo, but instead, a moral pursuit to right the endless wrongs brought on by the evils of human nature, via an unintimidated, undaunted, unmitigated spirit of liberty and justice for all, rather then the destructive hypocrisy of your so-called "revolution."

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it".
- attributed to Voltaire

This is no Oasis.

+Quote Post
Grimer 54
May 3 2005, 10:52 AM

loveable nemesis

Activist
17-December 03
New York City

so militant democracy like USA is not a threat to the peace of the world..

What, who, the bazooka was who?

I just said, that the general will will never be overly radical (in a stable region, at least.) And I believe that to be true...

I never said anything about the US not being a threat to peace... I didnt even touch that topic.

--------------------
QUOTE(Grimer 54)

- attributed to Voltaire

This is no Oasis.

+Quote Post
Bllrghtz
May 3 2005, 11:22 AM

Activist
10-March 05
Lost Iceni

"If you can, check out this magazine called 'The Week' it takes the issues of the week, and contrasts the different media sources' views on them" - Interesting...but corporate. Not an independent voice. Note the alliance with abcnews etc......Plus, generally speaking, I don't go much for ultra-short blurb-style articles......but interesting...thx for mentioning it. Always interesting to check out different sources of info......

As for 'tech central station' ....lol.....wow - now that's right wing...... wacko.gif
The 'liberal professor' thing is just another link in a chain of misinformation being pushed by powerful neocons like lynne cheney / david horowitz and others....... pure crap......

--------------------
Imagine a world....

+Quote Post

3 V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·

: 28th November 2020 - 03:39 AM