Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Genetically Modified
SweatShopUnionRu...
post Jan 17 2004, 11:29 AM
Post #1

huh?

Group: Activist
Member No.: 923

Creating genetically modified food, to me sounds dangerious because i know already monsanto is having problems with their grain and canola (the round up ready type) because it is spreading and they are finding it too hard to control.

however i believe they do need to research genetic engineering more because without it the human race will plunge into a lessened state of existence. worse yet is its because of left wing civil rights veiws... :@

i am a supporter of all left wing veiws, but if we don't take steps to clean the gene pool then certain problems will, as we can see now, begin to emerge in larger numbers. the reason why this is happenening is due to darwinism, or "the best suited survive" meaning the most well adapted survive. however with the creation of glasses, and new medication to help fight certain genetic disease we allow certain problems nature would remove to multiply in the human gene pool.

the net result would be degradation of eye sight, higher risks of disease such as diabeities or cancer, etc....

unfortunately darwinsim is almost fact (if not proven) and the other alternative to genetic modification is Nazi style sterilization and such (not something i would consider) or the ultimate fall of humanity, or atleast from a civil society like we have somewhat become.

anyways post your replies plz i know most wont agree with me but this rant wasn't meant to offened anyone.

--------------------
"Like a doberman chompin' on a cat; It's the New World Order, and their bombing on Iraq. And it's so fucking heartless, the whole country's starved, and yet they've been targetted as a threat reguardless."
-Sweatshop Union
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Straycat
post Jan 18 2004, 02:16 AM
Post #2

WHO KILLED BAMBI?

Member No.: 1,487

not only we created "glasses and new medication" but also we changed our environment...the one who survive will be the one who is the best suited for this particular changed environment. our genes modify to help us live in it. a lot of people is short sighted because human eyes had too little time to switch from the natural "look as far as possible" mode to the unnatural "look at your book/computer" mode-in just about 100 years. but i read that as soon as our eyes get genetically accustomed to this new situation we may not have any more problems with our sight..

...i believe in mother nature, she created the whole stuff, she knows what she's doin..humans do a lot of mistakes, we shouldnt play with genetics...we're just rookies in here..and already screwed up a lot of things...

--------------------
user posted image
I've got a gun you know, and I'd use it,
I wouldn't....I wouldn't I can't get it out you know,
What I mean, if I got a gun, I would use it,
But maybe I would, but maybe I wouldn't...

+Quote Post
regilas
post Jan 18 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #3

Writer

Member No.: 929

Dude, I was gonna start this thread! w00t2.gif
Here's my thought, but for those evolutionists, you probably wouldn't like it, so I'll give it from both perspectives.

Christian perspective:
Basically, scientists have decided that God has not done a good enough job in creating this world, and thus they've decided to embark on a mission to make things grow faster, or last longer, etc. Rediculous.

Evolutionist perspective:
We've decided that we're sick of the same old food. Time to mess with the DNA of another plant and make it into something more worthwhile. We can save money like this and even gain more money like this.

Even worse:
No labels. REALLY, no labels on the GMO foods. That's like Mad Cow, which may have been started, but if not, I'll get it started soon. They don't want to label it because it doesn't save money, it loses it, and we're back to that old natural shit.

--------------------
A world this evil should be black, blind, and deaf, and without any feelings at all. Then there won't be any color to be seen, no hatred to be heard, and no pain to be felt.
- Anne Moody.

The simplest man or woman with passion will be more persuasive than the most eloquent without.
- Descartes

+Quote Post
SweatShopUnionRu...
post Jan 19 2004, 12:26 AM
Post #4

huh?

Member No.: 923

i never said i agreed with Genetically modified food, like i said some of it is out of control, and it should be put on all labels if it is modified. as far as doing more research and using it to fix problem that our bodies have in the future (when we know more about it) im for it.

asfar as adapting:
when we have huge cold epidemics soon to come because of overuse of anti-biotics and we need to find another way to fight off these bugs other than antibiotics and medication.

and if mother nature knew what she was doing, than shouldn't we go back to caves and hunt for our food? because i don't think she intended for us to make glasses, or to create the computer, or craft the things that most of what our lives deal with.

