Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cloning
totally_against_...
post Nov 20 2003, 05:21 PM
Post #16

Junior Activist

Group: Activist
Member No.: 1,137

I am against cloning also Why do men try to play god?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rev79
post Nov 20 2003, 10:18 PM
Post #17

Nun Chuka Kata

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 412

QUOTE (totally_against_cloning15 @ Nov 20 2003, 08:21 PM)
I am against cloning also

Judging by your ID there, I'd say you are...

--------------------
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. Now, I'm going to hang up this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world...where anything is possible.
Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

+Quote Post
Sara
post Nov 20 2003, 11:52 PM
Post #18

Sunny Sunflower

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (totally_against_cloning15 @ Nov 21 2003, 02:21 PM)
I am against cloning also Why do men try to play god?

i am against it, but i wouldnt say ppl r trying to be God....coz that wont apply to ppl who don't believe in God yet are against cloning...

smile.gif

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
ragefist
post Nov 29 2003, 09:40 AM
Post #19

Junior Activist

Member No.: 1,213

QUOTE (revolutionusa @ Nov 7 2003, 04:52 AM)
Why has science gone too far with this? It needs to be explored just like anything else..what we can benefit from it, I'm not sure..but it does little harm. If you're talking about a few monkeys getting killed in the process- I hate to say it, but that's the way its always worked, and will continue to work. Would you rather humans be sacrificed for these kinds of experiments? That's just silly. We humans run this planet- not the animals. Granted, sometimes we take horrible actions to get a step ahead, but there's just no other way.
As for the meat coming from a cloned animal? I could care less as long as its well-done!

yes, but do you think God intended it to be this way? and sarah makes the best piont here! thats just what i was thinking! thank you for.. never mind im againts cloning to.

--------------------
/
a little rebellion is always good for the system"-ryan perkins

"its your money you paid for it"- goerge bush

+Quote Post
rev79
post Nov 29 2003, 09:53 AM
Post #20

Nun Chuka Kata

Member No.: 412

QUOTE (ragefist @ Nov 29 2003, 12:40 PM)

yes, but do you think God intended it to be this way?

God, schmod, I'm a Mod... laugh.gif
I guess it depends on what God you're referring to!

--------------------
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. Now, I'm going to hang up this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world...where anything is possible.
Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

+Quote Post
thelegend003
post Dec 17 2003, 08:22 PM
Post #21

Activist

Member No.: 1,331

cloning is a dumb idea.

+Quote Post
thief of dreams
post Dec 17 2003, 08:34 PM
Post #22

Junior Activist

Member No.: 1,360

cloning is a great idea, clone body parts and tissue but dont clone a human life, that shit is just wrong... "Hey little Johnny, sorry bub but your real person Brian needs a heart so uhmm, lay down and shut up, your days are done..."

<->T<->O<->D<->

--------------------
you are stronger than the fear inside you

+Quote Post
Prisoner#72321
post Dec 18 2003, 07:26 PM
Post #23

he who greets with fire

Member No.: 1,159

If you look at cloning like you're gonna see your exact double walking round the streets, then yes we've gone too far. But if cloning can be used to grow human body parts and tissue to assist in medical operations and transplants then it can also be worthwhile........ hmm.gif

--------------------
"If a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live".
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun".
"Vocals not to soothe, but to ignite and put in flight my sense of militance".
"Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend".

+Quote Post
regilas
post Dec 19 2003, 10:12 AM
Post #24

Writer

Member No.: 929

Cloning would be nice wouldn't it, to have a crap load of people just like you, that's just what the government wants, people like them, to not complain, etc.

Or, you clone Zack and he's very similar to Zack in many ways.
Good people to clone: Zack de la Rocha, Chuck D, Ghandi, Malcolm X
Bad people to clone: George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr., Arnold S

No way, I'd prefer one of a kind from each of those people then twice as many from both.

