Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm Offended!
freedom_mumia
post Mar 20 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #121

Truth Advocate

Group: Activist
Member No.: 2,511

Wow, I can't believe I've been, missing this one. But after reading the first page it completely infuriated me to see someone say that just because you're a christian you have to be closed minded and unopen... Now obviously someone saying this statement must be closed minded enough to think that because a group of people have the same believe system that they all must closed minded. Or that maybe they have met a few christians in their life and they happened to be closed minded... but to put that label on all the rest of us is complete idiocracy. Definitely a very ignorant individual...

Thank you for starting this thread A Shooting Star... It's been a while, how've you been?

--------------------
La ilaha il'Allah

George Orwell:
"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Salva Veritate
post Mar 22 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #122

Rippin Shocks One Track at a Time

Group: Activist
Member No.: 4,603

QUOTE(freedom_mumia @ Mar 20 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]205074[/snapback]
Wow, I can't believe I've been, missing this one. But after reading the first page it completely infuriated me to see someone say that just because you're a christian you have to be closed minded and unopen... Now obviously someone saying this statement must be closed minded enough to think that because a group of people have the same believe system that they all must closed minded. Or that maybe they have met a few christians in their life and they happened to be closed minded... but to put that label on all the rest of us is complete idiocracy. Definitely a very ignorant individual...

Thank you for starting this thread A Shooting Star... It's been a while, how've you been?

I agree with this, for the most part.

Also I saw a quote earlier on in the thread:

I was attacking him, just not for the simple reason he believes in God, but for the reason I find him fanatical. Yeah, Zack has me brainwashed laughing.gif Even if I was, it's better to be brainwashed by a great man with good values, than something that drives people to hate and persecute i.e. religion.

This is hypocrisy of the highest order. Christians would say that they've been brainwashed by a great man with good values: the Pope (or whatever the corresponding leader of the particular denomination of the other party is). Then you would say the Pope has "bad values" and Zack is the one with "good values". Then the other party would say the reverse. The argument goes nowhere.

If you have a right to insult his religion (Christianity) then he has a full right to insult yours (atheism). You tell him there is no God and that he's a dumb sheep for following faith, then he can tell you that there is a God and you're going to hell. If you don't want him to voice your opinion, then don't voice yours. You both have freedom of speech. If you voice yours, don't attempt to restrict him from voicing his own.

--------------------
Don't step to the beats of all the false rebels
With your fist in the air, foot to the pedal
Let the world know that you're never gonna settle
With your fist in the air, foot to the pedal
Let the world hear our sorrow songs
Freedom rider, keep the fight going on!

COLMES: Should you have been investigated when you said about Bill Clinton, "The only issue is whether to impeach or assassinate"? Should you have been investigated for that?

COULTER: No, that was a serious legal point…

Rage Live show video downloads:
Brielport, Belgium 6/6/93
Coachella 10/10/99
Tibetan Freedom Concert 6/13/99
The Battle of Korea 6/21/00
Rock the Bells in NY 7/28/07
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2020 - 04:25 AM