Closed TopicStart new topic
> There's No Free Speech Left, merged with Screw Activism
rev79
post Jun 11 2004, 09:33 AM
Post #31

Nun Chuka Kata

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 412

Renegades, as whitey, I think you and I should just step back and let them have their time in the sun- because two wrongs almost certainly will make a right.

--------------------
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. Now, I'm going to hang up this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world...where anything is possible.
Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Renegades
post Jun 11 2004, 09:37 AM
Post #32

Estou perdido...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 20

I just can't believe how far this is going man...

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
red@tm.net
post Jun 11 2004, 09:42 AM
Post #33

Freedom Advocate

Group: Activist
Member No.: 1,889

Well are you treated like shit on a daily basis? Let me ask you Renegades growing up did you deal with people taunting you because of the color of your skin? Did folks make reference to racist stereotypes to you? IF so did it feel like a deep swelling pain in your heart to hear someone chant those painful words? Was racism a part of your everyday life? Give some examples because I am interested in knowing how white people are affected by racism.

i have, i was a white kid from the north that moved to the south in third grade. guess what, the white people down there hate the white people from the north, because the north won the civil war 125 years ago. and 50% of our school was black, and guess what, the blacks hated the whites, and they saw me has just another redneck white person. so not only did i get my ass kicked by the white kids on almost a daily basis, i also got the shit kicked out of me by the black kids too. and i know for a fact that words don't hurt anywhere near as bad as a group of people beating the hell out of you with their fists and knees and feet.

but it doesn't end there, i moved back up north to chicago in 7th grade, guess what. the white kids think i'm a stupid ignorant hick from the south, the black kids hate me cause i'm from the south, the mexican kids hate me cause i'm white, and the asian kids just flat out don't like me because i'm white. so what happends more beatings all the time from all sides. i actually had to get involved with a gang to keep people off my back. imagine that an upper middle class white kid being forced to befreind hardcore gang members just so he wouldn't get the shit kicked out of him everyday.

don't tell me i don't know what racism is because of the color of my skin, i have seen it from all sides and have been personaly effected by it. i know what it is, and i've seen it on here a number of times.

--------------------
rip-92

+Quote Post
angiedavis
post Jun 11 2004, 09:55 AM
Post #34

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 148

What's wrong with having a dialogue about this issue? What your word is final and nothing else should be made of this topic? Please give me a fucking break.

How the fuck are you being generalized in regards to being white. You're the one who keeps bringing up being white. And then you blame Kawaii for making generalized remarks about the entire white population. What are you trying to convey with your post?

What do your alcoholic parents have to do with this topic. I don't discuss in detail of my parents drug addiction on a topic that is dedicated to race? What have you been a victim of?

Renegades your not ignorant to Kawaii's problems,but do you know where she is coming from? You say you've been a victim so then you should know how she feels.

Rev just go already

--------------------
I don't need to live my life in the shadows of expired sages. Me

It was written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice. Joseph Conrad

There's something very wrong when people try to justify their use of a word this hateful or say they don't care who is offended whent hey use it...but you want to call me hypocrite. Get real! It's hypocrisy to pretend you care about racial relations in this country and then try to justify using a word that carries so much racial hatred.-Moremi

+Quote Post
Turd Ferguson
post Jun 11 2004, 09:59 AM
Post #35

bite me, it's fun

Member No.: 226

Take the title of this thread with a grain of salt........

Wow. If I were to witness a terrible strain of internalized conflict within the left, this board pretty much sets off the viral alerts big time.

From my experiences of racism and pseudo-activism (within and outside of this board), I realize a few horrible truths:

1) According to some jackasses, if a person who is a minority makes a comment about white people, s/he is automatically labelled a racist, without looking at that person's perspective and asking on how s/he came to that conclusion. (And no, calling them "a sorry excuse for a human being" doesn't qualify. Sorry. rolleyes.gif)

2) Apparently, if you're a person of mixed heritage, you're seen as a "victim" of colonization. (How is that possible? That person didn't plead and beg with his/her oppressors to decimate their indigenous past and culture, or chose to be part _____!! I'd say that broadens your perspectives!!)

