> Racism?, Have you been a victim?
ozorage
post Jul 21 2003, 08:37 PM
Post #16

♪♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♪

Group: Activist
Member No.: 75

racism...
yes. i've experienced it. same ol' shit....been followed around in a few stores in certain areas....fuck them. wink.gif
....racist pigs who i used to live across the street would constantly call the cops on us for nothing....for instance...it's saturday night...let's say 9p.m. and there's music on....and if you knew my parents you'd know that it wasn't LOUD...so yea...grrr...or it's christmas time and tons of people are over...yup...gotta call the cops cuz we got too many cars in our lot...what the fuck? that was none of their fucking business...ummm....they'd blow their leaves across to our side during the fall and they'd pile their snow on our side in the winter....made the mistake of using the snow-blower on us when i was making snow angels with my niece....oooh...i made her go inside and ranting_w.gif yea. i didn't want her to hear what went down huh.gif they also tried to have petitions signed to get us (and the only other latinos who lived on the block) kicked off cuz they (the other family) had their landscaping truck parked in their drive-way without a permit....luckily enough there were some nice ones there too that wouldn't sign and gave us a heads-up. fuck them....shit...there's been more. but i'm not even gonna get into it.

HAH! and i guess they fucked with one too many people cuz their car got smashed up....they weren't it it at the time, which is good cuz they had lil kids i wouldn't wish that on.....anyway...so their car got hit hard by a car....and i know whose...and am i telling? hell nah tongue.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif wink.gif mad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sara
post Jul 21 2003, 11:09 PM
Post #17

Sunny Sunflower

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (ZDLRfan @ Jul 22 2003, 04:41 AM)
I understand the anger and bitterness Sarah. Growing up, it seemed like my brother and I had to fight everyday. We were either being harassed by the white kids for being black, or the black kids for being African. One incident that has stayed with me happened in middle school. I was sitting at my desk and the desks in front of me belonged to a white girl and a white boy. The white boy turns around and looks at me with disgust - like he was looking at a piece of shit. He says, "You are sooo black. You're so ugly." The girl laughs and says, "That's not nice." And my teacher who heard everything, just looks at me and does nothing. I have too many memories like that.

yes, seen some of the too, my little sister is getting picked on at skool (though not as much as i did) and my little brother gets hassled for having curly hair ermm.gif

teachers do nothing....they dont seem to be bothered by it. mad.gif

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Jul 21 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #18

I what do! Eat drums!

Member No.: 26

Some of the teachers are just as racist. One of them actually told my sister to go back to Africa. mad.gif

When you're younger, you don't always understand why things hurt you. Kids try to make the best of bad situations. But looking back it's like damn! I was surrounded by a bunch of racist fucks!

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
ImperialAerosolK...
post Jul 22 2003, 06:43 AM
Post #19

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 483

On the subject of racism...lets not forget the irish. Oppression is an equal opportunity employer....

+Quote Post
ImperialAerosolK...
post Jul 22 2003, 10:54 AM
Post #20

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 483

ZDLRfan--
You said you were shot at once. We are debating the 2nd amendment in politick and would love to hear your insight.

-Maurice

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Jul 22 2003, 04:10 PM
Post #21

I what do! Eat drums!

I fully support the right to bear arms but I think there needs to be more thorough background checks, especially at guns shows.

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
zapatista
post Jul 25 2003, 12:09 PM
Post #22

är du också likgiltig?

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 188

Racism....oh man...I myself, have not been a victim of much racism in my life time..but I think that's because I really don't look like a particular race. Some stupid pendejos that know of my multi racial background called me a halfbread once..and that really didn't offend me cause I knew they were complete morons..so oh well...the stuff that really bugged me was once when I was about 14 mi papa came to San Antonio to visit, we were wallking to the corner store to get some drinks for the party when these rednecks in a Dodge Ram..i will always think redneck when i think Dodge now..anyhoot they yelled to my dad "SPIC go home!" I was sooooo F***in mad! Then another time when my brother came to visit me in San Antonio..a "friend" of mine..so called friend of mine..kept calling my brother CHICO..I was like he has a name you piece of S**T! well, that's about it tho..OH! and once in mexico i was called a gringo..but..oh well.

--------------------
Hey we got the PMA. Hey we got the PMA.

+Quote Post
Everdream
post Jul 26 2003, 12:37 PM
Post #23

Urban Guerrilla

Member No.: 133

well im half filipino and half scottish

one thing about filipino females though is that alot of them are in their own world....they really are - i've had to deal with lifelong repetative reoccurances of disturbances which they shouldnt have even have evolved into

ive copped alot of racism but i just think its important to not let it get to you..it does make me extremely angry when ignorance is in my presence but no ones perfect..

--------------------
"free speech is alot like money - some have more then others" - RATM

+Quote Post
dreamer997
post Jul 27 2003, 10:18 AM
Post #24

Words are the most powerdul weapon we have these days

Group: Leftwriter
Member No.: 498

While I am white. Totally white. There is no mix in my blood what so ever. And I wish there was. Because I am ashamed to be white. All because those stupid few who are so small minded.

I can remember Rosemary in Uganda. And this is something that I hold very dear. We were just talking and I was helping her out. Then she put my hand into hers and lay stroke my face with her other hand and said: Muzunfu (Means white men)and then she lay my hand that lay in hers and lay in on my chest where my heart is an said: Muganda (means black person who lives in Uganda).
It was a beautiful moment. Something very special. And because of the intense moment there rolled down a tear down my face. And Rosemary wiped it away. And said: My friend, my muganda.

