> Using The Word "gay"
V
cosmic
May 9 2003, 09:30 AM

Magneto, alpha(E/H)^2

ZDLRNet Admin
29-November 02
L.A., CA

Theres been a few posts on this board with people using the word "gay" or "faggot". Some say its "just a term" used with out any prejudices, while others get offended no matter what. My opinion is that using those are a "loaded gun". Meaning, they already have derogatory meaning around them when people use them in that fashion. Like saying..."that's ugly", some might say ..."that's gay". Does gay=ugly, bad, cheap,...etc.? What do you think about using those terms? We should learn and discuss everybodies opinion about this, no flames.

cosmic

--------------------

Classic
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
(1 - 14)
ozorage
May 9 2003, 09:54 AM

♪♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♪

Activist
9-December 02
home. sweet. home.

i've never said anything was "gay" ... i don't even use it to mean "happy" .... it bugs me when people say "gay" and mean "ugly,bad,cheap...etc" cuz "gay" has come to mean homosexual and not just "happy"...so first off happy does not mean "ugly,bad,cheap...etc" and secondly i wouldn't like it much if people said "oh that's salvadoran" and it meaning "oh that's...ugly,bad,cheap...ect"

ya dig?

wavenew.gif

+Quote Post
zapatista
May 9 2003, 10:35 AM

är du också likgiltig?

Moderators
29-January 03
Salina Cruz, Oaxaca

Today "gay" means homosexual. That is pretty much the universal meaning of the word in the society we live in. So when you use gay to say something is bad I think it equals homosexuality is bad. Besides there are like a million other adjectives you can use to say something sucks...why gay? The one most likely to offend.

--------------------
Hey we got the PMA. Hey we got the PMA.

+Quote Post
Rage Man Leca
May 9 2003, 12:07 PM

GRAPEFRUIT MOON

Activist
4-April 03
Toronto, Canada

I agree with Zapatista, just say "this sucks" or that's stuipid.... why all this hate. I support Gay postive people and it really pisses me off when people use thoughs words. And then they say oh I didn't mean to use it... well next time you get in that situation, just don't say it.

Peace, love, Unity

Rage Man Leca
zyes.gif

--------------------
riot of words

What exactly are the great historical accomplishments of your race that makes you pround to be white? Capitalism? Slavery? Genocide? Sitcoms? Guns? War? Pollution? NAFTA? This is your fucking white-history my friend.
-Propagandhi

NATIONALISM ONLY BRINGS DEATH
NO BORDERS NO NATIONS

+Quote Post
Manifest
May 9 2003, 04:09 PM

Hoochie Coochie Myne

Activist
30-November 02
Fontana, california

why dont we censor the entire Forum to be fucking PC furious.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
cosmic
May 9 2003, 04:23 PM

Magneto, alpha(E/H)^2

ZDLRNet Admin
29-November 02
L.A., CA

Manifest, its not about those words in this forum, its about their general use. I'm trying to figure out, like many, why people say it. ...its curiosity, plain and simple. What does censoring have to do about this?

cosmic

--------------------

Classic

+Quote Post
Manifest
May 9 2003, 04:23 PM

Hoochie Coochie Myne

Activist
30-November 02
Fontana, california

can I be the censorship police ( I'll rat every homophobe out and we can kick them off the forum, than we can bitch about our first amendement rights being violated when it comes to speaking out about manners that are of intrest)

--------------------

+Quote Post
cosmic
May 9 2003, 04:25 PM

Magneto, alpha(E/H)^2

ZDLRNet Admin
29-November 02
L.A., CA

What are you talking about? huh.gif

cosmic

--------------------

Classic

+Quote Post
Manifest
May 9 2003, 04:36 PM

Hoochie Coochie Myne

Activist
30-November 02
Fontana, california

I'm refering to the fact that some people are hypocrites, they do all kinds of bitching about free speech and how they are all for it but when it comes down to something they do not support they turn around and contradict themselves by saying that it is not right to say something because it may offend someone, and I think thats complete shit.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
cosmic
May 9 2003, 04:56 PM

Magneto, alpha(E/H)^2

ZDLRNet Admin
29-November 02
L.A., CA

It is free speech and who's the hell is bitching? It's a discussion about a subject that we see all the time real life and in other message boards. Nobody's pointing fingers here, its about the subject matter. For the 2nd time, I really am interested in what people think about the usage of those terms, period. You're going off on a tangent.

By the way you're sounding, just because its free speech, its ok to say anything?

cosmic

--------------------

Classic

+Quote Post
Manifest
May 9 2003, 05:28 PM

Hoochie Coochie Myne

Activist
30-November 02
Fontana, california

By the way you're sounding, just because its free speech, its ok to say anything?

In my opinion yes. I believe it is ok for anyone to say anything as long they are concious of the fact that have to accept responsilbilty for the comments they make, and that they should be prepared to recieve any backlash that comes their way because of 'em.

Example: you can talk shit about my mother, you got the freedom to, but you better be prepared to recieve an ass whoppin' for doing that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cosmic
May 9 2003, 05:41 PM

Magneto, alpha(E/H)^2

ZDLRNet Admin
29-November 02
L.A., CA

QUOTE (Manifest @ May 9 2003, 06:28 PM)

In my opinion yes. I believe it is ok for anyone to say anything as long they are concious of the fact that have to accept responsilbilty for the comments they make, and that they should be prepared to recieve any backlash that comes their way because of 'em.

Example: you can talk shit about my mother, you got the freedom to, but you better be prepared to recieve an ass whoppin' for doing that.

I agree with you. You can state your opinion all day, and maybe get your ass kicked. The only thing I have to look out for people that post for the sole reason of writing infammatory personal remarks ( race, gender, religion,etc).

cosmic

--------------------

Classic

+Quote Post
Grey Mouse
May 10 2003, 01:50 AM

Urban Guerrilla

Activist
4-December 02

I find the term, when used to describe something, really offensive. Whenever they use it to describe anything, to me, it's the equivalent of a guy saying to another guy "You drive like a girl". It's an insult towards someone and puts down another group of people. I've never taken it as someone saying gay=happy, that just doesnt make sense to me. mellow.gif Just my feelin

--------------------
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no-one thinks of changing himself" - Leo Tolstoy

"As long as we can go shopping, the world economy can go to hell" - SS

+Quote Post
seditious beats
May 10 2003, 09:34 AM

El Broma ¡BOO!

Moderators
2-December 02

QUOTE (Manifest @ May 8 2003, 12:33 AM)
the way that the word "gay" is being used by us is not in a derogatory to way towards all homosexuals

Interesting orale.gif

This word is often used as slang to represent something that is not  cool and is in no way intended to disrespect the homosexual population everytime it is said.

Interesting orale.gif How's a gay person identified? "Gay"? So you see the problem? Nip it in the bud, compa'

--------------------
deep s.p . a . . c . . . e

+Quote Post
rage baby
May 10 2003, 10:29 AM

flip this capital eclipse

Activist
4-April 03
sweet sweet Toronto, Canada

ya i'm tired of ppl using the word "gay" as an adjective.

--------------------
They use the flag to control us
Brainwash us to be their patrotic slaves
Programs our minds by controlling what we learn
The only difference from the nazis is that
Someone tried to stop them
RED WHITE AND BRAINWASHED
The government says they're working for us
Just as long as we increase their pay