Jan 26 2003, 02:56 PM

Junior Activist

Active
12-December 02

-Got this it off the forum that used to belong to Lance Buchi:

Eurage
Re: the tilburg gig yesterday
« Reply #3 on: January 23rd, 2003, 5:36am »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other interesting fact: While driving to the show there was a short interview with Chris and Brad on Dutch radio(3FM). When Brad was asked whether Zack's opinion on Audioslave was important to him he replied: "I don't give a fuck about what Zack thinks". I thought that was a bit harsh.

-Bottled up feelings eh? I think it's band envy. 'Cause deep down Brad knows Audioslave is simply another boring redundant generic straight rock band like all the others.

btw..did u all read on that other interview how Tim said they had gone thru all the legal stuff & now "owned" the name "rage agaisnt the machine"? Pretty fucked.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fuct_bum
Jan 26 2003, 04:29 PM

NOBODY

Activist
30-November 02
Houston, TX

What 'other' interview?

--------------------
It may come early or late but it will finally come.

+Quote Post
Moremi
Jan 26 2003, 04:43 PM

I what do! Eat drums!

Activist
30-November 02
Nigeria

Tim gave this interview on London radio, I think. And he said that legally they owned the name Rage Against The Machine and that if they wanted to they could moved forward with a new singer under that name. It sounds like they have not ruled out the possibility of doing that in the future. upset.gif

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
Moremi
Jan 26 2003, 04:56 PM

I what do! Eat drums!

Activist
30-November 02
Nigeria

Here it is:

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/2002/intervi...ews/m509729.ram

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
fuct_bum
Jan 26 2003, 04:57 PM

NOBODY

Activist
30-November 02
Houston, TX

What about royalties from RATM album sales? Does Zack have any rights to them now?

--------------------
It may come early or late but it will finally come.

+Quote Post
Moremi
Jan 26 2003, 05:28 PM

I what do! Eat drums!

Activist
30-November 02
Nigeria

Good question mellow.gif

--------------------
Efin ni iwa; o ma nru.

\o/

+Quote Post
Renegades
Jan 26 2003, 05:47 PM

Estou perdido...

Moderators
30-November 02
SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE...

well... i have that feeling that if a new singer fronted ratm, we'd all be singing custard's track "i like your old stuff better then your new stuff"!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
"Do not be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life” - Bertolt Brecht

"I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."
- Jean-Michel Basquiat

+Quote Post
angiedavis
Jan 26 2003, 07:21 PM

Freedom Advocate

Activist
5-January 03

He has been making a solo album since 1993?! Or is Tim just being a drama queen?
Why does Tim seem pissed that Zack wants to go solo instead of staying with a band?
From the interview with Tim...my understanding of the name situation is that they all can use the name, all four of them. They choose to use the name for political purposes. Tim stated that there are people that don't give a shit about the music and they are totally into the politics, so I believe that is what they are using it for. Of course, any one of the members can use the name, but who is going to be the dick and use the old RATM name?
Tim and Zack competitive? Is that why they are not talking to each other? Two thick-headed individuals that can't say sorry...interesting shifty.gif

--------------------
I don't need to live my life in the shadows of expired sages. Me

It was written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice. Joseph Conrad

There's something very wrong when people try to justify their use of a word this hateful or say they don't care who is offended whent hey use it...but you want to call me hypocrite. Get real! It's hypocrisy to pretend you care about racial relations in this country and then try to justify using a word that carries so much racial hatred.-Moremi

+Quote Post
Sara
Jan 26 2003, 07:46 PM

Sunny Sunflower

Moderators
30-November 02
Isla del Sol

how can Tim own the name???? does anyone know how that legal stuff business work??

--------------------
Reina, reina de mi vida Llena mi reino de alegria Tiene brillo en su mirada Goza de belleza consagra

+Quote Post
angiedavis
Jan 26 2003, 07:50 PM

Freedom Advocate

Activist
5-January 03

QUOTE (Sarah @ Jan 27 2003, 03:46 AM)
how can Tim own the name???? does anyone know how that legal stuff business work??

Zdlrfan has a link to an interview with Tim and he does not own the name. The whole band owns the name and I believe they are just using the name for political causes which is why they still have the RATM website for those that don't give a shit about the music and are into the politics. If you listen to link Zdlrfan posted it will answer your question.

--------------------

It was written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice. Joseph Conrad

There's something very wrong when people try to justify their use of a word this hateful or say they don't care who is offended whent hey use it...but you want to call me hypocrite. Get real! It's hypocrisy to pretend you care about racial relations in this country and then try to justify using a word that carries so much racial hatred.-Moremi

+Quote Post
das187
Jan 26 2003, 08:24 PM

Activist
30-November 02
the streets of L.A.

The whole ratm.com ratm thing began on this thread- "Ratm.com Webmaster, anybody know..."

-Its on the 2nd page of this forum. How the hell do you link threads? dry.gif

--------------------
BITCH

+Quote Post
angiedavis
Jan 26 2003, 08:28 PM

Freedom Advocate

Activist
5-January 03

QUOTE (das187 @ Jan 27 2003, 04:24 AM)
The whole ratm.com ratm thing began on this thread- "Ratm.com Webmaster, anybody know..."

das187,
Huh?! What are yo sayin'?

--------------------

+Quote Post
cosmic
Jan 26 2003, 10:08 PM

Magneto, alpha(E/H)^2

ZDLRNet Admin
29-November 02
L.A., CA

He's saying that there's a thread in this section, second page, called "RATM.COM Webmaster...", the link should be there.

cosmic

--------------------

Classic

+Quote Post
cosmic
Jan 26 2003, 10:11 PM

Magneto, alpha(E/H)^2

ZDLRNet Admin
29-November 02
L.A., CA

How the hell do you link threads?

That's a downfall for using scripted frames, sorry 'bout that. I'm thinking of changing that in the near future.

Cosmic

--------------------

Classic

+Quote Post
seditious beats
Jan 27 2003, 12:58 AM

El Broma ¡BOO!

Moderators
2-December 02

Why should Brad care what Zack thinks about the band? I think he answered the way he did because he's probably sick of all the Zack questions.

--------------------
deep s.p . a . . c . . . e

+Quote Post

3 V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

: · ·

· · ·

: 16th May 2022 - 08:22 AM