Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm Offended!
Moremi
post Jun 11 2003, 01:50 PM
Post #16

I what do! Eat drums!

Group: Activist
Member No.: 26

I don't know why the thread was moved or locked but I am assuming it was done because it is spam.

I don't think myself or other board members who slammed him were being judgmental or closed minded. The entire Bible is full of judgments! His post was full of judgments! Maybe you can't see that because that is your faith but this community is made up of more than Christians, be respectful and mindful of that. Don't go around calling people sinners or saying we must accept Jesus Christ in order to be saved. That's asking for a fight.

Another thing, about race and religion - one is a choice the other is not. Would you put an atheist and racist in the same category?

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheShootingStar
post Jun 11 2003, 04:06 PM
Post #17

Freedom Advocate

Member No.: 352

QUOTE (SilverTongue @ Jun 11 2003, 10:42 AM)
Yeah, Zack has me brainwashed laughing.gif Even if I was, it's better to be brainwashed by a great man with good values, than something that drives people to hate and persecute i.e. religion.

Surely you know about the Christian crusades, like centuries ago? They set out to "cleanse the East", and "reclaim what was theirs". They slaughtered and killed masses of Muslims in their path to Bethlehem. Christianity is still the same, so I can see a psychotic killer "in the name of Christ" in all Bible followers. Hell, if your local community of Christains suddenly decided to cleanse your area from "disgusting" homosexuality, and hunted them down and burn them, would you not take part and leave yourself out?

I'm confused are you saying that Christianity drives people to persecute and hate religion??? If this is what your sayin.. You couldn't be more wrong..

Now about your post about Christians and how they still go around and kill Muslims today.. I'm not believing that at all.. When Christians go reclaim whats theirs.. They go and spread their word.. Not kill people man.. If they do kill people, then they are obviously not christians.. But, on a side note there are countries out there.. Where Christians can't even spread their word today!!! If they do they will be arrested!! So, what you think about that one??? I know your a big Rage fan and probably don't think nobody's voice should be silenced right?!?!?

Now about this whole if your neighborhood christians were to cleanse out your neighborhood of homosexuals and burn them would I take part?!?!? Man, start thinking before you post!!!! wink.gif In my post before I said if you are for homosexuals thats YOUR thing.. I said I don't hate them.. I just don't support it.. So, if I don't hate them.. Why would I burn them and try to kill them??? It goes against everything my religion is about... Are you homosexual??? Because you keep bringing it up like you are and this has been done to you before??? If your not.. Why keep bringing this up?? It seems like your just trying to find something negative about being a Christian and criticize it to the MAX!!!!

+Quote Post
TheShootingStar
post Jun 11 2003, 04:36 PM
Post #18

Freedom Advocate

QUOTE (SilverTongue @ Jun 11 2003, 11:02 AM)
I really don't want to offend Shooting Star, I am probably generalising too much between fanatics and moderates. A couple of (unofficially former) friends of mine are bordering fantic. They've tried a few times to make me a Christian like them, and have tricked me into going to one of their youth gatherings (man, I've never been more spooked  :ono: ).

Since then, I've kinda built a hatred for all things Christian, and a love for all things that piss them off. I'm one myself, only very light. I believe in Jesus and a God, but not the Bible. I believe, so I am forgiven right? But all I get is"oh the Bible says" and shit, like I've gotta become a brainless follower. Jesus didn't want that! I haven't sinned, yet since I'm not a Bible follower, I'm a sinner wacko.gif !. However, a Bible basher like Bush who is obviously an evil fuck, is going to heaven, as he is so great and wonderful, God bless the Christian crusader machine that is the USA!

First of all.. Whats up with all this I keep hearing about Christian friends trying to trick you into going youth gatherings?!?!? laugh.gif

Man, I ask people to come to church with me sometimes.. I don't do it as much anymore though.. In the past I asked people to come out (NOT FORCING THEM though).. If they say no.. Then its like ok.. its cool.. If they say they will.. its cool.. But, there is a problem when they say they will never don't.. I don't appreciate that.. lol.. But anyways, yeah i admit there are Christians out there that try and force you to become a christian (I don't like the way they do that.. either).. but, not me though.. If you want to know about my religion.. I will tell u about it.. But, I'm not going to attack you though and try to make you do anything.. As a christian, its my duty to speak the word and let everybody know because when the time comes I will be accountable for everything I did while I was down here on earth..

But, yeah I just want to let u know about it, so when the time comes you can't never say u wasn't told by anybody.. ya know?? Your a grown man (or woman) and the only person who can make your decisions for you is you.. ya know???

