Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rage Man Leca
post Aug 5 2003, 01:49 PM
Post #33

GRAPEFRUIT MOON

Group: Activist
Member No.: 357

well i'm white.....but i have experieced a lot of facism........i have a mohawk, i wear shit clothes and yet every person thinks i going to kill them or something.

fuckign school, everyday (ie nice hair fag, go back to native american etc), i step of of the door looks apon looks......but fuck em, i like my green mohawk cool.gif.....i feel happy and what other people think, dosen't concern me at ALL!

i have friends that have been pushed on badly by rascim.......i got to a high white populated school, so some of them get picked on everywhere.......my friend tyrone gets it the worst, he's a different person, like me in a sense, they make threats every-day........thay can lick my balls.........all of them.
cool.gif

--------------------
riot of words

What exactly are the great historical accomplishments of your race that makes you pround to be white? Capitalism? Slavery? Genocide? Sitcoms? Guns? War? Pollution? NAFTA? This is your fucking white-history my friend.
-Propagandhi

NATIONALISM ONLY BRINGS DEATH
NO BORDERS NO NATIONS

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Aug 6 2003, 11:45 AM
Post #34

I what do! Eat drums!

Member No.: 26

That's the right attitude. cool.gif

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
Radisshu
post Aug 7 2003, 10:22 AM
Post #35

Radish Anarchist

Member No.: 286

i haven't really experienced racism, since i'm white and live in a country where the majority of the people in it are (sweden).. just curious though, how many of the people here have gotten ill attitudes simply because of your political ideas?

--------------------
revolution is impossible if the majority isn't for it. first we need to make them realize.

+Quote Post
Rage Man Leca
post Aug 7 2003, 06:29 PM
Post #36

GRAPEFRUIT MOON

Member No.: 357

QUOTE (ZDLRfan @ Aug 6 2003, 07:45 PM)
That's the right attitude. cool.gif

fucking right......fucking right

smile.gif

--------------------
riot of words

What exactly are the great historical accomplishments of your race that makes you pround to be white? Capitalism? Slavery? Genocide? Sitcoms? Guns? War? Pollution? NAFTA? This is your fucking white-history my friend.
-Propagandhi

NATIONALISM ONLY BRINGS DEATH
NO BORDERS NO NATIONS

+Quote Post
klinger_02
post Aug 15 2003, 03:08 PM
Post #37

Junior Activist

Member No.: 64

I'm a privileged white male in college so I haven't received any discrimination. I do think racism is an awful thing and is very much a part of our society. 90% of the racists however are very ignorant and unintelligent. I think that's true for every racist no matter who they are racist against. There are many black people that are racist towards whites. Racism isn't only an American original. Racism is extremely alive in the Middle East, even more so than here, between the Israelis and the Palestinians. Racism won't end in my generation, or the next. It's a slow process that begins with each individual parent talking to their kid about what's right and wrong. I can't really imagine what it would be like to be hated just cause of your skin or religion. I do believe though that you shouldn't take it too hard, because you should just consider the source and realize that you are a much better person than anyone who discriminates. Peace.

--------------------
They'll say "hey look at him, I'll never live that way", it's ok, they couldn't anyways.

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Aug 18 2003, 07:39 AM
Post #38

I what do! Eat drums!

This discussion has got me thinking about the psychological effects of racism and other health issues racism creates. There was a study printed in The Washington Post a few years ago that linked racism to hypertension in African Americans.

And the American Psychological Association developed this resolution in support of the World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance.

I would like to know if there are any points here that you guys can relate to. I agree with all of them.

- Racism has been shown to have negative cognitive, behavioral, affective, and relational effects on both child and adult victims nationally and globally, historically and contemporarily.

- Racism has been shown to increase anxiety, depression, self-defeating thoughts and avoidance behaviors, and is linked to a host of medical complications in ethnic minority individuals.

- Racism has been shown to negatively affect ethnic minority children's academic and social development, self-esteem, and personal feelings of efficacy.

- Racism and poverty are inextricably linked and both are risk factors for high levels of emotional distress.

