> Cloning
SweatShopUnionRu...
post Jan 20 2004, 02:06 AM
Post #31

huh?

Group: Activist
Member No.: 923

QUOTE (Sarah @ Jan 19 2004, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (SweatShopUnionRules @ Jan 19 2004, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (Sarah @ Nov 7 2003, 09:01 AM)
i'm against the cloning of human beings, and that's that. there's no excuse...once we clone humans, we cross the line, questions of ethics, and are they real humans? who'll protect them and their rights, how they gonna be represented legally and so forth, it's problematic.

what problem would there be? they're human, and deserve the same rights

yep in ur view and mine and many others, but legally it might be different. questions bout who they are, where they're from and all of that would be brought up...it's just a thought, im not doubting their humanity.

True enough... only human kind could make a tough issue out of something so simple... sad.gif

This post has been edited by SweatShopUnionRules: Jan 20 2004, 02:09 AM

--------------------
"Like a doberman chompin' on a cat; It's the New World Order, and their bombing on Iraq. And it's so fucking heartless, the whole country's starved, and yet they've been targetted as a threat reguardless."
-Sweatshop Union
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sara
post Jan 20 2004, 02:29 AM
Post #32

Sunny Sunflower

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (stonethrower @ Jan 20 2004, 03:39 PM)
it isn't all about cloning exact replicas for no particular reason, but it also involves stem cell research and being able to grow body parts and organs by themselves

see when we're talking bout cloning body organs it's very different from talking bout making exact copies of u and me...i think to and me and most ppl here, i can say we're against cloning of people.

although, i read it was problematic to just clone organs, coz animal cells dont just grow by itself or something, coz they're not totepotent? whatever that means? so only plant cells can grow from one cell? like if u have a liver cell in some i dunno test tube or whatever, it wont grow into a liver, but if u have a leaf cell it will grow into a leaf? or something like that...? so that is why, apparantly, cloning organs is not possible at this stage...hmmm hope i made some sense unsure.gif

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
stonethrower
post Jan 20 2004, 07:07 AM
Post #33

Activist

Member No.: 650

yeah i know what you mean, but i think the stem cell research could help 'rejuvenate' organs instead of replacing them i think
i did a report on it a while back but it's been a few years

+Quote Post
Sara
post Jan 20 2004, 08:16 PM
Post #34

Sunny Sunflower

^ it'd be cool if u could share ur report! smile.gif

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
stonethrower
post Jan 22 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #35

Activist

Member No.: 650

haha, i don't have it anymore unfortunately it, it was a B report anyway tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Anarchy in the U...
post Feb 17 2004, 09:40 AM
Post #36

Nooo! Not the monkey

Member No.: 1,665

I have not read anything in the bible against cloning.

Yes because I beleive that cloning was very popular in those days.
Also here is one good reason NOT for cloning
user posted image
ohno.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Sara
post Feb 17 2004, 10:56 PM
Post #37

Sunny Sunflower

^ um u think that when ppl start cloning ppl, they're gonna start with bin laden?

--------------------

+Quote Post
rev79
post Feb 17 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #38

Nun Chuka Kata

Member No.: 412

^No joke.. laugh.gif

--------------------
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. Now, I'm going to hang up this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world...where anything is possible.
Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

+Quote Post
ragefist
post Mar 3 2004, 07:38 AM
Post #39

Junior Activist

Member No.: 1,213

once again all im going to say is that, no matter if your bill gates or the leader of the free world or the hobo on the streets. you have no right to play god, to play the role of creator. creation is limited in our hands, like the sand from our forthcomers as it slip'd threw there hands. its not your right nor mine. its nobody's. wallbash.gif why cant anybody see that?

--------------------
/
a little rebellion is always good for the system"-ryan perkins

"its your money you paid for it"- goerge bush

+Quote Post
Underground
post Mar 3 2004, 03:28 PM
Post #40

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 921

I think we should ensure that every child and adult around the world has access to affordable cures or preventative medications of currently treatable diseases, before we ever think about this whole business of cloned organs for a few rich people.

p.s. I am a scientist (a physicist), so just to let you know, not all scientists are hopping mad for this cloning to occur.

--------------------
There's a natural mystic blowing through the air;
If you listen carefully now you will hear.
It could be the first trumpet, might as well be the last:
Many more will have to die,
Many more will have to cry - don't ask me why.