3) I guess if you currently live in a suburb, but your upbringing was very humble in the beginning, that makes you a bourgeois pig. (Well, someone didn't get the memo that your social location, along with hundreds of other factors, shape the person that you have become now, and continue to progress. Does it really matter about a person's income, when s/he shares the same ideals and beliefs as you do?)

4) What's with saying you're all progressive and leftist, yet you still like to attack people's character and have the right to call them "worthless human beings" on their opinions that should be respected (even if you DON'T agree)? You've just set yourself back 30 years of progressive social movements!!!

5) No, activism is NOT an excuse to smoke out 5 times a day, or to increase your SOMA usage. You see what happened to the progressive movements of the 60s? Where are those hippies now???

No wonder why the left hasn't done SMACK in the past few years!!!

--------------------
I'd still hit it!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
Holter
post Jun 11 2004, 10:08 AM
Post #36

BRUTAL HONESTY

Member No.: 1,772

i cant believe that you honestly think that we are being racist here. Where are you getting this, could you please show me where renegades was racist, or i was? I dont give a shit what people look like or anything, im just not going to sit back and let people continue to berate me (and yes saying whitey is attacking me personally just like if i said something negative about filipinos i would be attacking all filipinos not a singular group or individual. These are the sweeping generalizations that I am referring to) Can you honestly and truthfully tell me that that is not a racist generalization?

--------------------
IPB ImageHAVING DREAMS IS WHAT MAKES LIFE TOLERABLEIPB Image
IPB Image
"It is easy to be negative, and much harder to find that silver lining behind the clouds of modern society." - Billy Corgan
"everyone there is so damn opinionated yet they won't even listen to whatever anyone else has to say" politics on the left
OMG POWER CHORDS ARE TEH BAD EMO! HAHAHA

+Quote Post
Casbah
post Jun 11 2004, 10:17 AM
Post #37

Trouble Man

Member No.: 377

i honestly, do not understand how some people can be so hateful, how do you hate someone for something so small and petty as theyre complexion, or where they come from or what language they speak? its not like any of us have any control over what we are.. as humans we all basically do the same things, the only differences are SO small...

it really makes me depressed that people can be so hateful cry.gif

--------------------
I fucking SAID this would happen!

-Karl Marx

+Quote Post
Holter
post Jun 11 2004, 10:19 AM
Post #38

BRUTAL HONESTY

According to some jackasses, if a person who is a minority makes a comment about white people, s/he is automatically labelled a racist, without looking at that person's perspective and asking on how s/he came to that conclusion. (And no, calling them "a sorry excuse for a human being" doesn't qualify. Sorry.  rolleyes.gif )

Let me tell you how i see it, and how i have been trying to explain it to you. When a person, any person with any heritage, makes a derogatory statement towards someone else of a separate ethnicity purely based on their ethnicity i will ALWAYS label them a racist, because that is what racism is.

I dont konw why i am continuing to try to show you what Im saying because you will most definitely just ignore it and post a new thread about how you have been wronged by a few individuals of the same ethnicity so they are a terrible ethnicity.

I will say it again that whatever has happened to you in your life was most likely a terrible thing and it should never have happened, but does it make it any better or can you get past it by making the same types of judgements about people of other color? The people that wronged you didnt konw who you were, they just made a racist generalization and you can see that that is wrong, but now you are turninig it around and doing the same thing towards people of other races. If the whole world worked like that we would be decimated faster than you would believe.

It is so frustrating to me that you seem to think that this is ok for you to do now. So now go ahead and ignore again or tell me that this is bullshit and leave you alone or whatever, i dont care.

--------------------
IPB Image
"It is easy to be negative, and much harder to find that silver lining behind the clouds of modern society." - Billy Corgan
"everyone there is so damn opinionated yet they won't even listen to whatever anyone else has to say" politics on the left

+Quote Post
Turd Ferguson
post Jun 11 2004, 10:34 AM
Post #39

bite me, it's fun

but does it make it any better or can you get past it by making the same types of judgements about people of other color?

hmm.gif the last time I checked my artsy-fartsy color wheel, white doesn't count as a color. mellow.gif Then again, I'm looking at this in a different light.