- Racism intersects with gender in ways that result in different experiences of inequality by men and women, girls and boys.

- Racism negatively affects the cognitive and affective development of members of the dominant group by perpetuating distorted thinking about the self and members of marginalized or oppressed groups.

- Racism can promote anxiety and fear in the dominant group members whenever they are in the presence of, or anticipating the presence of, marginalized group members, often leading to acts of hostility and aggression toward ethnic minority individuals.

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Mar 10 2004, 05:13 AM
Post #39

I what do! Eat drums!

Bumpin it cuz it was a great discussion blackhair.gif

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
Ascarny
post Mar 10 2004, 06:20 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 1,593

Im so sorry for you guys... I just finished reading this topic. sad.gif

I live in a little town (15000 citizens) and about 99,9% here are white. This place is full of racist scums and it really pisses me off... everyday they're dissing black people even though here aint any. Makes me sick to look at those little kids with bald head and pilot-jackets with racist texts.

Well, I'll get outta here in few years though. rolleyes.gif

"I can see no changes, all I see is racist faces..."

--------------------
"It's not a war, it's a campaign. Freedom can be bought, it's a brandname."

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Mar 10 2004, 09:18 AM
Post #41

I what do! Eat drums!

"...misplaced hate makes disgrace to races" wink.gif

That's great that you can live in that environment and don't harbor those views.

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
regilas
post Mar 10 2004, 09:28 AM
Post #42

Writer

Member No.: 929

I wouldn't care what race I was if there was no racism today. I'd be proud to be black or mexican. Instead I'm a white-boy. icon8.gif

Really, today I'd rather be anything BUT white, only because of racism.

Sorry if this is off-topic.

--------------------
A world this evil should be black, blind, and deaf, and without any feelings at all. Then there won't be any color to be seen, no hatred to be heard, and no pain to be felt.
- Anne Moody.

The simplest man or woman with passion will be more persuasive than the most eloquent without.
- Descartes

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Mar 10 2004, 11:10 AM
Post #43

I what do! Eat drums!

You shouldn't feel ashamed to be white. No one asks to be born the color they are. Just don't follow in the footsteps of those who have done wrong. Embrace people for their good deeds and not their color...you know this smile.gif

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
RATMROXMYSOX
post Mar 10 2004, 01:36 PM
Post #44

The Treasoner

Member No.: 1,766

I've been discriminated against for my race and other things....let's get race out of the way first. OK, i'm 31.25 %black and 69.75% indonesian. So i grew up in a totally white neighborhood. And most people(white people, but did i have to mention that?) thought i was black...but i was 7 years old, i didn't know what the hell i was. i just knew i iwas a little brown girl lol. Actually, ijust found out my full ethnicity this year...and i'm 16! long ass time....well anyway, in the 2nd grade, this little spanish boy (nuthin' against spanish people!) said to my best friend billy, who was a little white boy with blond hair and blue eyes, "Is sigourney black?" in the most befuddled way....i don't know why, but i got mad. how could somebody at the age of 7 or 8 say that? (becuz their parents teach them). So later in life, i'm discriminated against black people for not being black enough, and vice versa with asians. And then i'm discriminated against by rockers for not being "rock" enough lol and by hip-hoppers for not being "hip-hop" enough...it's so weird! both ends of my stick are always short lol so yeah, i always feel kinda caught in the middle....ok glad to get that off my chest lol

--------------------
Fred is a big dork.

+Quote Post
Radisshu
post Mar 10 2004, 01:42 PM
Post #45

Radish Anarchist

Member No.: 286

QUOTE (Moremi @ Mar 10 2004, 07:10 PM)
You shouldn't feel ashamed to be white. No one asks to be born the color they are. Just don't follow in the footsteps of those who have done wrong. Embrace people for their good deeds and not their color...you know this smile.gif

True. I'm not ashamed of being white, but I'm not proud.

I mean.. I'm not white, I'm Me.

--------------------
revolution is impossible if the majority isn't for it. first we need to make them realize.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2020 - 04:08 AM