> Eating Disorders, Mary-kate Needs A Sandwich
zapatista
post Jun 29 2004, 06:51 AM
Post #16

är du också likgiltig?

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 188

"err..i don't have a che shirt. but anyhoot."

haha You know I was joking with ya.. there might have been need for a glasshouse projectile alert! with my statement.. but that was a long time ago.. see.. unsure.gif

wavenew.gif

--------------------
Hey we got the PMA. Hey we got the PMA.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DTA
post Jun 29 2004, 11:23 AM
Post #17

delinquent
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 250

wavenew.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Renegades
post Jul 4 2004, 12:50 AM
Post #18

Estou perdido...

Member No.: 20

As for Mary-Kate Olsen, I don't give a shit about her getting anorexia. In fact, maybe after she's recovered she'll become a nicer person. Horrible diseases seem to have that effect on spoilt, ignorant, sheltered, right-winged rich little goodie goodie teen bitches every so often. I hate those sisters, they're enough to make me sick. I'm glad Mary-Kate has got something else to harp about now other than the lipstick stain on her new Gucci bag.

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
ImperialAerosolK...
post Jul 5 2004, 05:09 PM
Post #19

Freedom Advocate

Group: Activist
Member No.: 483

QUOTE (zapatista @ Jun 29 2004, 02:51 PM)
"err..i don't have a che shirt. but anyhoot."

haha You know I was joking with ya.. there might have been need for a glasshouse projectile alert! with my statement.. but that was a long time ago.. see.. unsure.gif

wavenew.gif

all beans are cool smile2.gif

+Quote Post
ratmgirl
post Jul 5 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #20

Renegade

Member No.: 36

I feel bad for her. It must be super hard for her to be young and be living in the public eye all her life. There's so much pressure for those famous people to be twig thin. It's disgusting and for that I blame the media for me thinking i'm fat. I'd love to be as skinny as she is. Well, not really but as skinny as some poeple are on tv. Lately, the idea of food is just grossing me out. cry.gif

--------------------
the whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, but wiser people are so full of doubts

- bertrand russell

+Quote Post
Intrepid_one
post Jul 5 2004, 08:27 PM
Post #21

Queen of the Nomads

Member No.: 2,280

I may get slammed for this but people with eating disorders make me sick. It’s a selfish fucking disease rooted from shameless vanity, self loathing and megalomania. Look at all those people who are starving because they don't HAVE any food, are oppressed and living in filth without the basic necessities of life, with problems we can't even begin to conceive. There vertebra’s stick out of there backs because there is no food or water. Not because they want to look as pretty as Christina Agulara in her backless Prada number.

--------------------
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." The good Dr. HST RIP

+Quote Post
Manifest
post Jul 5 2004, 09:17 PM
Post #22

Hoochie Coochie Myne

Member No.: 8

clap2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
zapatista
post Jul 5 2004, 09:18 PM
Post #23

är du också likgiltig?

Member No.: 188

QUOTE (Intrepid_one @ Jul 5 2004, 11:27 PM)
I may get slammed for this but people with eating disorders make me sick. It’s a selfish fucking disease rooted from shameless vanity, self loathing and megalomania. Look at all those people who are starving because they don't HAVE any food, are oppressed and living in filth without the basic necessities of life, with problems we can't even begin to conceive. There vertebra’s stick out of there backs because there is no food or water. Not because they want to look as pretty as Christina Agulara in her backless Prada number.

That's not what it's about at all.. get a freakin clue.

--------------------
Hey we got the PMA. Hey we got the PMA.

+Quote Post
rev79
post Jul 5 2004, 09:24 PM
Post #24

Nun Chuka Kata

Member No.: 412

Right on!
Think about all the good healthy food that ends up in the garbage can because these prissies refuse to even touch it, while in other parts of the world you got people digging in dumpsters for a peach pit, for christ sake! They fear their weight might vault from 75 to 80 lbs., all the while fussing in the mirror that they're FAT.

--------------------
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. Now, I'm going to hang up this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world...where anything is possible.
Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

+Quote Post
insurrection
post Jul 5 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #25

Very busy w. school >_<

Member No.: 2,022

this is pretty insensitive... its not only their fault that they get anorexia. they are being influenced by tv, probably peer and job pressure also. although i guess it is in part their fault for not realizing how stupid it is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ImperialAerosolK...
post Jul 5 2004, 09:28 PM
Post #26

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 483

QUOTE (zapatista @ Jul 6 2004, 05:18 AM)

being the token male purger i have to agree

+Quote Post
Sara
post Jul 5 2004, 11:20 PM
Post #27

Sunny Sunflower

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Intrepid_one @ Jul 6 2004, 04:27 PM)
It’s a selfish fucking disease rooted from shameless vanity, self loathing and megalomania.

No. smile.gif

before you guys make such ignorant observations about disorders, i suggest you read up on it, from credible pscyhology journals or books, or even first year psych text books.

i am really surprised to read this comment coming from you. everything else you said in every other topic always reflected how knowledgble you are. ermm.gif

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
Intrepid_one
post Jul 6 2004, 02:14 AM
Post #28

Queen of the Nomads

I fully expected this. I'm not ignorant, this is just my opinion, please try to respect that. I'm allowed that....i think. I may have been a little harsh, and granted my rant was not exactly packed with factual or medical information, but it’s the way I feel about where the disease is rooted from. Blame the media, blame TV, blame Gwyenith Paltrow...the fact is i have little sympathy.

I do see your point i suppose i should read up on it a little more carefully before I pass such judgment, but the fact is i feel the same way about people who overeat.

--------------------
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." The good Dr. HST RIP

+Quote Post
Intrepid_one
post Jul 6 2004, 02:15 AM
Post #29

Queen of the Nomads

QUOTE (zapatista @ Jul 6 2004, 05:18 AM)

then why don't you explain to me your OPINION (and thats all it is to me) what its all about.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rain
post Jul 6 2004, 02:19 AM
Post #30

Xanada Bound

Member No.: 125

Just this: diseases aren't a vanity. People who are ill one way or another should not be blamed for it.

--------------------
Yin To Your Yang

All of those rocks there, all of them,
Thrown at us for as long as we can remember.
All of our dreams, all of them,
Flattened and crushed, as soon as they start taking shape.
Ah baby, who do they take us for.

Battered and bruised,
constantly,
relentlessly.
Killing? Not their aim.
Keeping us in an unimportant place is what this is about.
Ah baby, who do they think we are.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2020 - 04:09 AM