--------------------
I'd still hit it!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
Turd Ferguson
post Jun 11 2004, 10:36 AM
Post #40

bite me, it's fun

^ neither do I. And this is supposed to be a progressive thinking board???

no thanks. nonono.gif I don't need to be on a board that obviously finds contempt toward Asians and people of mixed heritage.

--------------------
I'd still hit it!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
Holter
post Jun 11 2004, 10:38 AM
Post #41

BRUTAL HONESTY

hahaha oh man. you have completely missed the point. oh well sad.gif rolleyes.gif wavenew.gif

This post has been edited by Holter: Jun 11 2004, 10:39 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Holter
post Jun 11 2004, 10:42 AM
Post #42

BRUTAL HONESTY

yes and completely disregarding the rest of my post like usual. its almost like you choose not to see what other people have to say. ANd we all know that people who are "white" arent specifically white by color, just the same that black people arent all "black". so what was the point of saying that anyways? wavenew.gif

This post has been edited by Holter: Jun 11 2004, 10:44 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Turd Ferguson
post Jun 11 2004, 10:51 AM
Post #43

bite me, it's fun

I will say it again that whatever has happened to you in your life was most likely a terrible thing and it should never have happened

Hmm. Have you ever been called "dog eater"? Or ugly brown monkey?
but does it make it any better or can you get past it by making the same types of judgements about people of other color?

How does, all of a sudden, my observations (stemming from my true life experiences) and former SIG (which came from AK Press, if you thought I got it from some random anti-white site...please!) come off as a racist judgement? Try to REALLY picture your life without ANY sort of priviledge, fighting racism on a daily basis and clawing your way up society, only to be further denigrated from within and from the outside??!?!?
The people that wronged you didnt konw who you were, they just made a racist generalization and you can see that that is wrong, but now you are turninig it around and doing the same thing towards people of other races. If the whole world worked like that we would be decimated faster than you would believe.

Actually, look at the American government. They DO work like that.

Think before you speak, please. Don't make your anti-Asian posse look more like the Bush administration.

--------------------
I'd still hit it!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
angiedavis
post Jun 11 2004, 10:57 AM
Post #44

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 148

QUOTE (Holter @ Jun 11 2004, 06:08 PM)
i cant believe that you honestly think that we are being racist here. Where are you getting this, could you please show me where renegades was racist, or i was? I dont give a shit what people look like or anything, im just not going to sit back and let people continue to berate me (and yes saying whitey is attacking me personally just like if i said something negative about filipinos i would be attacking all filipinos not a singular group or individual. These are the sweeping generalizations that I am referring to) Can you honestly and truthfully tell me that that is not a racist generalization?

Your post is too general on "sweeping generalizations" that I have no idea what you are trying to convey. I never stated you were a racist, but that you did refer to Kawaii as a racist. Let me know if you would like that quote.

--------------------
I don't need to live my life in the shadows of expired sages. Me

It was written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice. Joseph Conrad

There's something very wrong when people try to justify their use of a word this hateful or say they don't care who is offended whent hey use it...but you want to call me hypocrite. Get real! It's hypocrisy to pretend you care about racial relations in this country and then try to justify using a word that carries so much racial hatred.-Moremi

+Quote Post
Turd Ferguson
post Jun 11 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #45

bite me, it's fun

and even if my remarks are percieved as racist......I think everyone, believe or not...has some degree of prejudice and/or racism in them.

Seriously......do you secretly shun people who are mentally ill, or who have Down syndrome? Or perhaps you've been told by your parents not to affilate with a certain ethnicity or race. Those are forms of prejudice.

Nobody's perfect. Let's just leave it at that.

--------------------
I'd still hit it!!
user posted image

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2020 - 02:38 PM