Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zack's Speech During The Europe Tour
Eurage
post Sep 16 2008, 02:11 AM
Post #1

Junior Activist

Group: Activist
Member No.: 6,473

I saw rage live at the Pinkpop festival Holland this summer. During wakeup Zack speeched about how the media tries to make us believe that the current generation doesn't care about politics but how in his eyes that is not true. He gave a example of how our generation made political change (I could not fully make out this part of his speech) And he thanked us for being the most political active generation in years. After that he picked up his usual "the challenges that we face, they go way beyond administrations ... "

My question is. Can anyone get me the content of this speech or does anyone have a link to a decent audio/video recording of this speech

Tia

This post has been edited by Eurage: Sep 16 2008, 02:51 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eurage
post Sep 16 2008, 03:18 AM
Post #2

Junior Activist

Well, it turns out I wasn't looking in the right place. I was searching for the speech on discussion forums where I should have looked on youtube!
Here it is:

Everyone said that this generation didn't care about politics,
that this generation wouldn't miss it.
that this generation wouldn't try to debate,
When we watched the events unfold with Bush-decided to go into Iraq-
and was trying to assemble leadership here in europe to join him in that terrorist operation.
That it was the very generation that all the press was saying that wouldn't listen to politics- that stopped all their leaders from going to war
it was you- this generation

This european generation.
and everyone else-every president of every other country in europe who joined Bush- got their asses handed to 'em in elections in the past year.
Even Tony Blair-Bush's little poodle-got his ass served to him by the british people.
Even Aznar in Spain after the attacks he tried to blame the ETA in Spain and the people said NO and kicked him out of power.
So we want to thank- you from the bottom of our hearts for being the most active generation in years. We thank you.

Well we got much more deeper challenges
I know we kept our governments from doing more damage

We know that the system of capitalism has become so violent and cruel- that in order to survive it needs to destroy entire countries and profit from their reconstruction in order to survive and that's a system we have to destroy everyday
not just government but the entire system

wake up
WAKE UP
WAKE UP!

+Quote Post
Eurage
post Sep 16 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #3

Junior Activist

Let me add that it is ironic that this speech is recorded in Holland. Holland was one of the view countries that followed Bush into war in Afganistan.
And our president Balkenende who send our soldiers into that war with the legendary words “we do not support this mission politically but we do support it military” is still in power.

But big up to the rest of Europe! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2020 - 05:59 AM