Bob Marley

+Quote Post
Black_n_red_flag
post Mar 22 2004, 12:57 PM
Post #41

Comrade_Siret

Member No.: 1,483

I'm not fro cloning humans yet because what they have done to animals has gone wrong, but I think if they are going to clone animals they might aswell clone humans (Although I dont think either should be done) we are all the same, some people even say plants have feelings what food am i going to turn to once thats proved w00t.gif

--------------------
I'm A Poet, And I Know it, And I Hope I Don't Blow It
Comrade Siret, Comrade Sheep, Comrade Rob

+Quote Post
Casbah
post Mar 23 2004, 06:28 PM
Post #42

Trouble Man

Member No.: 377

p.s. I am a scientist (a physicist), so just to let you know, not all scientists are hopping mad for this cloning to occur.

i took me some biology in high school cool.gif

--------------------
I fucking SAID this would happen!

-Karl Marx

+Quote Post
Noench
post Aug 20 2005, 05:51 PM
Post #43

Junior Activist

Member No.: 2,942

Why should we clone ppl we already have the power to make life why do it in a test tube???

--------------------
Destruction Equals Production
-Stephen Cartner

Bush you remind me of the popular kid who bought drugs on the street untill he o.d.ed on LSD
-Stephen Cartner

If we were free we would live in a society with helpful lads and free land. But our so called great politicians watch over us not to help us but to confine of themselves to control each of us without even using peace
-Stephen Cartner
100% Anarchist and 100%Green Party
user posted image

+Quote Post
Grimer 54
post Aug 21 2005, 06:53 AM
Post #44

loveable nemesis

Member No.: 1,381

I think we should only clone to create armies of super-humans to fight our wars for us. Other that that, it goes against my morals. Also, only the US should be able to construct super-humans and use nuclear weapons, because we're the only ones that can be trusted with such awesome weapons. For real.

--------------------
This is the FiFTY-FOUR effect: (the loveable nemesis)
QUOTE(Grimer 54)
Society begets government. Anarchist theory is actually just a pseudo-intellectual state of denial, an idealistic illusion that can never be more than a wholly unfulfilled dream. Thus, it is a counter-productive measure that actually weakens, rather than improves the progress of society as government is inevitable in the maintenance of civilization. Therefore, it is infinitely more effective to pursue political upheaval through the system, rather then against the system. For despite all of its flaws, both Democracy and Capitalism are still rooted within the people themselves by rational and realistic means. That is not to say I advocate the status quo, but instead, a moral pursuit to right the endless wrongs brought on by the evils of human nature, via an unintimidated, undaunted, unmitigated spirit of liberty and justice for all, rather then the destructive hypocrisy of your so-called "revolution."

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend, to the death, your right to say it".
- attributed to Voltaire

Still a sheltered idealist... but learning:
This is no Oasis.

+Quote Post
Fanaticism
post Sep 1 2005, 11:56 PM
Post #45

Activist

Member No.: 3,585

Cloning as a science could easily be studied (though I would not advocate the cloning of humans), but like all sciences it should not be pursued for anything other than scientific purposes. Until properly understood (a few decades from now) should something like cloning, artificial food products, most modern medications, genetic engineering etc. be used in ways that interact with the public.

As was posted earlier (sicknesslife) the science itself is not inherently evil; to see if we can clone animal life we could perhaps find better methods of veterinary practice. Furthermore it could allow us methods of 'harvesting meat' without need to kill animals making us able to save more lives in the long run. Again I'm not advocating these practices for near use, but the possibilities of the science should be safely (slowly) pursued for better understanding.

Human clones, should they ever be created, should have the same rights as other human beings (again I don't advocate the cloning of humans). The potential of stem cell research and cloning however could allow us better methods of saving life. If we simply use caution then science is nothing but a useful tool.

And Grimer, I would recommend you read a book on the history of American relations with the rest of the world, especially the third world. Your statement of them being trustable with such weapons hardly has a basis in fact.

This post has been edited by Fanaticism: Sep 1 2005, 11:58 PM

--------------------
"Personally, I'm in favor of democracy, which means that the central institutions of society have to be under popular control. Now, under capitalism, we can't have democracy by definition. Capitalism is a system in which the central institutions of society are in principle under autocratic control."
-Noam Chomsky

"Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see"
-John Lennon 'Working Class Hero'

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2020 - 02:33 PM