This post has been edited by SweatShopUnionRules: Jan 19 2004, 12:27 AM

--------------------
"Like a doberman chompin' on a cat; It's the New World Order, and their bombing on Iraq. And it's so fucking heartless, the whole country's starved, and yet they've been targetted as a threat reguardless."
-Sweatshop Union

+Quote Post
Straycat
post Jan 19 2004, 03:14 AM
Post #5

WHO KILLED BAMBI?

Member No.: 1,487

QUOTE (SweatShopUnionRules @ Jan 19 2004, 08:26 AM)

and if mother nature knew what she was doing, than shouldn't we go back to caves and hunt for our food? because i don't think she intended for us to make glasses, or to create the computer, or craft the things that most of what our lives deal with.

come on-we re still in caves and huntin 4 food-but now we call it "houses" and "shopping"
and if we create glasses and computers it means that to some extend it's natural 4 us.

it's the consequence of having 'exuberant brains".
using it we're just tryin to survive, like the other animals.
and whatever you do youre driven by the laws of nature. free will is not free.all natural.

This post has been edited by Straycat: Jan 19 2004, 03:18 AM

--------------------
user posted image
I've got a gun you know, and I'd use it,
I wouldn't....I wouldn't I can't get it out you know,
What I mean, if I got a gun, I would use it,
But maybe I would, but maybe I wouldn't...

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Feb 8 2004, 12:16 PM
Post #6

Freedom Fighter

Member No.: 1,603

i know

--------------------
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
swingmachete
post Feb 19 2004, 08:25 AM
Post #7

Activist

Member No.: 1,086

i only eat locally grown organic food.

DON'T FUCK WITH MY FOOD!

+Quote Post
Black_n_red_flag
post Mar 20 2004, 02:59 AM
Post #8

Comrade_Siret

Member No.: 1,483

I only eat organic + fair trade if it's exotic, I disagree with GMO because I love everything natural and unchemical, that might also have a link to why i rather hearing music live to once it has been pefected... unsure.gif

--------------------
I'm A Poet, And I Know it, And I Hope I Don't Blow It
Comrade Siret, Comrade Sheep, Comrade Rob

+Quote Post
devine oblivion
post Mar 20 2004, 02:34 PM
Post #9

Activist

Member No.: 1,851

i think it is kinda wrong to put it tht way "mother nature didnt 'intended' us to make computers & stuff".

If you put it tht way, it seems as if mother nature is some higher force, some god, 'cus wht 's the difference between a god or a higher force ? wht is mother nature ?

to me mother nature is a system, a circle, nature is everything and nothing, she didnt create anything, she just IS... she evolves, constantly, growing, changing...it's not like she is out there somewhere, it's not like she created this universe and then went back home, she IS the universe. if she would create or 'intend' things, she would be a god... she doesnt have a 'will', apart from the will to SURVIVE.
at least tht's my point of view

and so from my point of view of mother nature, we are some kind of mistake, breaking the circle, smaching the eternal circle of life to pieces with our brains...it's all about our conscious, our brainpower, our reason
you see without us, the circle was forever complete and eternal, she was perfect :
it was a constant flow, like a river coming down from a mountain, eternal, fauna & flora lived in perfect harmony, the animals and the plants took wht the needed and were taken when they were needed...all lived togheter forever, eating eachtother, giving birth to eachtother...
but then the apes evolved : the human race was born, the reason was born...
all was lost, we take more then we need, we rape and abuse the fauna and flora, to satisfy tht wht they dont have : lust, our will to dominate all other life. unlike the other parts of the circle we tend to kill for no reason, we take wht we dont need, we like, we feel, we want, we ARE... , we are creating our own circles, we are building cities and 'societies', we use tools, we make ourselfs dependend, we are the only creatures who are not able to live on our own, we have become totally dependend, we are weak and vulnerable, so there is only one thing to do : to dominate all the others, to control the circle, to grow outside of the circle, to grow beyond the circle, th grow above the circle ... apperantly we cant handle it, we lost control, we are exterminating ourselfs. maybe tht's the way the circle will once be whole again : the day man has destroyed himself, the day the reason has died...
the problem is we inherited the will to survive, so actually we are quite perfect : reason + will to survive. which makes it very unlikely the human race will one day seize to exist, which makes it impossible for the circle to be whole again...