This post has been edited by TheShootingStar: Jun 11 2003, 04:39 PM

+Quote Post
TheShootingStar
post Jun 11 2003, 05:15 PM
Post #19

Freedom Advocate

QUOTE (ZDLRfan @ Jun 11 2003, 09:50 PM)
I don't think myself or other board members who slammed him were being judgmental or closed minded. The entire Bible is full of judgments! His post was full of judgments! Maybe you can't see that because that is your faith but this community is made up of more than Christians, be respectful and mindful of that. Don't go around calling people sinners or saying we must accept Jesus Christ in order to be saved. That's asking for a fight.

Ok this is the direct quote from proudAmerican..

"Hey everybody. It's my pleasure to be able to talk to you all about the love of God, and His son Jesus Christ, who gave His life as a living sacrifice for your sins, so that as long as you believe in Him and ask for fogiveness of your sins, you will be saved. Let me tell you it is the best decision you could ever make in your life. It has changed my life dramatically, and I couldn't live without Christ in my life. GOD bless.My Webpage use this link if you'd like to learn more about God's amazing gift. "

Ok, there was NOTHING in that post that was offensive!!! wink.gif

Only thing proudAmerican did was made a statement about how he is proud to be saved and what you need to do to be saved.. He gave a link to his site if you wanted to learn MORE about it.. wink.gif He wasn't forcing nobody to do nothin!! I don't think you understand what force is.. He didn't put a gun up to your head and say your going to read this and click on this link OR ELSE.. smile.gif You chose to read the statement yourself (not by force).. If you call that force then man oh man.. I don't even know what to say.. What you don't understand (most likely because you are not saved) is that this is the way things are basically said in the Bible and in our religion your considered a "sinner" or a term a lot of christians like to use is the word "lost" if your not saved.. He wasn't being judgemental by any means, so just relax.. Yeah, this site is made up of more than just Christians, but at the same time some comments that were made were very offensive and un-called for towards his statement and people need to be respectul and mindful of that too.. I know if somebody would of said something about being gay, or somebody even mentioning the word nigga, people would of been having a cow about how offended they were and then we would have topics larger than.. Zack gets a solid 9.. wink.gif So, with this said.. God Bless and have a nice day...

wavenew.gif

This post has been edited by TheShootingStar: Jun 11 2003, 05:23 PM

+Quote Post
cosmic
post Jun 11 2003, 07:08 PM
Post #20

Magneto, alpha(E/H)^2
Group Icon

Group: ZDLRNet Admin
Member No.: 1

I closed the topic to calm the situation down at the moment. It definately sounded like some spam to me then. Its open again.

Personally, I don't like feeling "less" because I'm liberal minded. That was my first reaction to the post. The "push" was definately there. On that persons second thread, they say "God still loves you", what's that supposed to mean?

I didn't do anything wrong. huh.gif

cosmic

ps - i am christian too

--------------------

Classic

+Quote Post
TheShootingStar
post Jun 11 2003, 07:24 PM
Post #21

Freedom Advocate

^ I'm don't know what he ment by God still loves you.. I'm guessing no matter what your opinions are about things or religion maybe???? Not too sure..

+Quote Post
Radisshu
post Jun 11 2003, 08:25 PM
Post #22

Radish Anarchist

Member No.: 286

QUOTE (SilverTongue @ Jun 11 2003, 09:25 AM)

Shooting Star, I cannot believe you are truly a Christian? Coz Christians hate Rage as they are so closed minded. The Evanesce lead singer was raised a Christian, and started out making Christian punk, but said the whole scene was completely closed minded to any other form of music. If you a Christian, do you believe in equal rights for all, like homosexuals for instance, which are discriminated against by the Church and the system?

man, saying THAT is narrow-minded

you can't say "all christians/jewish/muslims hate this/want that/does that..."
fuck, we're *individuals!*

--------------------
revolution is impossible if the majority isn't for it. first we need to make them realize.

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Jun 11 2003, 09:28 PM
Post #23

I what do! Eat drums!

QUOTE (TheShootingStar @ Jun 11 2003, 09:15 PM)
Ok this is the direct quote from proudAmerican..

