Closed TopicStart new topic
> Animal Rights, your thoughts
PessimisticPacif...
post Jun 30 2005, 10:02 AM
Post #121

Revolutionairy in Training

Group: Activist
Member No.: 2,448

I like to eat meat. It tastes good. Cows sit around an graze all day; at least by eatting them and drinking their milk we give them SOME purpose in life.

Any vegetarians or vegans around? How many of you show the same passion for cows and chickens as you do for mosquitos or spiders?

This post has been edited by PessimisticPacifist: Jun 30 2005, 10:04 AM

--------------------
I have an American Dream; but it involves black masks and gasoline. One day I'll turn these thoughts into screams in a world that turned its back down on me. --- Rise Against
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lostphoenix
post Jun 30 2005, 10:55 AM
Post #122

soul rebel

Member No.: 3,077

i am vegetarian and had been vegan for a year or so last year.

i don't look down at meat eaters, and neither i find it fair of people who choose to eat meat to look down at vegetarians. it's up to you what you eat and i respect your choices, to me they're not ethical or healthy, but its your choice and your freedom to eat it and its to be respected without giving you lectures or belittling your choice. who knows who is right and who is wrong...therefore allow yourself to be either and refrain from judging.

i catch the spiders and put them out of window. they crawl back, and get homeless again. but then when they were created there were no human homes and nature is a home also, more then human home ha. mosquitos are not common in england and i'd be shit at catching them anyway...

and its not even the object PP of going oh you veggies kill spiders, you're hypocrits, its minimazing one's making of damage upon the earth.

if you think that animals were born with the only purpose to feed you, go on believing that, but to me,its like saying you were born with a purpose for goverment to send you to war or make money off you.

This post has been edited by Lostphoenix: Jun 30 2005, 10:56 AM

--------------------
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

+Quote Post
PessimisticPacif...
post Jun 30 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #123

if you think that animals were born with the only purpose to feed you, go on believing that

Mosquito's are just as useless as cows. If mosquito's were as filling and tasty as a steak, I'd be eatting them as well; unfortunately that's not the case.

Besides giving milk, meat, and providing entertainment when tipped, provide me with another purpose cows serve on this earth? To be loveable pets?

If you feel I'm belittling you, please say so... it's not my intent. I'm just arguing the pro-meat side of things and I would like to hear a vegetarian/vegans point of view as well :-)

--------------------
I have an American Dream; but it involves black masks and gasoline. One day I'll turn these thoughts into screams in a world that turned its back down on me. --- Rise Against

+Quote Post
PessimisticPacif...
post Jun 30 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #124

If Animal Rights activists stopped worrying about Betsy the Cow and worried more about the starving children in Africa, perhaps we'd live in a better world. People seem to have a problem with prioritization. I feel Human Rights should be perfected before we even consider helping the poor chicken that went into my sandwhich.

--------------------

+Quote Post
freedom_mumia
post Jun 30 2005, 11:15 AM
Post #125

Truth Advocate

Member No.: 2,511

What happened to survival of the fittest?

--------------------
La ilaha il'Allah

George Orwell:
"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

+Quote Post
PessimisticPacif...
post Jun 30 2005, 11:21 AM
Post #126

What happened to survival of the fittest?

I'm not a Social Darwinist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lostphoenix
post Jun 30 2005, 11:50 AM
Post #127

soul rebel

QUOTE(PessimisticPacifist @ Jun 30 2005, 07:06 PM)
If Animal Rights activists stopped worrying about Betsy the Cow and worried more about the starving children in Africa, perhaps we'd live in a better world. People seem to have a problem with prioritization. I feel Human Rights should be perfected before we even consider helping the poor chicken that went into my sandwhich.
[right][snapback]180757[/snapback][/right]

please don't put all vegetarians in the same bag with the people you are talking about, that's generalisation. you find many people working in the charities working with and for african children vegetarian too...i myself am part of a program that helps children in unfortunate parts of the world. so obviously Vegetarians DO care about human rights too.

meat rots in your intestines for duration of seven years, while eating meat you are eating chemicals that were released at the moment of the death, if it was fearful and painful death, you are putting more adrenalin and chemicals associated with fear into your system. you are putting in food that takes your body 70% of energy just to digest...still your choice, still a choice to be respected and not to belittle or generalise. i stress its still your choice and you are entitled to it and i can respect it without trying to put point across that put you in the same bag with anybody of your camp who takes meat eating a point beyond.

you can eat as many chickens as you like, my choice is not to eat that and that's my choice. doesn't make me disqualify or belittle the reasons for which you eat meat.

This post has been edited by Lostphoenix: Jun 30 2005, 11:53 AM

--------------------
Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

+Quote Post
PessimisticPacif...
post Jun 30 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #128

please don't put all vegetarians in the same bag with the people you are talking about, that's generalisation.

Read my post again; not once did I use the term vegetarian. So please, read what I say before you accuse me of generalizing vegetarians. A vegetarian isn't necessarily an Animals Rights Activist, but an Animals Rights Activist HAS to be a vegetarian, or a hypocrit. That's the difference, and that's where you're mistaken on what I said.

so obviously Vegetarians DO care about human rights too.

Yes, and so can Animal Rights Activists, I wasn't claiming otherwise. I just feel it's a waste of time and energy to be focusing on the lives of cows while thousands of PEOPLE are dying daily due to malnutrition and poverty.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lostphoenix
post Jun 30 2005, 11:22 PM
Post #129

soul rebel

QUOTE(PessimisticPacifist @ Jun 30 2005, 06:02 PM)
I like to eat meat. It tastes good. Cows sit around an graze all day; at least by eatting them and drinking their milk we give them SOME purpose in life.

Any vegetarians or vegans around? How many of you show the same passion for cows and chickens as you do for mosquitos or spiders?
[right][snapback]180745[/snapback][/right]

you have mentioned vegetarians and vegans, maybe you don't read your own posts. plus this question is so fucking annoying as if i said to you.... kill is a kill and when you eat meat you are taking life away from this planet. actually not as annoying...you're trying to imply hypocricy while completely misunderstanding concept of ethical vegetarians or vegans.

so if you in that post talk about vegetarians and vegans as if they care about cows/chickens above everything else and then make a statement about animal rights activists of same meaning...they care more about animals then human beings, you're still putting people in the same bag...i'm sorry...

who says if you fight for one cause you neglect the others?

i campained for stop of vivisection and disgusting treatment of animals in a lab, not by violent means as some animal rights activists, but with the peaceful fraction, and many other enviromental issues. AS WELL AS THE causes in africa.

if you care about the world, you care about ALL beings within it...not give a shit about just species that are your own.

i think its wasting energy if one is just fight for humans and not for the world we live in...at the same time. do you think you'll be alive when Earth is destroyed? or are you so divorced from the fact that we are dependent on our enviroment and the technology is not what gives you the air to breathe, the food you eat maybe harnessed by technology, but you still need nature. you need this planet and all that belongs to her.

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2020 - 04:55 AM