> Pride In Ones Race
Grimer 54
post Mar 6 2004, 06:10 PM
Post #46

loveable nemesis

Group: Activist
Member No.: 1,381

This is off topic:

I noticed alot of people apoligizng for rambling. I think that rambling is great! Even though it sometimes gets a bit confusing, especially when its just the written word, Ive found that rambling and ranting are vital to expressing a point. When your thoughts go right into words, you're writing what you really feel, unedited, no second-thoughts, and I like that. Something true about it.

So heres to rambling, and a great thread! Cheers!

--------------------
This is the FiFTY-FOUR effect: (the loveable nemesis)
QUOTE(Grimer 54)
Society begets government. Anarchist theory is actually just a pseudo-intellectual state of denial, an idealistic illusion that can never be more than a wholly unfulfilled dream. Thus, it is a counter-productive measure that actually weakens, rather than improves the progress of society as government is inevitable in the maintenance of civilization. Therefore, it is infinitely more effective to pursue political upheaval through the system, rather then against the system. For despite all of its flaws, both Democracy and Capitalism are still rooted within the people themselves by rational and realistic means. That is not to say I advocate the status quo, but instead, a moral pursuit to right the endless wrongs brought on by the evils of human nature, via an unintimidated, undaunted, unmitigated spirit of liberty and justice for all, rather then the destructive hypocrisy of your so-called "revolution."

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it".
- attributed to Voltaire

Still a sheltered idealist... but learning:
This is no Oasis.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nerve
post Mar 6 2004, 08:44 PM
Post #47

Activist

Group: banned
Member No.: 546

QUOTE (Grimer 54 @ Mar 7 2004, 02:10 AM)
This is off topic:

I noticed alot of people apoligizng for rambling. I think that rambling is great! Even though it sometimes gets a bit confusing, especially when its just the written word, Ive found that rambling and ranting are vital to expressing a point. When your thoughts go right into words, you're writing what you really feel, unedited, no second-thoughts, and I like that. Something true about it.

no.

+Quote Post
CUJO
post Mar 12 2004, 06:14 PM
Post #48

The plain-clothes man

Member No.: 1,353

sorry if im ignorant, but what does KKK stand for?? "killing korny... kofals...?"

--------------------
HEY, YOU! .... GUYS?
Hello? Is anyone there? Hello?
Hello? Hello?

Rock the house

Super ultra happy funk dance!

+Quote Post
Casbah
post Mar 12 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #49

Trouble Man

Member No.: 377

ku klux klan

--------------------
I fucking SAID this would happen!

-Karl Marx

+Quote Post
RATMROXMYSOX
post Mar 12 2004, 06:46 PM
Post #50

The Treasoner

Member No.: 1,766

i am damn proud to be a mutt! lol it's funny though--no one can ever tell my ethnicity which is mostly asian and black. they all think i'm either hawaiian or chinese or something other than what i am...but of course that's not who i am...ok digressing sorry....so yeah, being prous of your race is not a crime, but thinking that you are better than people becuz of this is wrong---evil, really. ok i dunno if that was brought up cuz i really didn't feel like reading all these damned posts lol j/k... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Fred is a big dork.

+Quote Post
Grimer 54
post Mar 12 2004, 06:59 PM
Post #51

loveable nemesis

Member No.: 1,381

QUOTE (Grimer 54 @ Mar 7 2004, 02:10 AM)
This is off topic:

no.

You're right, one word answers are alot more informative. Thanks for your input.

--------------------
This is the FiFTY-FOUR effect: (the loveable nemesis)
QUOTE(Grimer 54)
Society begets government. Anarchist theory is actually just a pseudo-intellectual state of denial, an idealistic illusion that can never be more than a wholly unfulfilled dream. Thus, it is a counter-productive measure that actually weakens, rather than improves the progress of society as government is inevitable in the maintenance of civilization. Therefore, it is infinitely more effective to pursue political upheaval through the system, rather then against the system. For despite all of its flaws, both Democracy and Capitalism are still rooted within the people themselves by rational and realistic means. That is not to say I advocate the status quo, but instead, a moral pursuit to right the endless wrongs brought on by the evils of human nature, via an unintimidated, undaunted, unmitigated spirit of liberty and justice for all, rather then the destructive hypocrisy of your so-called "revolution."

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it".
- attributed to Voltaire

Still a sheltered idealist... but learning:
This is no Oasis.

+Quote Post
Black_n_red_flag
post Mar 20 2004, 02:50 AM
Post #52

Comrade_Siret

Member No.: 1,483

If I said I was proud to be white....

I'd be lying tbh I really could care what goes over the top of me as long as I say the same underneath, (sorry sounds like a bit of a cliche) but being proud is fine but when you think your better because you that race is when things start to go abit iffy unsure.gif . I'm quater welsh but no blood involded cos my family moved there and moved back, but my sirname "SIRET" is quite common in le france, but tere is a river "Siret" running through Ukraine and Romania and I would love to be from either of those countries grin.gif , especailly romania.

Now I AM sorry about ramballing cos this is pretty crapply writen.

--------------------
I'm A Poet, And I Know it, And I Hope I Don't Blow It
Comrade Siret, Comrade Sheep, Comrade Rob

+Quote Post
GuitarCrazyo
post Oct 29 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #53

Junior Activist

Member No.: 7,659

And trust me, the ones who bitch about seeing corporate logos are not the ones who volunteer for the Pride Committee, and probably dont even throw a toonie in a pail to help pay for the event. Pride is probably the ONLY celebration of its size in the country that is run entirely by volunteers. Other big parades are organized by fully paid staff. Any government funding is a fairly recent phenomenon for Pride.. and still it gets far less than some other events. If the Cons are still at the rudder of the country next year, I can tell you right here and right now that Pride will not get one cent in Federal funding.
Not only is corporate funding necessary, it demonstrates how far gay men and women have come in society that major banks are proud to sponsor our event.
I think a lot of men "of a certain age" look back fondly at small prides of 25 years ago because they themselves were 25 years younger and had waaaay more fun than they do today. Add onto that the fact many of them work for big bad corporations

+Quote Post
Appajexpral
post Nov 9 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #54

Junior Activist

Member No.: 7,679

This was a good thread in the two incarnations weve had since the new board began and i hope for this one to be as good, we just need demerit back in and a few others to rekindle their interest.

Pavel, your input too if youre not too busy.

--------------------
Too lazy to set a custom title
Public Beach

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2020 - 03:42 AM