> Zack And Violence
xAshleighx
post Feb 3 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #46

Junior Activist

Group: Activist
Member No.: 6,383

[quote name='duby' date='Feb 21 2007, 08:42 PM' post='203682']
Okay chicks n dudes. What's your take on Calm Like a bomb (last 2 lines) and RATM's cover of NWA's 'Fuck tha Police.'
Violence or something else?

C.L.A.B. What your opions on the last two lines?

'There's a mass without roofs
There's a prison to fill
There's a country's soul that reads post no bills
There's a strike and a line of cops outside of tha mill
There's a right to obey
And there's a right to kill
There's a mass without roofs
There's a prison to fill
There's a country's soul that reads post no bills
There's a strike and a line of cops outside of tha mill
There's a right to obey
And there's a right to kill'

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i think those lines mean like the way the "system's"
set has left a heap of homeless people and as the system is the way it is, with the whole jail system, it only but has to also be set up so that people and other people that i would consider innocent will be imprisoned for certian group's benefits. The true essence of human beings, our energy feilds, as a country it would be all of our energy together would be considered as the countries soul, which knows that the system, the way it's set- must go to school, finish the 13 years, go to university, get a job and give a third away of your earning to the government with very little space to figure out who we are, a personal interpretation of why we're here, figure out what we're most passionate about and go for it without being limited by public opinion. Our soul's do not resinate with bills! Our spiritual, raw selfs know that it's a scam!! lol. Yeah. So like you clear your mind and open your eyes, having heroic, daring passion to go and partake in the change, the man wants his money, his power, he aint happy and then there's a bunch of police officers, rubbing their twisted egos, abusing their power. The lines "there's a right to obey and a right to kill" i think means within our hearts, our true, non dogmatic selfs have the option and power to obey the laws truly but in saying that to the exact same degree, there is also the same power and will to kill. Not that i would even kill an ant, i think it's saying that who is to say what is right and what is wrong. Accross the world morals and values shockingly differ, not noone truly knows what is right and wrong. I think that line is the exaggerated version of this point saying just as the current government systems can be considered "right", that we do have the power to fully agree, just as there is people out their im sure that believe no
bad in killing and also have complete faith in its purity. I see that line as kind of like 'yes i have the power to will my conformity, we also have the power to will the taking of another's life. Who knows it isnt right to kill and who knows if its right to conform to the government to feed the egotistic power battle. It's saying who's to say what's right and what's wrong. Not saying that killing is right, just that who really knows. Maybe that's what it means.. maybe not smile.gif If this makes sence please someone tell me!! If not please challenge me so i can clarify what im trying to say smile.gif

This post has been edited by xAshleighx: Feb 4 2008, 03:31 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lovie
post Feb 4 2008, 08:25 AM
Post #47

Urban Guerrilla

Member No.: 6,318

it makes perfect sense to me .. I get it

+Quote Post
Wade
post Feb 8 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #48

Junior Activist

Member No.: 6,345

Yeah, just to second what everyone else has said, Rage often mentions Dr. Martin Luther King in their songs, who, as most know, was an advocate for nonviolent protest. Rage doesnt promote violence, but rather discourage it for the chance of becoming like all those who RATM hates. As they say in Guerrilla Radio "A decade of the weapon of sound above ground." Their weapon is sound, not their fists.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lovie
post Feb 8 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #49

Urban Guerrilla

"Word is born .. fight the war FUC THE NORM"

Words are their weapons .. word is a very powerful weapon

+Quote Post
Wade
post Feb 8 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #50

Junior Activist

Member No.: 6,345

QUOTE (Lovie @ Feb 8 2008, 06:58 PM) *
"Word is born .. fight the war FUC THE NORM"

Words are their weapons .. word is a very powerful weapon

"Beneath the rule of men entirely great..." (or not so great) "...the pen is indeed mightier than the sword."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lovie
post Feb 9 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #51

Urban Guerrilla

"..and THE WORD was with GOD .. and the word WAS GOD .. " Gospel of John

+Quote Post