But though I am white I have experianced rasism. It probably sounds crazy, but it is true. I remember my best friend when I was a little girl. She and I both toke horsebackriding classes together. And I invited her to come and play at my place. So we went out, and the other children were making fun of her.
I can remember that I didn't get it. And I got sooooo mad, and start calling them names and shit. But my friend didn't say anything nore did anything. She waited until I was finished with screaming and calmly said we should go away.

I was teased about my weight back then. And they could make me feel so bad. But still to be picked on the colour of your skin..., I maybe wouldn't understand exactly... But I do as hell know the pain that words can cost.

--------------------
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war"
Plato

Now go we in content
To liberty, and not to banishment."

--From As You Like It (I, iii, 139-14)
William Shakespeare

+Quote Post
Turd Ferguson
post Jul 27 2003, 10:25 AM
Post #25

bite me, it's fun

Member No.: 226

QUOTE (Everdream @ Jul 26 2003, 08:37 PM)
well im half filipino and half scottish

one thing about filipino females though is that alot of them are in their own world....they really are - i've had to deal with lifelong repetative reoccurances of disturbances which they shouldnt have even have evolved into

ive copped alot of racism but i just think its important to not let it get to you..it does make me extremely angry when ignorance is in my presence but no ones perfect..

I do notice that too......about Filipinas being in their own little world. I've noticed that so prominently in my town....they are stereotypical "hoochie mama's/import models". It makes me icon8.gif

I'm one of those atypical Filipinas.....I don't like being stared down by other Filipinos just because I don't embrace their perspective of what a Filipino should be. huh.gif They hate just because I'm not "pure" (which is true, because I'm also part Spanish and Italian). Well, there really never was a pure race for anyone in general. unsure.gif

I thought I was the only unorthodox Filipino.....and that I was alone. cry.gif

--------------------
I'd still hit it!!
user posted image

+Quote Post
9signset
post Jul 27 2003, 10:30 PM
Post #26

Junior Activist

Member No.: 556

I know where your coming from nice_one_bruva, I lived in melboune all my life until now, and at my school it was like there was a wall between the "australians" and "asians", but it wasnt one sided, i tried often to talk to people from overseas to make them welcome, only to be rejected. I dont blame them tho, The rascism in Melbourne is shocking. Sure not many shootings fights etc.. but still.
Even where i live now, outside of Brisbane, the rascism is disgusting, there are no aboriginals in my school, (a private one) but many in town, and the way people treat them is foul.
People say they are ashamed to be white? wacko.gif if you know you are not rascist, and hate rascism, then why be ashamed of other peoples actions, even if their skin is the same colour. dunno.gif

+Quote Post
resist
post Aug 5 2003, 02:40 AM
Post #27

Freedom Advocate

Group: banned
Member No.: 470

my dad and all his family are white, my mum is less then half
maori and has a slight brown skin,

i have a slight brown skin yet ive been called black, nigger
etc etc etc etfuckingc, i see myself as a brown skin person, not black,
yet im described by some as black

in new zealand if you have brown skin your called black or a nigger,
and it totally pisses me off
how can people be so ignorant
ive even had a guy ask me if im black...............................
i got my black backpac and held it up to my skin and
said DO I LOOK BLACK

like if people see me as black i dont care, but its there ignorance
that pisses me off, to see my BROWN skin and call me BLACK

what i also think is that africans and african/americans
are called black yet im fucking positive that if you held
a piece of pure black material up to there skin there skin
would look brown where as my skin would look white
do you get my point

being from a mixed racial background i see myself as apart of
both race's, yet when i look at my white background i cant help but see
destruction of the enviroment,
but when i look at my brown background i see
harmony with nature,

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Aug 5 2003, 04:03 AM
Post #28

I what do! Eat drums!

QUOTE (Roy @ Aug 5 2003, 06:40 AM)
what i also think is that africans and african/americans
are called black yet im fucking positive that if you held
a piece of pure black material up to there skin there skin
would look brown where as my skin would look white
do you get my point

No, I don't. First, you say you're skin is brown now you're saying it looks white. Skin can't be white because of the flesh underneath. However, there are black people.

Take a look at this picture - the boy kneeling down on the left...

user posted image

Technically, he isn't black but he is very dark skinned and there are people in Africa who are darker than that - who actually are black. I have seen it. So even though my skin is brown, I call myself black because that is my ancestry. Those are my people. My mom, who is African American is light brown but also calls herself black, as a lot of African Americans do because the people we come from are black.

Black people have been given so many labels by whites; niggers, coloreds, negroes. We decided to call ourselves black. Maybe you're familiar with the song "Say It Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud." To further identify with our ancestry, some black people call themselves African American, some don't. Either way, it's our decision. wink.gif

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
resist
post Aug 5 2003, 04:21 AM
Post #29

Freedom Advocate

Group: banned
Member No.: 470

youre proud to be black, and thats fucking cool, good on you.
white people have caused more or less all of the
worst things in history

but remember this is my view respect it like i respect yours
this is my view

colour only matters to those who see themselves as different,

i see myself as the same as all on earth, even george bush.

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Aug 5 2003, 04:39 AM
Post #30

I what do! Eat drums!

The fact is we are different.

I don't see myself as inferior or superior to anyone because of my physical differences or ancestry. It's our heart and good deeds, etc. that make one person better than the other. So, I wouldn't want to see myself as being the same as George Bush. I'm not the same as a murderer or crack head.

It's our differences in culture and physical attributes, etc. that make this world an interesting place. There's variety everywhere you look in nature. It's learning to love and respect the differences you see, that matters. That's my opinon. I can respect yours.

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2020 - 03:45 AM