"Hey everybody. It's my pleasure to be able to talk to you all about the love of God, and His son Jesus Christ, who gave His life as a living sacrifice for your sins, so that as long as you believe in Him and ask for fogiveness of your sins, you will be saved. Let me tell you it is the best decision you could ever make in your life. It has changed my life dramatically, and I couldn't live without Christ in my life. GOD bless.My Webpage use this link if you'd like to learn more about God's amazing gift. "

Ok, there was NOTHING in that post that was offensive!!!  ;)  

Only thing proudAmerican did was made a statement about how he is proud to be saved and what you need to do to be saved..  He gave a link to his site if you wanted to learn MORE about it..  ;)

There was nothing offensive there, to you.
But that post can also be interpreted this way: "Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and your Savior or you're going to hell." Am I wrong?

"As long as you believe in him and ask for forgiveness of your sins, you will be saved." - proudAmerican

So then what are you saying about the Muslims, Jews, Buddhist, etc. ? unsure.gif

He wasn't forcing nobody to do nothin!! I don't think you understand what force is..

I never said anything about force. Those are your words.

He didn't put a gun up to your head and say your going to read this and click on this link OR ELSE.. smile.gif You chose to read the statement yourself (not by force)..

The thread was created in a forum where I am a mod. That's why I read it.

If you call that force then man oh man.. I don't even know what to say..

wacko.gif

What you don't understand (most likely because you are not saved) is that this is the way things are basically said in the Bible and in our religion your cnsidered a "sinner" or a term a lot of christians like to use is the word "lost" if your not saved..

You don't know what I do or don't understand and you don't know what my religious beliefs are or if I have any because I have not shared that information with you and I won't because it's none of your freaking business. What I will tell you, is that my family and friends are made up various religious groups. My mom is a Christian. My dad is a Muslim. You don't know the scope of my religious tolerance! I don't have hatred for any religion. I believe there are many paths to God and as long as you treat people the way you want to be treated, you're cool with me. I won't force my beliefs on you.

He wasn't being judgemental by any means, so just relax..

Of course he was. You should visit the links area and read his posts again.

Yeah, this site is made up of more than just Christians, but at the same time some comments that were made were very offensive and un-called for towards his statement and people need to be respectul and mindful of that too.. I know if somebody would of said something about being gay, or somebody even mentioning the word nigga, people would of been having a cow about how offended they were and then we would have topics larger than.. Zack gets a solid 9.. wink.gif So, with this said.. God Bless and have a nice day...

No one said being a Christian was wrong or a evil thing. But the fact is, saying someone is not saved or calling people sinners, is insulting to some people. Maybe you don't see that because the only religion you know is Christianity. Anyway, I've said my peace. God bless you also. wavenew.gif

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
zapatista
post Jun 11 2003, 09:43 PM
Post #24

är du också likgiltig?

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 188

eh...it's just his view...damn. Will any of us really know what's goin to happen till we die?

I don't know... unsure.gif

I feel that the most important thing is we try and be the best people that we can, and treat each other the way we would want to be treated...I'm seeing a little slack on the board in that area...I know that's because everyone here has stronge beliefes...but we just got to remember..in this life we have only each other.

NOW...how about that group hug! laugh.gif

--------------------
Hey we got the PMA. Hey we got the PMA.

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Jun 11 2003, 10:03 PM
Post #25

I what do! Eat drums!

QUOTE (zapatista @ Jun 12 2003, 01:43 AM)
eh...it's just his view...damn. Will any of us really know what's goin to happen till we die?

I don't know... unsure.gif

We're all entitled to our opinions.

I feel that the most important thing is we try and be the best people that we can, and treat each other the way we would want to be treated...

That's what my parents always told me embar.gif
I've also heard it this way, "The best religion is to do unto others as you would have others do unto you." That doesn't even have a label. Just be a good person.

I'm seeing a little slack on the board in that area...I know that's because everyone here has stronge beliefes...but we just got to remember..in this life we have only each other.

Actually, this board is a lot more friendly than most boards. About a million times more friendly than ratm.com and about a billion times more friendly than the Audioslave board. I think we're doing pretty good smile2.gif It's normal to get touchy sometimes, we're human.

NOW...how about that group hug! laugh.gif

grouphug.gif

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
Moremi
post Jun 11 2003, 10:35 PM
Post #26

I what do! Eat drums!

It's very early wacko.gif

But you get what I'm saying tongue.gif

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
zapatista
post Jun 11 2003, 10:44 PM
Post #27

är du också likgiltig?

Member No.: 188

QUOTE (ZDLRfan @ Jun 12 2003, 06:03 AM)
I'm seeing a little slack on the board in that area...I know that's because everyone here has stronge beliefes...but we just got to remember..in this life we have only each other.

Actually, this board is a lot more friendly than most boards. About a million times more friendly than ratm.com and about a billion times more friendly than the Audioslave board. I think we're doing pretty good smile2.gif It's normal to get touchy sometimes, we're human.