I wouldn't want to have someone be just like me (it's cool to have someone trying to be like you laughing.gif ) but that's the whole idea, to control the population under one mind and not to let them think for themselves.

--------------------
A world this evil should be black, blind, and deaf, and without any feelings at all. Then there won't be any color to be seen, no hatred to be heard, and no pain to be felt.
- Anne Moody.

The simplest man or woman with passion will be more persuasive than the most eloquent without.
- Descartes

+Quote Post
ragefist
post Jan 14 2004, 02:36 PM
Post #25

Junior Activist

Member No.: 1,213

im againts it ! ( for like the third time now)

--------------------
/
a little rebellion is always good for the system"-ryan perkins

"its your money you paid for it"- goerge bush

+Quote Post
casper a renegad...
post Jan 18 2004, 05:19 AM
Post #26

Junior Activist

Member No.: 1,509

What, why start cloning humas? over population allready is a problem in the asian countries, it's in any way unnessasery to make clones, false humas.
even if, i don't like the thought that i could me an exact copy of myself.

Casper.

+Quote Post
SweatShopUnionRu...
post Jan 19 2004, 12:32 AM
Post #27

huh?

Member No.: 923

QUOTE (Sarah @ Nov 7 2003, 09:01 AM)
i'm against the cloning of human beings, and that's that. there's no excuse...once we clone humans, we cross the line, questions of ethics, and are they real humans? who'll protect them and their rights, how they gonna be represented legally and so forth, it's problematic.

what problem would there be? they're human, and deserve the same rights

as far as clonning goes im against it

--------------------
"Like a doberman chompin' on a cat; It's the New World Order, and their bombing on Iraq. And it's so fucking heartless, the whole country's starved, and yet they've been targetted as a threat reguardless."
-Sweatshop Union

+Quote Post
Sicknesslife
post Jan 19 2004, 02:45 AM
Post #28

Junior Activist

Member No.: 1,488

reaserching cloning is a legitamate form of scientific study. Cloning as a science or a procedure is ethical and just. It is like anything else, it is all in the way it is used. there are plenty of ways it could be used ethically... limb transplants. It is a scientific avenue that merits further exploration, with any great advancement there is controversy, that is how we know we are on the right track. As for the potential ethical problems...none are inherent in the science, it is all in the use. As for it not being gods way

Fuck That!

First there is no proof that god exists. secondly even if god exists I have not read anything in the bible against cloning. thirdly if god really existed and he wanted cloning stopped, then let him stop it. ppl talk about blind faith...why? I would never have blind faith, it means not thinking!

P.S. you know who had blind faith? the NAZI's, they had blind faith in hitler... think about it

+Quote Post
Sara
post Jan 19 2004, 03:09 PM
Post #29

Sunny Sunflower

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (SweatShopUnionRules @ Jan 19 2004, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (Sarah @ Nov 7 2003, 09:01 AM)
i'm against the cloning of human beings, and that's that. there's no excuse...once we clone humans, we cross the line, questions of ethics, and are they real humans? who'll protect them and their rights, how they gonna be represented legally and so forth, it's problematic.

what problem would there be? they're human, and deserve the same rights

yep in ur view and mine and many others, but legally it might be different. questions bout who they are, where they're from and all of that would be brought up...it's just a thought, im not doubting their humanity.

I would never have blind faith, it means not thinking!

i dont know bout that, u seemed to have blind faith in science.

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
stonethrower
post Jan 19 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #30

Activist

Member No.: 650

cloning entire people may be wrong, though there are surrogate babies conceived through very similar technology
but completely ignoring the benefits of cloning would be foolish, it isn't all about cloning exact replicas for no particular reason, but it also involves stem cell research and being able to grow body parts and organs by themselves

in some cases i suppose it can be used to give a boost to endangered species though this i am sure would draw ethical fire, but then you'd have to weigh an ethical balance between cloned animals and letting humans be the cause of the extinction of yet another species

...and, using god either way in an argument is useless

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2020 - 02:01 PM