when i re-read this, i realise there are a lot of things the need to be changed and replaced, but i am to tired right now, i tried to write down wht i feel inside, with primitive words... i really hope u understand, i'll get back on this

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Mar 27 2004, 02:50 PM
Post #10

Freedom Fighter

genetically modified crops are a way of helping the farmers who despratly need help these days cos they gets shit wages. the only downside i can see is the damige to the naturaly enviroment and wildlife which we need to do something about not like bush who pulled your country right out of the green peace thing and the research into making the world a cleaner place as soon as he came to power which turned me against him from the start.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
DTA
post Mar 27 2004, 03:10 PM
Post #11

delinquent
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 250

QUOTE (devine oblivion @ Mar 20 2004, 10:34 PM)

i think it is kinda wrong to put it tht way "mother nature didnt 'intended' us to make computers & stuff".

If you put it tht way, it seems as if mother nature is some higher force, some god, 'cus wht 's the difference between a god or a higher force ? wht is mother nature ?

to me mother nature is a system, a circle, nature is everything and nothing, she didnt create anything, she just IS... she evolves, constantly, growing, changing...it's not like she is out there somewhere, it's not like she created this universe and then went back home, she IS the universe. if she would create or 'intend' things, she would be a god... she doesnt have a 'will', apart from the will to SURVIVE.
at least tht's my point of view

and so from my point of view of mother nature, we are some kind of mistake, breaking the circle, smaching the eternal circle of life to pieces with our brains...it's all about our conscious, our brainpower, our reason
you see without us, the circle was forever complete and eternal, she was perfect :
it was a constant flow, like a river coming down from a mountain, eternal, fauna & flora lived in perfect harmony, the animals and the plants took wht the needed and were taken when they were needed...all lived togheter forever, eating eachtother, giving birth to eachtother...
but then the apes evolved : the human race was born, the reason was born...
all was lost, we take more then we need, we rape and abuse the fauna and flora, to satisfy tht wht they dont have : lust, our will to dominate all other life. unlike the other parts of the circle we tend to kill for no reason, we take wht we dont need, we like, we feel, we want, we ARE... , we are creating our own circles, we are building cities and 'societies', we use tools, we make ourselfs dependend, we are the only creatures who are not able to live on our own, we have become totally dependend, we are weak and vulnerable, so there is only one thing to do : to dominate all the others, to control the circle, to grow outside of the circle, to grow beyond the circle, th grow above the circle ... apperantly we cant handle it, we lost control, we are exterminating ourselfs. maybe tht's the way the circle will once be whole again : the day man has destroyed himself, the day the reason has died...
the problem is we inherited the will to survive, so actually we are quite perfect : reason + will to survive. which makes it very unlikely the human race will one day seize to exist, which makes it impossible for the circle to be whole again...

when i re-read this, i realise there are a lot of things the need to be changed and replaced, but i am to tired right now, i tried to write down wht i feel inside, with primitive words... i really hope u understand, i'll get back on this

i feel some what like that i just couldnt put it in words

--------------------

+Quote Post
devine oblivion
post Mar 27 2004, 03:21 PM
Post #12

Activist

Member No.: 1,851

genetically modified crops are a way of helping the farmers who despratly need help these days cos they gets shit wages.

well tht's bullshit !
sorry dont want to offend nobody, but genetically modifying food, in stead of raising wages ? we shouldnt be playing god to make things 'better', making things 'better' means making them cheaper in the capitalistic system, hands of of nature !

+Quote Post
Banksy
post Mar 29 2004, 11:04 AM
Post #13

Freedom Fighter

yeah that is true but still we live in a greedy society if we make things cheeper the farmers will become richer but they wont stop growing GM crops because they know they can get larger yields and grow through out the year. you can get rid of one problem by giving the famers the wealth they deserve but it wont solve the problem of GM crops being grwon.

--------------------
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2020 - 07:47 PM