How true! I was including me in that statement to...i'm guilty! cry.gif

aww luv ya guys!
embar.gif

--------------------
Hey we got the PMA. Hey we got the PMA.

+Quote Post
SilverTongue
post Jun 12 2003, 03:28 AM
Post #28

Urban Guerrilla

Member No.: 152

QUOTE (TheShootingStar @ Jun 12 2003, 12:06 AM)
QUOTE (SilverTongue @ Jun 11 2003, 10:42 AM)
Yeah, Zack has me brainwashed  :anla:  Even if I was, it's better to be brainwashed by a great man with good values, than something that drives people to hate and persecute i.e. religion.

Surely you know about the Christian crusades, like centuries ago? They set out to "cleanse the East", and "reclaim what was theirs". They slaughtered and killed masses of Muslims in their path to Bethlehem. Christianity is still the same, so I can see a psychotic killer "in the name of Christ" in all Bible followers. Hell, if your local community of Christains suddenly decided to cleanse your area from "disgusting" homosexuality, and hunted them down and burn them, would you not take part and leave yourself out?

I'm confused are you saying that Christianity drives people to persecute and hate religion??? If this is what your sayin.. You couldn't be more wrong..

Now about your post about Christians and how they still go around and kill Muslims today.. I'm not believing that at all.. When Christians go reclaim whats theirs.. They go and spread their word.. Not kill people man.. If they do kill people, then they are obviously not christians.. But, on a side note there are countries out there.. Where Christians can't even spread their word today!!! If they do they will be arrested!! So, what you think about that one??? I know your a big Rage fan and probably don't think nobody's voice should be silenced right?!?!?

Now about this whole if your neighborhood christians were to cleanse out your neighborhood of homosexuals and burn them would I take part?!?!? Man, start thinking before you post!!!! wink.gif In my post before I said if you are for homosexuals thats YOUR thing.. I said I don't hate them.. I just don't support it.. So, if I don't hate them.. Why would I burn them and try to kill them??? It goes against everything my religion is about... Are you homosexual??? Because you keep bringing it up like you are and this has been done to you before??? If your not.. Why keep bringing this up?? It seems like your just trying to find something negative about being a Christian and criticize it to the MAX!!!!

No, I'm not homosexual, but that doesn't mean I can't support equal rights for them. Just coz I'm white, doesn't mean I can't hate racism against blacks. So, coz I'm hetero, doesn't mean I can't be against homophobia/anti-gay. I've got 1 homosexual mate, and he is just cool as hell, real top bloke. He tells me sometimes of the shit he has had to face from prejudiced peeps, so I know quite well about them. I'm not simply using it as a way to attack Christianity. I have genuinly strong feelings about the issue. I mean, an Orthadox priest threatened tATu live on a talk show with eternal damnation and hellfire! Such fanatical insanity pisses me off. I'm not saying your like this, as you seem moderate. I probably have been generalising too much between fanatics and moderates. But you can see why I am pretty strongly against religion, as I want equal rights and acceptance for all.

Yes, I am a big Rage fan, so I don't want anyone to be silenced, except those who have beliefs and act in a way that contribute to the silencing of others.

--------------------
"Many people say it is insane to resist the system, but actually, it is insane not to"
- Mumia Abu Jamal.

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin.

"We need a new system of values, a system of the organic unity between mankind and nature, and the ethic of global responsibility" - Mikhail Gorbachev.

"Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains" - Vladimir Putin.

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise"
- Adolf Hitler.

"My object in life is to dethrone God and destroy capitalism" - Karl Marx.

"One of the basic conditions for the victory of socialism is the arming of the workers and the disarming of the bourgeoisie" - Vladimir Ilich Lenin.

+Quote Post
Renegades
post Jun 12 2003, 04:20 AM
Post #29

Estou perdido...

Member No.: 20

Fuck this is all to much to take in tonight... I'll come back later.

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
rev79
post Jun 12 2003, 09:56 AM
Post #30

Nun Chuka Kata

Member No.: 412

QUOTE (Renegades @ Jun 12 2003, 07:20 AM)
Fuck this is all to much to take in tonight... I'll come back later.

I think religion will always be argued about. I've said my piece on it. You're born, you live, you're buried. It doesn't get any more complicated than that people.

--------------------
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us, you're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end, I came here to tell you how this is going to begin. Now, I'm going to hang up this phone, and I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world...where anything is possible.
Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2020 - 05:26 AM